The Myth of "God's Chosen People"

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by JJJ, Apr 24, 2012.

1. JJJ

JJJ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Am I the only one that gets tired of how the U.S. panders to Israel, as though the Jews are better or more worthy than other people and nations in the Middle East? I have posted a book on line at deliver-us-from-evil dot com, and in the chapter titled "God's Chosen People" I take this issue on directly, expressing views that I am sure will be labelled by some shrill people out there as anti-Semitic. My basic thesis, straight from the Bible, is that the Jews were incredibly adept at both misbehaving and defying God's commandments, and for that reason constantly found themselves in captivity or bondage, etc. I'd be interested in any feedback, and in debating the subject with anyone who cares to. By the way, I'm not from Palestine; I'm a so-called conservative, white male protestant from Texas. JJJ

2. JJJ

JJJ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just had a conversation with a woman whose family is from Palestine, and she interpreted what I concluded with above, as to not being from Palestine, as being critical or judgmental of those who are. Nothing could be further from the truth. Palestinians, based on my knowledge and observations, can be some of the most humble, loving, God-fearing people anywhere. I added that closing comment because I'm sure there have many from the Arab or Palestine community who have delivered a similar tag-line in messages (without my content), and I wanted in this case to distinguish the source. And I really wanted to do so because I don't recall many intelligent conservatives from Texas who have had the guts to express similar views. JJJ

3. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    Pay no attention to Israel being the only Democratic ally in the region dumb ass.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Umm who wrote down that the jews are gods chosen children/people?

Duhhh!
    Jews?

You think that they would write down that the egyptians were gods chosen people?

5. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Allah even chose the Jewish winners over the muslime losers. Allah is most wise :clap2:

Investor's Business Daily: How Free Israel Prospers As Islam Remains In The Dark