The Muppets attack Fox News

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
This is great. Watch the video.

Muppets vs. Fox News round 2: Miss Piggy says Fox News isn't news [Video] - latimes.com

The Muppets are finally striking back against a Fox News report in December that questioned whether the Jim Henson creations were brainwashing children with their liberal agenda.

At a press conference for their film "The Muppets" in London, Kermit and Miss Piggy finally had a chance to address the attack to reporters in person.

One reporter asked Kermit, "I've got to ask you how you felt when — I think it was Eric Bolling from Fox News said it was pushing a dangerous liberal agenda and trying to brainwash children."

Bolling had taken the Muppets to task for portraying a rich oil magnate (named Tex Richman) as the villain in their film and asking why, just once, oil businessmen couldn't be portrayed as valuable, upstanding members of society.

Kermit, in his traditionally tactful manner did his best to defuse the Fox News situation, replying, "I can tell you that's categorically not true. And besides, if we had a problem with oil companies, why would we have spent the entire film driving around in a gas-guzzling Rolls Royce?"

But Miss Piggy wasn't having it. "It's almost as laughable as accusing Fox News as, you know, being news," she said to great applause from the assembled journalists.

"Boy, that's gonna be all over the Internet. You are in such deep water," Kermit said.

Piggy, ever the blunt assessor of any situation responded, "Yeah. Yeah, if they take what I say seriously, they've got a real big problem."

Eric Bolling, the ball is now in your court.

After Piggie says "if they take what I say seriously, they have a real big problem".

Seriously it's a non-issue.

Whadda you call kermit fucking miss piggy?
frog log inna hog....

Whats green and smells like miss piggy?
KERMITS FINGER!!!

yes, I work on a UK Island, FOX news is pure humor to us over here. As it should be. FOX is not news, mostly (Shep Smith tries, he really does) entertainment.

After Piggie says "if they take what I say seriously, they have a real big problem".

Seriously it's a non-issue.

And yet, it appears that the left are taking Miss Piggy seriously. Go figure.

Well, she's a strong, powerful, popular, outspoken woman. You know the left has no problems with those...

sarah-palin-1-sized.jpg

oh, wait... never mind.

If the creators weren't trying to influence children about fox they wouldn't ever bring them up. Muppets and adult issues? Seriously? Naw, I see no intent there. /common sense

When I read this, I lol'd. Seriously, the Muppets are liberal propaganda indoctrinating small children???

Seriously, what goes on in someone's head to believe that?

yes, I work on a UK Island, FOX news is pure humor to us over here. As it should be. FOX is not news, mostly (Shep Smith tries, he really does) entertainment.

Like the BBC is not Biased, most of the UK papers are jokes as well.

Well, since the majority of its programming is not 'news' but 'comment', I find it humorous that you cannot tell the difference.

Oh, and Ascension is not a 'UK Island', it's a British Overseas Territory.

Last edited:
Well, she's a strong, powerful, popular, outspoken woman. You know the left has no problems with those...

sarah-palin-1-sized.jpg

oh, wait... never mind.

Ms. Piggy has never quit in the middle of a role.

yeah, like the left didn't vilify Palin prior to that :rolleyes: please.

And the right didn't vilify Hillary Clinton? Saying that the left bashed Palin just because she's a woman is just as ridiculous as saying the right bash H. Clinton just because she was a woman.

Forum List

Back