The Myth of 90 Percent: Only a Small Fraction of Guns in Mexico Come From U.S.

Illegal or legal, it is still easier for a Mexican to get a gun in America then it is in Mexico.

Maybe America should use Mexico's gun laws for the Mexicans in America?

It is much easier for a Mexican to get a gun in America then it is for a Mexican to get a gun in Mexico.

The gun laws in Mexico are far more strict then the gun laws of America, I wonder why?

yea thats why every criminal type of person in Mexico has one.......but not those who NEED THEM......

You my friend are out of your mind. It is easier for a Mexican to buy a fire arm on the black market in the US than it is for him to buy one legally in Mexico. There fixed that for you.

I also expect that a high percentage of firearms that pass though here on the way to Mexico aren't in the US legally either.
Why the hell buy Guns in the US and pay a huge Mark up when you can buy perfectly good AK's in Africa that haven't been modified to fire semi auto only and probably get a couple of RPG's throne in for good measure for less than what one M-16 cost you in the US?

except that is not true
Chris Hawley - Apr. 1, 2009
Republic Mexico City Bureau
MEXICO CITY - There is one gun store in Mexico. And it serves a very select clientele.

The store is run by the Mexican army and occupies two rooms in a heavily guarded building near the army's headquarters in Mexico City.

To shop here, customers need a permit that can take months to get. And once they buy a gun, there are limits on how much ammunition they can buy each month, where they can take the gun, who they can sell it to.

To shoppers here, the irony is clear: Mexico has some of the toughest gun-control laws in the world, yet the country's drug cartels are armed to the teeth with high-powered illegal weapons because guns are so easy to buy in the United States and smuggle over the border.

"If the United States had a system like ours, we wouldn't have so many problems here in Mexico," Agustin Villordo, 27, of Puebla, Mexico, said Tuesday as he shopped for a hunting rifle.

Maybe America should apply the Mexican gun laws of Mexico to the Mexicans in America?

The cartels are using full automatic machine guns and high power ammo! Neither is purchased legally in America! What is driving me crazy is that you constantly see pictures of Cartel members holding M16 (illegal to sell in the US), AK47 (Russian), SA-80 (British) and the Uzi (Israel)! None of these guns are purchased legally in America, yet these are what the Cartels are using!

except that is not true
Chris Hawley - Apr. 1, 2009
Republic Mexico City Bureau
MEXICO CITY - There is one gun store in Mexico. And it serves a very select clientele.

The store is run by the Mexican army and occupies two rooms in a heavily guarded building near the army's headquarters in Mexico City.

To shop here, customers need a permit that can take months to get. And once they buy a gun, there are limits on how much ammunition they can buy each month, where they can take the gun, who they can sell it to.

To shoppers here, the irony is clear: Mexico has some of the toughest gun-control laws in the world, yet the country's drug cartels are armed to the teeth with high-powered illegal weapons because guns are so easy to buy in the United States and smuggle over the border.

"If the United States had a system like ours, we wouldn't have so many problems here in Mexico," Agustin Villordo, 27, of Puebla, Mexico, said Tuesday as he shopped for a hunting rifle.

Maybe America should apply the Mexican gun laws of Mexico to the Mexicans in America?

The cartels are using full automatic machine guns and high power ammo! Neither is purchased legally in America! What is driving me crazy is that you constantly see pictures of Cartel members holding M16 (illegal to sell in the US), AK47 (Russian), SA-80 (British) and the Uzi (Israel)! None of these guns are purchased legally in America, yet these are what the Cartels are using!

So, does it make you wonder why our Secretary of State stood before the world and made the USA take the blame for these illegal guns when she knew it wasn't the truth.. Well, let's hope she's not that clueless! so WHY??????

This is here too? Did WorldNutDaily send out an email alert or something?

Because I'm on their mailing list...I didn't get it, damn it!
So if it was a Jewish or 9/11 truther conspiracy you would be nutting in your pants, but this is a conservative American fact finder (that is using identifiable and tangible stats to prove their point) you will ignore it will extreme prejudice! Typical!

So if it was a Jewish or 9/11 truther conspiracy you would be nutting in your pants, but this is a conservative American fact finder (that is using identifiable and tangible stats to prove their point) you will ignore it will extreme prejudice! Typical!

You really know absolutely nothing about my political ideology, isn't that right?

You really know absolutely nothing about my political ideology, isn't that right?

I know your a 9/11 truther, I know your a Jew hater and I know you think the US is always the bad guy! So where did I no present that in the post?

Last edited:
I know your a 9/11 truther, I know your a Jew hater and I know you think the US is always the bad guy! So where did I no present that in the post!

Jew Hater? That's derived from my opposition to Israeli policies, of course. (A step up from identifying anti-Zionism as anti-Semitism, since I'm not even an anti-Zionist.) But 9/11 truther? I don't even know what you could spin that one out of...

Folks on this thread of the opinion that taking guns away from Americans will have a positive effect on civility and crime rates, are dreaming.

It would be amusing to see it debated on the floor of the House as our sterling representatives contemplate how a gun seizure would play out in America.

I know your a 9/11 truther, I know your a Jew hater and I know you think the US is always the bad guy! So where did I no present that in the post!

Jew Hater? That's derived from my opposition to Israeli policies, of course. (A step up from identifying anti-Zionism as anti-Semitism, since I'm not even an anti-Zionist.) But 9/11 truther? I don't even know what you could spin that one out of...

"Location: Imperial Empire of America!"
It doesn't take a genius to figure out with a self-proclaimed location like that, where you stand on 9/11 and America be the bad guys! :evil:
Go back and read some of your own posts under Israel/Palestine Conflict, you bias, prejudice and stance are crystal clear!

Agna, who you crappin?

Last edited:

hey Ag....welcome back from exile.....its lonely out there....aint it....:lol:

GHook93

A Look at the Numbers

In 2007-2008, according to ATF Special Agent William Newell, Mexico submitted 11,000 guns to the ATF for tracing. Close to 6,000 were successfully traced -- and of those, 90 percent -- 5,114 to be exact, according to testimony in Congress by William Hoover -- were found to have come from the U.S.

But in those same two years, according to the Mexican government, 29,000 guns were recovered at crime scenes.

In other words, 68 percent of the guns that were recovered were never submitted for tracing. And when you weed out the roughly 6,000 guns that could not be traced from the remaining 32 percent, it means 83 percent of the guns found at crime scenes in Mexico could not be traced to the U.S.

Man are you blowing smoke. Not, that does not mean that the other 83% could not be traced to the US, it means that the other 83% were not traced, period. For those of us that value the 2nd Amendment, your support of the illegal black market in guns only makes it harder.

Folks on this thread of the opinion that taking guns away from Americans will have a positive effect on civility and crime rates, are dreaming.

It would be amusing to see it debated on the floor of the House as our sterling representatives contemplate how a gun seizure would play out in America.

Stopping the black market in guns to Mexico is taking guns away from Americans? :cuckoo:

As usual you've got it about half right. You won't stop the illegal flow of weapons into Mexico by patrolling the US border. We haven't stop the flow of drugs in what in hell makes you think we will be any more successful in stopping guns flowing out.

How many AK's stamped made in chechoslovakia, china etc do you think we make here? Oh and see my last post.

So - how DO we keep deadly weapons out of the hands of criminals and psychopaths ?
Should every person in that office in Binghamtom, and every person in every place across the US,
keep a loaded gun at the ready because
there are so many nuts and crazies and gangsters running around, and guns are easily available ?
If "What do we do to prevent more killing"" is the question,
What is the answer ?

We'd condone torture in the name of collecting useless intelligence and we'd forsake our freedoms to conform to a 'security' society (don't say "bomb" or "kill" on the telephone....wand every person up and down with the metaldetector on their way in to the school's Christmas play.....check each leg of each baby's diapers for explosives...)
why can we not modify and narrow the focus of existing arms regulations to
actually save tens of thousands of lives each year ?
Or is the answer in enforcement and staffing, not regulations ?
Cops I know in a city with a drug trade and crime problem always assume there is a gun in the hand of somebody. Kids, 10, 12, 14 years old. Whatever age. Daily, shooting each other, spraying the street, shooting at cops.
Fallujah is safer than many American cities, at this point.

Another solution mentioned - remove the Profit incentive in drugs.
Legalize and regulate drugs that consumers crave and gangs are fighting to control.
That might be easier than regulating guns. And more effective.

Forum List

Back