The Muslim Religion

Well, I'll have to check those posts out and trace them back to their sources which may take some time, but I have seen many articles written by college professors about Islam, who were not Muslims. I know Islam from a first person perspective. I live it. I studied it for two years before giving my profession of faith. In fact I, as a student of Sociology and Anthropology, procrastinated on becomming a Muslim, because I couldn't decide whether I actually believed it, or I just wanted to believe it, to believe in something. I guesse I was overanalyzing it. In any case, I certainly feel qualified to give info. on it. I also looked up many of the quotes you gave in another post, and many of them were either false, partially false, or taken out of context. I've also heard so called experts give classes on Islam, when they didn't have a full understanding of it, and giving only a brief overview of the basics, which leaves quite a bit for speculation by those viewing it from a different, perhaps tainted perspective.

I'm glad we have a Muslim woman on the board. There is a lot of misunderstanding about Islam, particularly its attitude towards women, I think. Hopefully, you can dispel some of the myths. In my opinion, many people don't understand the difference between cultural customs and the Islamic faith itself. I look forward to reading what you have to say on the subject.

Well, I'll have to check those posts out and trace them back to their sources which may take some time, but I have seen many articles written by college professors about Islam, who were not Muslims. I know Islam from a first person perspective. I live it. I studied it for two years before giving my profession of faith. In fact I, as a student of Sociology and Anthropology, procrastinated on becomming a Muslim, because I couldn't decide whether I actually believed it, or I just wanted to believe it, to believe in something. I guesse I was overanalyzing it. In any case, I certainly feel qualified to give info. on it. I also looked up many of the quotes you gave in another post, and many of them were either false, partially false, or taken out of context. I've also heard so called experts give classes on Islam, when they didn't have a full understanding of it, and giving only a brief overview of the basics, which leaves quite a bit for speculation by those viewing it from a different, perhaps tainted perspective.

How do you rectify your user name with the the concept of submission ?
Can you link to an Quran that you trust that is online ?

I also looked up many of the quotes you gave in another post, and many of them were either false, partially false, or taken out of context.

Feel free to prove that in the thread in question.

I also looked up many of the quotes you gave in another post, and many of them were either false, partially false, or taken out of context.

I will ask around for the best site, because I've heard there are several that are just spreading hate, that pose as authentic. I don't ever use the internet for looking up Islam, bacause I have Qurans, Bibles, and Hadiths in my home, but I will get that to you ASAP. I must sign out, now as I have laundry to do, but will be back in an hour or two. See you then.

I will ask around for the best site, because I've heard there are several that are just spreading hate, that pose as authentic. I don't ever use the internet for looking up Islam, bacause I have Qurans, Bibles, and Hadiths in my home, but I will get that to you ASAP. I must sign out, now as I have laundry to do, but will be back in an hour or two. See you then.
I guessing your translation is by Dr. Rashad Khalifa, yes?

I guessing your translation is by Dr. Rashad Khalifa, yes?

Mine is by Muhammad Farooq-I-Azam Malik copyright 1997, from: The Institute of Islamic Knowledge. I received it as a gift from the office staff of the local Mosque when I worked there a few years ago. A couple of good sites to visit online is; Islamonline.com, and islam-guide.com

Last edited:
What about sellmeyourlittlegirl.com or mohamedwasafudgepacker.com? You ever go there?

Thanks avoid the topic of Islam you dont know what the hell you are talking about

I know exactly what I'm talking about since I am a Muslim woman who also recieved a dowry of which I decided the amount based on what I knew of my future husbands job and financial standing. I have a Quran and two books of Hadiths of which I study often, and am a member of a Muslim community in which many American Muslim women exist, who are also very well read in Islamic scripture and teachings. I have conversations with other Muslim women on a regular basis, and we all share our stories of how we got married, and so on, as all women do. From your previous posts, I'de say you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. Perhaps if you read books written by Muslims, instead of those written about Muslims, you'de get your info from the horses mouth instead of from the other end. But maybe that is the end you prefer.

I posted 3 links that describe the marriage process in Islam according to Islamic scripture 2 from the grand mufti of Saudi Arabia and one from an online university of Islamic studies which of those 3 were not written by a muslim?

OK, quick update on the checking of the three links previously given. I checked the first one, and it supports what I said in my post. The second one didn't realy have anything to do with what I was talking about, and the third one, again supported what I had said. I don't know why you think I don't know what I'm talking about. The links support my statements.

Last edited:
I know they have furniture and being as I am not a female I do not have to worry about the black sheet. My oldest daughter's name is Hailey and I am Davey. It has been my user ID since she was born.

I have been to Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. I know they use toilet paper. I guess ignorance is bliss though. It is easier to hate something you do not understand than it is to take time to learn about it.

Hister is an idiot.

Real muslims like Osama don't use bumwad. You think the Taliban have donkey convoys of Charmin supplying them in the hills?
Anyways go to Mecca during the hadj and report back to us on how many rolls you saw. I think it's BYOTP.
And the king of Saudi Arabia probably uses camel hides, not bleached paper!!!:eek:

Fit: serious question : What does it cost to buy a wife from a brother these days? Is it less expensive for an ugly one?

First off, the prophet was actually against Muslims always wearing black, as it is the color of mourning. The reason black is common is because it is considered conservative and respectable, and black fabric can be made very thin and still not be sheer (see through), therefore alieving some of the effects of heat and allowing for air circulation. A thin white blouse or pants become completely sheer. Modesty is the objective in the mode of dress. As far as TP goes, it didn't exist at the time of the prophet, and not even in America until the early 20th century, and still wasn't even very common. The minimum requirement for Muslims is to wash with running water, which is far cleaner than scraping dry paper across your bum and leaving bits of lint. The use of soap is up to the individual as it is not accessable to everyone, everywhere, all throughout time, which is after all what a religion should encompass. The use of TP before the washing, again is up to the individual, but I can assure you that all Muslims, at the very least wash with running water, and let's not forget that soap was invented in the Middle East and brought back to Europe during the Crusades

Last edited:
What is this freedom you are speaking of and what does it have to do with Islam.

What is this freedom you are speaking of and what does it have to do with Islam.

The freedom of which I speak is the freedom I have as an American, in America, the land of the free, of course.

The freedom of which I speak is the freedom I have as an American, in America, the land of the free, of course.

Well you understand that it is an obligation on muslims to alter the world to bring it under sharia law making the constitution illegal .

Well you understand that it is an obligation on muslims to alter the world to bring it under sharia law making the constitution illegal .

Actually, it is obligatory on Muslims to follow the law of the land in which they choose to live, and Sharia law, by its very nature, is non-inclusive of non-Muslims. Sharia law is for the benefit of Muslim to Muslim civil disputes. Many people think that everything in the Quran is Sharia law, but this is not true. There is a difference between Sharia law, and the tenets of the religion. I cover, because it is a tenet of my religion. No one can make me cover. In Iran, Afghanistan, and a few other places, women are forced to cover by law. This is not Sharia law, this is a secular law that forces women to follow the tenets of Islam. It is also wrong to force someone to follow the tenets, because piety has to be by ones choice. If you are forced to commit sin, you are not held accountable for it. By the same token, if you are forced to follow the tenets of your religion against your will, you will not receive the blessings for being pious. If given the free choice, a person behaves piously, then they are truely pious and will reap blessings. It is also a commonly held agreement among the global Muslim population that there is no nation on earth that correctly institutes Islam in its laws, or policies, not even Iran or Saudi Arabia

Last edited:
Well, I'm out of here for a while. My husband is calling me to dinner, which he cooked while I played online with y'all. Mmmmm, sauted mushrooms!

Sharia Law mainly has to do with civil matters; marriage, adoption, divorce, finances, etc., and some criminal statutes.

The Constitution mainly concerns the limitations of government.

There is no reason that Sharia Law and the Constitution wouldn't be compatible. :cool:

Last edited:

Sharia Law mainly has to do with civil matters; marriage, adoption, divorce, finances, etc., and some criminal statutes.

There is no reason that Sharia Law and the Constitution wouldn't be compatible. :cool:

Got to love all the scriptural backing your brought with your assertion.
You muslim have some rational for the belief that believers and non believers can be equal from the Quran , hadith, tafsir ,fatwa,... some internet rant?

Actually, it is obligatory on Muslims to follow the law of the land in which they choose to live, and Sharia law, by its very nature, is non-inclusive of non-Muslims. Sharia law is for the benefit of Muslim to Muslim civil disputes. Many people think that everything in the Quran is Sharia law, but this is not true. There is a difference between Sharia law, and the tenets of the religion. I cover, because it is a tenet of my religion. No one can make me cover. In Iran, Afghanistan, and a few other places, women are forced to cover by law. This is not Sharia law, this is a secular law that forces women to follow the tenets of Islam. It is also wrong to force someone to follow the tenets, because piety has to be by ones choice. If you are forced to commit sin, you are not held accountable for it. By the same token, if you are forced to follow the tenets of your religion against your will, you will not receive the blessings for being pious. If given the free choice, a person behaves piously, then they are truely pious and will reap blessings. It is also a commonly held agreement among the global Muslim population that there is no nation on earth that correctly institutes Islam in its laws, or policies, not even Iran or Saudi Arabia

That is all generally correct.

Actually, it is obligatory on Muslims to follow the law of the land in which they choose to live, and Sharia law, by its very nature, is non-inclusive of non-Muslims.

We are going to put this aside for now and if you would try to keep your post to a minimum number of topics.

It is also a commonly held agreement among the global Muslim population that there is no nation on earth that correctly institutes Islam in its laws, or policies, not even Iran or Saudi Arabia
Not everyone is in agreement with your statement

You are here at the behest of someone to make things clear.Please don't cloud the issue by making a hash out of every post.

In Islam is there a call for a part of the community to command what is right and forbid what is wrong?
3:110
9:71
9:112

Have you heard or read that?

Last edited:

Got to love all the scriptural backing your brought with your assertion.
You muslim have some rational for the belief that believers and non believers can be equal from the Quran , hadith, tafsir ,fatwa,... some internet rant?
It's simple Mr. Fitnah.

There is Nothing in the Constitution that would be incompatible with Sharia Law. Period :cool:

Forum List

Back