The Muppet Movie

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
What does it our say about our society that the new Muppet Movie is rated PG?
Who would have thought a parental guidance advisory would be attached to characters from Sesame Street?

only kermit was a sesame street character - and the movie is great

I'm sure the movie is great, but my question is more driven to WHY a movie that you would have thought was made for children, is in reality made for adults. It almost seems to be that it points to a generation unwilling to give up the magic of childhood.

i've always thought of the muppets as 'family' entertainment - in other words not just for kids.

and there are a few things in the movie - mild violence, "fart shoes", etc. that i suppose might warrant a pg. pg ratings though - just about everything gets at least that these days. G is almost unheard of.

I hadn't thought of it the way the OP stated.
Never been a fan of the Muppets, so I am certain I won't be interested in seeing the movie......but I reckon because the dumbass things are hand puppets...or puppets moved by attached sticks, they would seem to be child-like...more geared towards children~
But then....I do recall seeing bits and pieces of the show years back, and I seem to remember Miss Piggy trying to jump Kermit's bones all the time....amirite?? ~LoL~
Horny little pig she was.....so, maybe that's why the PG rating too~

Forum List

Back