The Myth of the Moderate Muslim

The Islamic Thinkers Society is a Muslim group based in New York City that seeks the goal of restoring the Islamic Caliphate to create what they call "an ideal Islamic society." They are located mainly in Jackson Heights, Queens, New York City, United States.

Islamic Thinkers Society is an offshoot of Al-Muhajiroun, a pro-al Qaeda British Islamist extremist group.[1]

ITS calls on Muslims to oppose the United States, Christianity and Western society and culture, especially homosexuality, which they see as Western.[citation needed] ITS is also notable for its hostility to Shi'ites whom they view as not true Muslims.

The group is based in the largely immigrant community of the Jackson Heights neighborhood in Queens, New York City but operates in the wider New York area. It is composed mainly of second-generation young Arab, Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani Muslim immigrants with a few converts.
[6]

Islamic Thinkers Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm an atheist, I put fact over faith, all religions that put faith over fact are ridiculous to me. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc etc etc.

You didn't even question my objections, just provided personal attacks, my asking for another source also brought out personal attacks.

The media makes a huge deal of all isolated incidents. I remember muslims and christians praying in my school in their free time as I'm sure many schools have on a daily basis, but this sort of thing will never make the news.

don't try to turn it around.....you are the one who could not make any rational objections to the article...
i guess you decided to put your atheistic leftie "faith" first and ignore the facts....

You don't know what left is, so your attempt to insult me with it is pointless.
For someone who claims to go by the facts, your assumption here is laughable...

I gave you their motivations to write such a piece, you didn't question it, so we probably agree on that. You're not mad that I didn't read the article, you're mad that I'm not a straight ticket party line voting republican such as yourself (oh and btw, I've never voted for one democrat in my life and am certain you agree more with Obama than I do).
Instead of discussing the facts in the piece....you would rather discuss "motivations" for writing the piece....nice try to side-step and ignore the facts that were presented in the article...

You also didn't address my point on if a pro-democrat media outlet wrote an article and if you'd blindly believe it without questioning, my guess is you avoided that on purpose as you'd look like a hypocrite if you answered it.
I didn't tell you to "blindly" believe it....I told you to verify the facts....by looking up the various incidents and topics in other news media...the facts are there if you just look for them...

American Thinker doesn't make its money writing about muslim charities, that's not what you and the fellow readers want to hear. Writing something negative about muslims, is what you want to hear, is what will get you to subscribe to them and is what will get their website hits, so that's why they do it.
Again....you go on about "motivations"....instead of addressing the facts presented in the article...

Anything else? I'm sure a childish insult will be a follow up, but besides that of course.The only thing i would suggest you do in the future is to address the facts instead of sidestepping them....since you claim to be one of those "rational" atheists....

don't try to turn it around.....you are the one who could not make any rational objections to the article...
i guess you decided to put your atheistic leftie "faith" first and ignore the facts....

I gave you their motivations to write such a piece, you didn't question it, so we probably agree on that. You're not mad that I didn't read the article, you're mad that I'm not a straight ticket party line voting republican such as yourself (oh and btw, I've never voted for one democrat in my life and am certain you agree more with Obama than I do).
Instead of discussing the facts in the piece....you would rather discuss "motivations" for writing the piece....nice try to side-step and ignore the facts that were presented in the article...

You also didn't address my point on if a pro-democrat media outlet wrote an article and if you'd blindly believe it without questioning, my guess is you avoided that on purpose as you'd look like a hypocrite if you answered it.
I didn't tell you to "blindly" believe it....I told you to verify the facts....by looking up the various incidents and topics in other news media...the facts are there if you just look for them...

American Thinker doesn't make its money writing about muslim charities, that's not what you and the fellow readers want to hear. Writing something negative about muslims, is what you want to hear, is what will get you to subscribe to them and is what will get their website hits, so that's why they do it.
Again....you go on about "motivations"....instead of addressing the facts presented in the article...

Anything else? I'm sure a childish insult will be a follow up, but besides that of course.The only thing i would suggest you do in the future is to address the facts instead of sidestepping them....since you claim to be one of those "rational" atheists....

I asked you to back up a source which I'm sure you would agree is slanted with another one, you didn't, that was the end of it. Well should have been, then you decided to throw a tantrum and the kiddie insults ensued.

I even said if you didn't back it up that was fine and we'd move on.

I asked you to back up a source which I'm sure you would agree is slanted with another one, you didn't, that was the end of it. Well should have been, then you decided to throw a tantrum and the kiddie insults ensued.

I even said if you didn't back it up that was fine and we'd move on.

hell why would i "back up" the article and all the many facts it presented when you wouldn't even bother to read the article in the first place....?

Dr. Drock said:
I'm not going to waste my time reading it,

....obviously American Thinker is not on your leftie list of "approved" journalism...

...the facts in the article speak for themselves....if you doubt the facts you could look them up for yourself to verify/deny them.....i'm not going to do that work for you....especially since you wouldn't even bother to read the article in the first place...

Last edited:
Indonesia has the largest Muslim population of any country on earth and that population is considered to be overwhelmingly moderate Muslim.

What do the actions of a billion people have to do with what is in the Koran and the Hadiths?

Do all Buddhists reach nirvana as is taught by their faith?

Do all Christians become saints?

The shaheed (martyr) is the highest of high in Islam in the eyes of Allah. Just because not all Muslims are mujahedeen does not change the fact that jihad is an intrinsic part of the religion.

Then isn't their jihad in the eyes of their creator? Many evil deeds were done in the name of Jesus Christ. Does not make them right and does not mean that Jesus supported them

The tenets of jihad have been documented and sourced and are well known . There is no corresponding doctrine in Christianity .

yes there is.

Indonesia has the largest Muslim population of any country on earth and that population is considered to be overwhelmingly moderate Muslim.

And then there is the grim reality...
Indonesia once hailed itself as a moderate, diverse nation that protects freedom of religion for all its citizens, with a national motto "Bhinneka Tunggal Ika," meaning unity in diversity. Three months ago, President Obama praised Indonesia as a model of religious tolerance when he said that Indonesia and the United States share principles of unity and tolerance.

The grim reality, however, is that Indonesia is losing the right to call itself a tolerant nation that promotes or protects diversity. Instead, due to failed policies, its government has allowed a real militant threat to grow within its borders.

Just last week, in a span of three days, mobs in Indonesia attacked two different religious groups, with the police unable to stop them. On February 8th, a mob of 1,000 militants attacked the police and burned two churches to protest what they considered a far too-lenient sentence given to a Christian for allegedly blaspheming Islam. The mob is calling for his death.

Two days earlier, on Sunday, a mob of more than 1,000 extremists wielded machetes and attacked 18 peaceful members of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community staying in a house. Three have been confirmed dead and five critically injured. A gruesome video of the attack has surfaced, showing two bloodied young men of this community being hacked to death as the crowd cheers and pelts the lifeless bodies with stones. Meanwhile, the police idly stand by. This footage can be found online, if you have the stomach to watch the brutality.
The Setara Institute -- an NGO that monitors religious freedom -- reports that violence against the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has significantly increased from just three incidents in 2006 to 50 in 2010 -- amounting to more than 100 recorded attacks against the community since 2008.

Ahmadiyya Times: Indonesia - Land of Tolerance or Terror?
“As Baptists we support religious tolerance and the peaceful resolution of conflict. People should be free to hold their religious beliefs, and to act in accordance with those beliefs within the law. Resort to violence is never an appropriate way to resolve religious differences,” Dr Winslade said.

His comments followed news that three followers of the Islamic sect Ahmadiyah were murdered in West Java last weekend.

In an unrelated incident on Tuesday, a 1500-strong mob burned and ransacked two churches in Temanggung, Central Java.
There were 75 reported attacks on churches in Indonesia in 2010.

Australian Baptists call for religious tolerance in Indonesia

Then isn't their jihad in the eyes of their creator? Many evil deeds were done in the name of Jesus Christ. Does not make them right and does not mean that Jesus supported them

The tenets of jihad have been documented and sourced and are well known . There is no corresponding doctrine in Christianity .

yes there is.
Prove it.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...istian-jihad-doctrine-thread.html#post3403322

Dakota Voice/Gina Miller/3-8-11

Is there really such a thing as a “moderate Muslim”? Or, are there only Muslims and apostate Muslims? I suspect the latter.

We always read about “radical Islam” as if there is a distinction between it and “regular” Islam. But how is Islam not radical? How is Islamic Shariah law not radical? Even a cursory study of Islamic Shariah law reveals a brutal, oppressive and ignorant ideology that is completely at odds with western civilization. There can be no doubt that Islam is radical, period. Of course, not every Muslim straps on a bomb or cuts off people’s heads, but there seems to be a dearth of supposedly moderate Muslims who are loudly denouncing such atrocious, barbaric behavior.

The “moderate Muslim” campaign is a hoax, and America would do well to wake up to it. Where you have someone who claims to be a moderate Muslim, look for either deception (taqiyya) or an apostate Muslim who cherry-picks Islam. The words of the Koran which call for the killing or subjugation of non-Muslims and the waging of jihad against “infidels” leave Muslims in a position to either support those words or not fully follow Islam’s mandates.

The pressure of political correctness has cowed and silenced many leaders in our nation. They are afraid to call a spade a spade when it comes to Islam. The good news is that millions of us are awake to the threat of creeping Islamic Shariah law in our country, and we will not be fooled by the PC rhetoric. I just hope we have the collective will to stamp out the creeping Shariah within our borders.

It is heartening to see a number of states proposing anti-Shariah bills in their legislatures. Those bills would outlaw state courts from citing or upholding Shariah law. This kind of legislation is essential to head off the creeping invasion of Shariah law in our nation. It must be done at the state level, since we have an Islamist sympathizer in the White House whose administration would never go against the Islamist agenda. If we can take back the White House and Senate in 2012, we may stand a chance at anti-Shariah legislation at the federal level.

New York Rep. Peter King is hosting a congressional hearing this week in Washington to explore the threat of Islamic radicalization in our country. This is a small step in the right direction, but even Rep. King is attempting to find those elusive moderate Muslims who will stand boldly against the Islamic calls for jihad against non-Muslims.

The America-hating, suicidal Left and the Islamists desperately try to claim there is no such threat to our nation from Islamic Shariah law, and they claim that anyone who criticizes Islam is simply displaying “hate” against Muslims; yet at the same time, the Islamists have plainly said they intend to destroy the West from within. A 1991 internal document of the Muslim Brotherhood states the Islamists’ intentions for the United States and all of western civilization. As reported by Paul and Phillip D. Collins in their essay titled, “The Muslim Brotherhood: Expediting the Grand Jihad,”

“Entitled ‘An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America,’ the document states that the Brotherhood’s activities in the United States represent,

‘a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions’”

What part of that is hard to understand? Who can read that and not clearly see that the Islamists are the enemies of the entire free world, especially as we witness all the Islamic murderers who operate daily across the globe killing people for the sake of the devil, Allah?

The fact that duplicitous groups like the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) are still given any credibility whatsoever is quite disturbing and frustrating. CAIR is nothing more than a stealth front group for Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

CAIR was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the massive terror financing trial of the Holy Land Foundation, which found the defendants guilty on all charges.

cont: The Myth of the Moderate Muslim
Peter King's IRA Support Resurfaces as Lawmaker Probes Muslim Radicalism in U.S.

As Rep. Peter King gets ready to open hearings Thursday on Muslim radicals in the U.S., the New York lawmaker is facing questions about his own past as an unapologetic supporter of the anti-British Irish Republican Army.

From his days as the elected Nassau County comptroller in the early 1980s, King has spoken out for the IRA, a nationalist group that waged a bloody bomb-and-bullet campaign for three decades in an effort to drive the British out of Northern Ireland. To King and other supporters, the IRA volunteers were freedom fighters. But to others, including many Irish Americans, the Provisionals (as the main IRA group was known) were terrorists.
Related Stories
Rep. Peter King Says Threat of Domestic Islamic Terrorism Justifies Upcoming Hearing
In 1982, the New York Republican told a pro-IRA rally on Long Island, "We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry," according to an extensive account in the New York Times that traced King's IRA ties. A few years later, King said, "If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it."

Face it ,islam is a satanic bloodlusting backward deathcult.muslims are savage brainwashed
animals who think that child molesting caravan thief muhammad was a real prophet!lol
muslims are in America not to blend in but to subvert are freedoms and turn USA into to a islamic state under sharia law.While these muzzie pigs will never get the job done they WILL spread terror and murder as they have already shown.All true loyal Americans should boycott all muslim businesses and NEVER hire a muslim.islam must be banned here and all muslims exported or put in concentration camps.

Dakota Voice/Gina Miller/3-8-11

Is there really such a thing as a “moderate Muslim”? Or, are there only Muslims and apostate Muslims? I suspect the latter.

We always read about “radical Islam” as if there is a distinction between it and “regular” Islam. But how is Islam not radical? How is Islamic Shariah law not radical? Even a cursory study of Islamic Shariah law reveals a brutal, oppressive and ignorant ideology that is completely at odds with western civilization. There can be no doubt that Islam is radical, period. Of course, not every Muslim straps on a bomb or cuts off people’s heads, but there seems to be a dearth of supposedly moderate Muslims who are loudly denouncing such atrocious, barbaric behavior.

The “moderate Muslim” campaign is a hoax, and America would do well to wake up to it. Where you have someone who claims to be a moderate Muslim, look for either deception (taqiyya) or an apostate Muslim who cherry-picks Islam. The words of the Koran which call for the killing or subjugation of non-Muslims and the waging of jihad against “infidels” leave Muslims in a position to either support those words or not fully follow Islam’s mandates.

The pressure of political correctness has cowed and silenced many leaders in our nation. They are afraid to call a spade a spade when it comes to Islam. The good news is that millions of us are awake to the threat of creeping Islamic Shariah law in our country, and we will not be fooled by the PC rhetoric. I just hope we have the collective will to stamp out the creeping Shariah within our borders.

It is heartening to see a number of states proposing anti-Shariah bills in their legislatures. Those bills would outlaw state courts from citing or upholding Shariah law. This kind of legislation is essential to head off the creeping invasion of Shariah law in our nation. It must be done at the state level, since we have an Islamist sympathizer in the White House whose administration would never go against the Islamist agenda. If we can take back the White House and Senate in 2012, we may stand a chance at anti-Shariah legislation at the federal level.

New York Rep. Peter King is hosting a congressional hearing this week in Washington to explore the threat of Islamic radicalization in our country. This is a small step in the right direction, but even Rep. King is attempting to find those elusive moderate Muslims who will stand boldly against the Islamic calls for jihad against non-Muslims.

The America-hating, suicidal Left and the Islamists desperately try to claim there is no such threat to our nation from Islamic Shariah law, and they claim that anyone who criticizes Islam is simply displaying “hate” against Muslims; yet at the same time, the Islamists have plainly said they intend to destroy the West from within. A 1991 internal document of the Muslim Brotherhood states the Islamists’ intentions for the United States and all of western civilization. As reported by Paul and Phillip D. Collins in their essay titled, “The Muslim Brotherhood: Expediting the Grand Jihad,”

“Entitled ‘An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America,’ the document states that the Brotherhood’s activities in the United States represent,

‘a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions’”

What part of that is hard to understand? Who can read that and not clearly see that the Islamists are the enemies of the entire free world, especially as we witness all the Islamic murderers who operate daily across the globe killing people for the sake of the devil, Allah?

The fact that duplicitous groups like the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) are still given any credibility whatsoever is quite disturbing and frustrating. CAIR is nothing more than a stealth front group for Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

CAIR was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the massive terror financing trial of the Holy Land Foundation, which found the defendants guilty on all charges.

cont: The Myth of the Moderate Muslim
Peter King's IRA Support Resurfaces as Lawmaker Probes Muslim Radicalism in U.S.

As Rep. Peter King gets ready to open hearings Thursday on Muslim radicals in the U.S., the New York lawmaker is facing questions about his own past as an unapologetic supporter of the anti-British Irish Republican Army.

From his days as the elected Nassau County comptroller in the early 1980s, King has spoken out for the IRA, a nationalist group that waged a bloody bomb-and-bullet campaign for three decades in an effort to drive the British out of Northern Ireland. To King and other supporters, the IRA volunteers were freedom fighters. But to others, including many Irish Americans, the Provisionals (as the main IRA group was known) were terrorists.
Related Stories
Rep. Peter King Says Threat of Domestic Islamic Terrorism Justifies Upcoming Hearing
In 1982, the New York Republican told a pro-IRA rally on Long Island, "We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry," according to an extensive account in the New York Times that traced King's IRA ties. A few years later, King said, "If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it."

wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in china....? or islamic terrorism....?

if anything....that general knowledge of terrorism will only help him in the hearings....

Go Irish!

Forum List

Back