The Movie, "Dodgeball", Disappointing Ending.

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
Well, I'll tell yah why folks.

I'm laughing up a storm at this movie, and right at the end, the sweet girl that the good guy is supposed to get, ends up placing a big juicy kiss on another women, and says that all is ok, I'm just bi-sexual. So the hero is happy that he still gets the girl, but she's bi-sexual and not a Lesbian. That makes the movie ending alright I guess, but I was disappointed. I just wanted to have some laughs, and I was, but the ending seemed to change something for me. Seem's like Hollywood tries to inject this new P.C. lifestyle into everything. Well, if I was a father of younger kids, I would be rather embarrassed to play this movie in front of my kids. My wife had the same reaction as I.

Well, that's my opinion.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

Eightball said:
Well, I'll tell yah why folks.

I'm laughing up a storm at this movie, and right at the end, the sweet girl that the good guy is supposed to get, ends up placing a big juicy kiss on another women, and says that all is ok, I'm just bi-sexual. So the hero is happy that he still gets the girl, but she's bi-sexual and not a Lesbian. That makes the movie ending alright I guess, but I was disappointed. I just wanted to have some laughs, and I was, but the ending seemed to change something for me. Seem's like Hollywood tries to inject this new P.C. lifestyle into everything. Well, if I was a father of younger kids, I would be rather embarrassed to play this movie in front of my kids. My wife had the same reaction as I.

Well, that's my opinion.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

I agree - as cool as it was to see her make-out with that other chick...it was uneccessary :(

-=d=- said:
I agree - as cool as it was to see her make-out with that other chick...it was uneccessary :(
yes it was, i think every movies should have some gratuitous (sp) female on female shots. but thats jsut me :kiss2:

It just seems that Hollywood is always trying to sneek in a covert or overt political, or ethical statement nowadays.

In all seriousness, sexual identity is becoming a skewed thing in society. We've got people forcing the courts to redefine marriage, cross-dressers in high schools, gay clubs in high schools,..........you name it.

You send your little one out into the world or the care of the Public School system, where they're roughly 5 years old, and you hope with all your being, that the system will atleast defend or support the ethics that you have tried to teach within the home. When I say defend or support, I probably mean that the system would be better off to stay, "mum". I'm not talking separation of church and state, but just be respectful of the values that my child has received from home, as long as those values aren't anti-social or disruptive to other children.

If I teach my child that marriage is male/female at home, I would like that to be supported, by the system not getting into the ethics end of education. Leave that to the parents.

Hollywood does have an agenda with much of it's product. I know that I don't have to watch a movie. No one's forcing me, but this twisted ending to Dodgeball, was something that left a bad taste in my mouth, and caught me by surprise.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket :)

do what i do vote with you wallet....no sheckles for assholes

PS i save all my junk mail and send to to michael moore

I just watched it for the first time tonight!

I have to agree, I was disappointed that only one of the girls was bi. I mean, it would have been cool if her girlfriend also came up and offered a menage-a-troi right there and then.

I was left wondering if 'our hero' would have to compete against the girlfriend in the future or whether he'd end up with both. I hate unresolved issues like that! :tng:

Forum List

Back