The Movie "Black Panther"

Do you guys know who these guys are?

th
one is stan lee.the other i believe is jack kirby....

dam all these people upset about the Panther getting his own movie.....do they realize that on TV on the CW DC's first black super hero now has his own TV show....Black Lightning......
Netflix has a series called "Luke Cage" that's supposed to be good too. On my list.
Its really good. They need more episodes though. Netflix stopped making them for some reason.
just 13 Asc.....he is part of the big 4 Daredevil,Jessica Jones Iron Fist and Luke.....he was introduced in Jessica Jones and then they all teamed up for 8 episodes of the Defenders....
Huh? This all must be newer stuff. I remember the Daredevil but not the others. Is Defenders on Netflix?
they all are......

I think the choice of names was a bit of a slap in the face to some. Can anyone think of any "white" super heroes that used the name of a racist white militant group AFTER the 1960's ?

But I plan to watch it ....when it comes to Netflix.

The comic book character predates the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense by a few years.
nope both 1966....the panther was earlier and Stan Lee said at that time he never heard about the panther organization....his panther was named after a character in a pulp magazine......

There was actually a character in a Western Comic.

28058451_10155920637265180_5382255519641889125_n.jpg

dam all these people upset about the Panther getting his own movie.....do they realize that on TV on the CW DC's first black super hero now has his own TV show....Black Lightning......
Netflix has a series called "Luke Cage" that's supposed to be good too. On my list.
Its really good. They need more episodes though. Netflix stopped making them for some reason.
just 13 Asc.....he is part of the big 4 Daredevil,Jessica Jones Iron Fist and Luke.....he was introduced in Jessica Jones and then they all teamed up for 8 episodes of the Defenders....
Huh? This all must be newer stuff. I remember the Daredevil but not the others. Is Defenders on Netflix?
yes

I think the choice of names was a bit of a slap in the face to some. Can anyone think of any "white" super heroes that used the name of a racist white militant group AFTER the 1960's ?

The comic book character predates the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense by a few years.
nope both 1966....the panther was earlier and Stan Lee said at that time he never heard about the panther organization....his panther was named after a character in a pulp magazine......

That's the same Black Panther as the movie, not an earlier one.

Stan Lee wrote Two-Gun Kid, too.

that was another Lee/Kirby comic....i used to read him along with Kid Colt Outlaw and the Rawhide Kid....

That issue came out in 1965.

Two-Gun Kid #77 - The Panther Will Get You If You Don't Watch Out! (Issue)

The Black Panther debuted in the Fantastic Four #52 in 1966.

$90,000 Record Sale For First Appearance Of The Black Panther, Fantastic Four #52 - Bleeding Cool News And Rumors

that was another Lee/Kirby comic....i used to read him along with Kid Colt Outlaw and the Rawhide Kid....

Yeah but though it may have inspired the Black Panther, it isn't him.

no its not....this one has no enhanced ability and he was a white guy under the mask....

That issue came out in 1965.

Two-Gun Kid #77 - The Panther Will Get You If You Don't Watch Out! (Issue)

The Black Panther debuted in the Fantastic Four #52 in 1966.

$90,000 Record Sale For First Appearance Of The Black Panther, Fantastic Four #52 - Bleeding Cool News And Rumors

Point conceded.

But that comic was still also written by Lee and Kirby, and therefore not the "inspiration" for Black Panther.

no its not....this one has no enhanced ability and he was a white guy under the mask....

Fair enough. Still a Lee/Kirby creation, though.

We watched it....I didn't see what the big deal about it was. Hard to follow and boring but it was free on BitTorrent
Going this weekend. I doubt it will live up to the ridiculous hype though.

I suggest Darkest Hour. Really good movie
I heard that movie sucked donkey ass?

Hmm 86% on Rotten Tomatoes vs Black Panthers 96%

You'd know about sucking donkey ass. Now run along and bother someone who gives a shit.

Forum List

Back