The Myth of "Obama's" Sealed Records

Perhaps not "sealed" in the legal sense but certainly unavailable to the public. A rather pathetic attempt at deflection. And the hypocrisy! Whining about wanting more tax records from Romney while Obama gets a pass. What a sad display of grasping at straws...but then, you can color me shocked that the President isn't campaigning on his "accomplishments"...:eusa_whistle:

That's better, and a fairly good reason to ask. However, his marks don't tell us anything about how well he performed his job as the editor of The Harvard Law Review, or his year wtih Business International Corporation and teh the New York Public Interest Research Group. It certainly doesn't play to hwo he performed his job as a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School or his later work as a civil rights lawyer with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland.

The reason being is that people with poor scholastic marks often do better than those who were on the Honour Role. Einstein's name usually pops up in the discussion at this point, but I could just as easily point to George Eastman, Quentin Tarantino, Peter Jennings, Dave Thomas (the founder of Wendy's) and literally dozens of others in a variety of fields.

Now, if there were some correllation you'd like to try to make about his college transcripts and his success or lack thereof as a university lecturer or civil rights attorney, we might have something to talk about. But I fail to see the weight of such a requirement.

And saying, "it's just politics" and point at Harry Reid or the "Mitt Romney Killed my Wife" ad to say that it's ferpecktly okay to request and require these transcripts.....

Don't scan. If you want to promote the necessity of such a release of documents, you have GOT to do better than "It's a political campaign. That's why Senator Reid stated he believes Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years." (Which, BTW, he has NEVER said; go back and review the interviews.)

The release of those documents need to tell us something about the candidate that cannot be explained by any other avenue of investigation. In the case of Romney's tax returns, it's playing to his position and wealth against everyone else's.

Obama released all of his tax returns back to 2000 when he was running in 2008; Biden went back to 1998 with his. Romney -- and now Ryan, it's been announced -- have/are giving two. And that's it.

Why won't he ante up in this poker game? THAT'S the rationale behind Reid's allegations.

ROmney has to put out more documents, then Obaman does too. The simple FACT that he already has produced more documents about himself than Romney has seems to escape you.

Tell ya what: Romney ponies up another ten years of tax returns and his birth certificate, then -- AND ONLY THEN -- can we start talking about what Obama has to release and why.

Until then....it plays into the not so subtle narrative that 'he is not one of us'."

And that looks far FAR worse than Reid's lying through his teeth about any source.

Last edited:
That's better, and a fairly good reason to ask. However, his marks don't tell us anything about how well he performed his job as the editor of The Harvard Law Review, or his year wtih Business International Corporation and teh the New York Public Interest Research Group. It certainly doesn't play to hwo he performed his job as a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School or his later work as a civil rights lawyer with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland.

The reason being is that people with poor scholastic marks often do better than those who were on the Honour Role. Einstein's name usually pops up in the discussion at this point, but I could just as easily point to George Eastman, Quentin Tarantino, Peter Jennings, Dave Thomas (the founder of Wendy's) and literally dozens of others in a variety of fields.

Now, if there were some correllation you'd like to try to make about his college transcripts and his success or lack thereof as a university lecturer or civil rights attorney, we might have something to talk about. But I fail to see the weight of such a requirement.

And saying, "it's just politics" and point at Harry Reid or the "Mitt Romney Killed my Wife" ad to say that it's ferpecktly okay to request and require these transcripts.....

Don't scan. If you want to promote the necessity of such a release of documents, you have GOT to do better than "It's a political campaign. That's why Senator Reid stated he believes Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years." (Which, BTW, he has NEVER said; go back and review the interviews.)

The release of those documents need to tell us something about the candidate that cannot be explained by any other avenue of investigation. In the case of Romney's tax returns, it's playing to his position and wealth against everyone else's.

Obama released all of his tax returns back to 2000 when he was running in 2008; Biden went back to 1998 with his. Romney -- and now Ryan, it's been announced -- have/are giving two. And that's it.

Why won't he ante up in this poker game? THAT'S the rationale behind Reid's allegations.

ROmney has to put out more documents, then Obaman does too. The simple FACT that he already has produced more documents about himself than Romney has seems to escape you.

Tell ya what: Romney ponies up another ten years of tax returns and his birth certificate, then -- AND ONLY THEN -- can we start talking about what Obama has to release and why.

Until then....it plays into the not so subtle narrative that 'he is not one of us'."

And that looks far FAR worse than Reid's lying through his teeth about any source.

Tell ya what: Obama ponies up the records we've been asking for for FOUR YEARS, and then - AND ONLY THEN - can he and his ass-kissing slavish devotees start talking about demanding the private tax records of Mitt Romney.

Until then, it plays into the blatantly obvious narrative that he's a fucking hypocrite.

And that looks far FAR worse than Mitt Romney being rich.

Wow. Defending Reid's outlandish accusations...and only your second post. Pretty monumental fail. You're not off to a good start. Good luck with that.

It's known he got a 3.7 at Columbia and was Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law school. And only brainwashed dupes thank it matters. Romney is a huge liar and flip flopper.

This is so irrational I give these dupes a 65% chance racist quotient...

It's known he got a 3.7 at Columbia and was Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law school. And only brainwashed dupes thank it matters. Romney is a huge liar and flip flopper.

4537262458_50b8b690df.jpg

Maybe all Obama ever did at Law Review was show up for graduation? He had no idea what "Judicial Review" was!

How do you get through law school, never mind "President" of Law Review not knowing Judicial Review?

So where are his college records?

Precisely the right question! :clap2:

They aren't sealed. They are just not being permitted to be released.

Meanwhile, that hypocritical gasbag in chief is still trying to politically compel his opponent into releasing materials which HE isn't required to provide, either.

Fear not, the voting public gets it. Obiedopey isn't fooling anyone but himself. He'll find out on Election Day

Except, you don't know he got a 3.7 at Columbia. And the fact that he got awarded a MAgna Cum Laude doesn't tell us HOW he "earned" that award.

And none of that tells us HOW he paid for school.

I remain much more interested in his applications to the schools and the financial aid applications he filed.

And we all know that there's not a chance that The ONE will EVER deign to release them.

Known by whom? How? Based on what evidence?

It's "known" that Romney paid taxes the last ten years (since the IRS hasn't prosecuted him for tax evasion), but that's not stopping you idiots from demanding to see his private tax records, which ARE protected by law.

Except, you don't know he got a 3.7 at Columbia. And the fact that he got awarded a MAgna Cum Laude doesn't tell us HOW he "earned" that award.

And none of that tells us HOW he paid for school.

I remain much more interested in his applications to the schools and the financial aid applications he filed.

And we all know that there's not a chance that The ONE will EVER deign to release them.

There is a slim chance once he is out of office we will get the truth and it won't be pretty.

I thought that graphic that the usual con suspects were posting was zaney:

Q: Are Obama’s early records “sealed”?

A: No. Many records that presidential candidates don’t ordinarily release do remain confidential, but they are not “sealed” by a court. The 16 claims in a widely distributed graphic are mostly false or distorted.

It's known he got a 3.7 at Columbia and was Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law school.

How is it known, troll?

What we do know.... he did not graduate with honors at Colombia... so his GPA could not have been over 3.3. How does one go from a max GPA of 3.3 to get into Harvard Law on merit? His grades don't hold up to scrutiny. Frankly, I'm more interested in whether he attended as a foreign student.

Forum List

Back