The Movie "Black Panther"

In Regard to the new Movie "Black Panther"
Why is an all-Black movie supposed to be a victory for diversity?
And what was the reason for the Blacks to get so ANGRY, and getting their panties in a wad about a year ago when no Blacks were nominated for Academy Awards? Why were they so pissed when the nominees were all white?
Growing up I loved watching Superhero shows and movies, but I never questioned anything about race at all.
And as I was growing up I watched Sanford and Son, the Jefferson’s etc and never felt like Whites were being excluded.
Today we have a Black History Month, Black News, Black Entertainment Stations, Black Police Organizations, All Black Magazines, A Congressional Black Caucus, and I DO question that? I’m sure that if the above were reversed, there would be hell to be reckoned with.
I heard it is a purely racist movie

:lol:

Is that what you heard?

I wonder where you "heard" that.
There are no American Indians in the movie… That does make it racist right?

Who told you that?
www.lakotacountrytimes.com | Lakota Country Times

And this guy...

Nothing on that link about it.

dam all these people upset about the Panther getting his own movie.....do they realize that on TV on the CW DC's first black super hero now has his own TV show....Black Lightning......
Netflix has a series called "Luke Cage" that's supposed to be good too. On my list.
Its really good. They need more episodes though. Netflix stopped making them for some reason.

Is that what you heard?

Who told you that?

And this guy...

Did you watch the guy in the video? Obviously not… He has tons of credibility when it comes to American Indians.

Is that what you heard?

Who told you that?

And this guy...

Did you watch the guy in the video? Obviously not… He has tons of credibility when it comes to American Indians.

Sure did. He didnt say anything about it either.

Is that what you heard?

Who told you that?

And this guy...

See: This guy is really upset about it too, that there is no American Indians in that dang racist superhero movie…

Who told you that?

And this guy...

This is really pissed about no American Indian superheroes…

dam all these people upset about the Panther getting his own movie.....do they realize that on TV on the CW DC's first black super hero now has his own TV show....Black Lightning......
Netflix has a series called "Luke Cage" that's supposed to be good too. On my list.
Its really good. They need more episodes though. Netflix stopped making them for some reason.
Luke Cage was fucking awful! As terrible as The Iron Fist was, it was still better than Luke Cage.

If you want to watch a good Marvel show, The Punisher is easilly the best one ever. Dare Devil was good too. Dont waste your time with Luke Cage.

I think the choice of names was a bit of a slap in the face to some. Can anyone think of any "white" super heroes that used the name of a racist white militant group AFTER the 1960's ?

But I plan to watch it ....when it comes to Netflix.

The movie is centered in a country in the middle of Africa. Did you expect it to be full of White people? Also it is a fucking comic book movie... why are people taking things so seriously?

I once saw a movie about Abraham Lincoln hunting vampires... was there a thread complaining about that?

just 13 Asc.....he is part of the big 4 Daredevil,Jessica Jones Iron Fist and Luke.....he was introduced in Jessica Jones and then they all teamed up for 8 episodes of the Defenders....

I think the choice of names was a bit of a slap in the face to some. Can anyone think of any "white" super heroes that used the name of a racist white militant group AFTER the 1960's ?

The comic book character predates the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense by a few years.

It isn't named after the Black Militant group. It is named after the animal, which is the spirit animal protector of the royal family.

This is really pissed about no American Indian superheroes…

he is wrong......there are a bunch....

Luke Cage was fucking awful! As terrible as The Iron Fist was, it was still better than Luke Cage.

If you want to watch a good Marvel show, The Punisher is easilly the best one ever. Dare Devil was good too. Dont waste your time with Luke Cage.
it wasnt fucking awful....just to much story.....

It isn't named after the Black Militant group. It is named after the animal, which is the spirit animal protector of the royal family.
Even if it was named after the Oakland group there shouldnt be an issue. They were about self defense and community uplifting.

The comic book character predates the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense by a few years.
nope both 1966....the panther was earlier and Stan Lee said at that time he never heard about the panther organization....his panther was named after a character in a pulp magazine......

It only predates the Oakland group by about 3 or 4 months I think. There was another Black Panther Party a year before that though and thats where the Oakland group got its name and emblem.

Lowndes County Freedom Party (LCFP) - SNCC Digital Gateway

Do you guys know who these guys are?

th

just 13 Asc.....he is part of the big 4 Daredevil,Jessica Jones Iron Fist and Luke.....he was introduced in Jessica Jones and then they all teamed up for 8 episodes of the Defenders....
Huh? This all must be newer stuff. I remember the Daredevil but not the others. Is Defenders on Netflix?

Forum List

Back