The most racist state

Of the 30 states I have visited, I think Georgia is the most racist.

Parts mebbe, not the whole state. Atlanta is one of the least racist cities in the US, IMO.

Half the African-American population of California and the East Coast moved to Atlanta.

Most Blacks think along racial lines 24/7. 95 percent voted for Obama.

That means they're racist in many aspects including picking their government representation.

It is not racist to vote for the person you think will most likely advance your interests, mudwhistle. Isn't that how you choose a candidate?

It is not racist to vote for the person you think will most likely advance your interests, mudwhistle. Isn't that how you choose a candidate?
I don't vote by who I think will most likely advance my interests, I vote who I think will most likely advance Americas interests.

The ethnicity of most Hawaiian residents is mixed. Most marriages take place between people of different "races" and a "pure Hawaiian" person is a very rare in Hawaii these days.

All in less than 60 years.

Actually, Hawaii is mostly Asian, and becoming more so every year.

Is it true that Hawaii is the most racist American state, given that the Aboriginal peoples hate both Blacks and Whites equally, allegedly?

"Aboriginal"?

Having lived in Louisiana, Georgia, and Hawaii for extended periods of time, I would contend that Hawaii doesn't have a racism problem. There is no majority ethnic group in Hawaii.

I do think the Hawaii'ans do get away with some bigotry (i.e.: referring to white people as "haoles" which they insist is not pejorative, but I have my doubts about that), having special state schools that are only for Hawaiians and de facto claiming certain parts of the Island as "Hawaiian only". You can go there, but you'll get a beat down.

Luckily it's Waianae (on Oahu) which is a shit hole anyways.

Things are more laid back on the other islands. I never ran into any hostility on the Big Island.

Me ether...nor on Maui. I think most of the racism comes from Samoans.

Parts mebbe, not the whole state. Atlanta is one of the least racist cities in the US, IMO.

Half the African-American population of California and the East Coast moved to Atlanta.

That means they're racist in many aspects including picking their government representation.

Yes....but color is not a consideration....where as with Blacks it's number one.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Racism runs deep & wide in Atlanta, GA.

They are so racist that Gwinnett & Cobb Counties wanted their own transportation & rail system to keep the high crime blacks out of their counties. Atlanta's rail system is acronym name MARTA. People in the suburbs say it stands for (Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta). They claim that in summer that blacks camp-out & sleep on the air-conditioned transit cars to escape the heat. Racism seems to creep into discussions with nearly everyone I have meet in Atlanta. Even their US Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney went off & accused a security guard at the US Capital Building of being racist because he asked to see her ID. Also USMB members from Atlanta such as MarcATL are the most racist on this USMB.

I even recall the times I went golfing at Cannongate in Peachtree City, GA. Located in Fayette County, GA just south-east of Atlanta. (I'm told Fayette is the richest county in Georgia). Years ago when Boxing's Heavyweight Champion Evander Holyfield bought his 235 acre spread there in Fayette County, GA & built his $10 million home on it, the residents were complaining about there goes the neighborhood. The damn low-life ******* are moving in now. They were going off about how he bought places next door for his mother, ex-wife & posse. Now other rich black professionals are moving in. It was almost funny in a way because nearly all the people complaining were not even millionaires themselves yet. Even though these white people made big money & spent lavishly they were in debt themselves. Of course Evander Holyfield has been in foreclosure a couple of times & missed a few child support payments.

Yes....but color is not a consideration....where as with Blacks it's number one.

Well, not that we can peer into anyone else's mind, mudwhistle, but you likely see 90% of other people as white, and find that "normal". If you were black and successful, this number likely would not change, but would probably make you slightly anxious. Racism is the background noise in a black American's life in ways it is hardly possible for a white American to appreciate.

most of my grade-school years in Hawaii, going to school outside Honolulu. Most of my classmates were asian. The teachers were asian.

Very few blacks.

At any rate, I've been back twice as an adult.

If there was any racism, I really don't notice, but I can easily see why mainlander caucasians would feel odd in the minority.

I've been in around or thru every nook and cranny of the continental United States and BADlanta is in the top ten places you couldn't pay me enough to live in.

1. NYC
2. L.A.
3. Washington D.C.
4. Boston
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. Connecticut
8. Detroit
9. Atlanta
10. Birmingham

Last edited:
I've been in around or thru every nook and cranny of the continental United States and BADlanta is in the top ten places you couldn't pay me enough to live in.

1. NYC
2. L.A.
3. Washington D.C.
4. Boston
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. Connecticut
8. Detroit
9. Atlanta
10. Birmingham

Detroit has nice places in it. New York's crime rate is extremely low. DC has a wealthy side. and what's wrong with Philly?

1. NYC
2. L.A.
3. Washington D.C.
4. Boston
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. Connecticut
8. Detroit
9. Atlanta
10. Birmingham

I have not been to Connecticut yet but the others I agree with. I was in NYC during that trash collectors strike in the 1980's. It was the nastiest city I have ever seen by far. I do not know how people can stand to live there or how they make that place look like it does on TV. Philly & Detroit are shit-holes.

Last edited:

1. NYC
2. L.A.
3. Washington D.C.
4. Boston
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. Connecticut
8. Detroit
9. Atlanta
10. Birmingham

Detroit has nice places in it. New York's crime rate is extremely low. DC has a wealthy side. and what's wrong with Philly?

Mostly too many people right on top of one another.

Terrible traffic.

Folks only look at you long enough to determine that you're not likely to attack them...then avoid eye contact at all costs.

There is nowhere that you can just be alone in an open space...I could never get used to that.

And the people in those northern cities just aren't generally all that friendly...especially if you speak with a southern accent like mine. Philadelphia, Boston and NYC/Connecticut/NJ and the worst offenders when it comes to Yankee-centricism.

Somehow I left NJ of my list...it is number 0. I've was mugged twice, robbed and had my truck vandalized in Edison, Hackensack, Trenton and Teaneck, respectively.

Baltimore, Washington, Birmingham and Altanta are just downright dangerous, at least the parts on town I go to.

Detroit is also on the downright dangerous list, plus the city is falling apart.

Milwaukee, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Louisville, Memphis, New Orleans, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Knoxville, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa, OKC...great cities.

Best cities in the nation, in my humble opinion.

1. Mobile, number one, no doubt about it.

2. Little Rock.

3. Chicago

4. Salt Lake City.

5. Wichita.

6. Miami.

7. Charleston.

8. Omaha.

9. Fargo.

10. Jacksonville.

You've got to keep in mind, I've see these cities by truck, not as a tourist. The business and warehouse districts are usually in the worst part of town. So that's the perspective I have to judge from, what cities have the best of the worst.

Last edited:
I do ♥ Jacksonville.

I understand what you mean about northerners not making eye contact, Missourian, but it is just adaptive behavior. These are crowded cities, and the folksey greetings southerners give strangers on the street would freak anyone out if they got them a million times a day. People are pretty much people anywhere.

I also don't care all that much for NJ. It has some beautiful areas but most of it is just not a place I'd choose to live.

Miami and Chicago are both first market cities, IMO. I'd never consider living in either one unless I was extremely rich, because life for middle class people there is just way too hard.

1. NYC
2. L.A.
3. Washington D.C.
4. Boston
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. Connecticut
8. Detroit
9. Atlanta
10. Birmingham

I have not been to Connecticut yet but the others I agree with. I was in NYC during that trash collectors strike in the 1980's. It was the nastiest city I have ever seen by far. I do not know how people can stand to live there or how they make that place look like it does on TV. Philly & Detroit are shit-holes.

Philly scared me in ways Detroit never did. I did not live there, and so mebbe I just was freaked because I felt vulnerable -- I dunno. But I thought if I had to stay another week, I'd likely die.

1. NYC
2. L.A.
3. Washington D.C.
4. Boston
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. Connecticut
8. Detroit
9. Atlanta
10. Birmingham

NYC has cleaned up a lot since the 80's, but it is still the only city in America where I've had a car pass me by driving down the sidewalk.

Philly is still terrible, Pittsburgh too, but folks in general are much friendlier in Pittsburgh.

Forum List

Back