The music of your childhood

o03585hfruz.jpg

x240-3NL.jpg

This song was my parent's song. When I was little my dad once pulled out the old 78 rpm suitcase phonograph and played a few "old" records (they were not that old in the late 1950's). Anyway one played was this song and I remember my mother saying it was their song and my dad (to be) would sing it to my mom (to be) while they dated. My mother was a natural blond and dad had jet black hair. I almost can picture them together in 1947 and seeming very much like the couple in this clip... The song is LINDA and was on a COLUMBIA RECORD. Oh --- and the song was was written about a baby who would one day become Linda McCartney.

I have no idea sadly. My parents put me in fostercare at 7.

I do remember Bewitched & Gomer Pyle & The Munsters.

My parents sucked lol.

The other thing I remember is being made to walk around the driveway & yard and picking up cigarette butts for one penny a piece.

Parents are overrated

This was what the music on the radio was like when I was a very little boy... Life seemed so beautiful then --- I wonder what went wrong?

My mom died when I was a baby.

My grandma loved this song and cried every time it played. She said it reminded her of my mom.

This song got released the year that I turned six and to this day I still love it so much.....I just wish now that I had continued to pay more attention to the lead singer of the song starting then, I love the late beautiful precious so much.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back