The most racist state

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
Is it true that Hawaii is the most racist American state, given that the Aboriginal peoples hate both Blacks and Whites equally, allegedly?

Hawaii has a unique history, roomy. It was a kingdom when the US acquired it as a territory, and when the US made Hawaii a state in 1959, there was a mass death among Native people in sorrow over their loss. There was a distinctive group of "real" Hawaiians, with roots in the islands, a shared culture and a language that are all but gone now.

Before I was born, my parents spent a year in Hawaii as teachers. I have photos of the grass hut they lived in, and their students are beautiful little kids who are distinctly Hawaiian looking -- but if you visited the islands today, you'd be hard-pressed to find such people. I have photos of my folks on Diamond Head beach and there are no buildings, no lights, no people except them....when you compare that to the noxious Las Vegas style development that has gone on since that time, it is soul crushing.

I have never been there, but these are changes that took place during my lifetime. Doubtless, there are Hawaiians my age who remember them with great bitterness. Some Native people seek recognition from the US as a nation such as other tribes like the Cherokee have been granted, while others seek independence for Hawaii. Whatever happens, the US virtually obliterated an entire race of people in one generation -- and that injury is doubtless deeply resented.

Hawaiians - History, European settlement in the hawaiian islands, U.s. involvement in the hawaiian islands

The ethnicity of most Hawaiian residents is mixed. Most marriages take place between people of different "races" and a "pure Hawaiian" person is a very rare in Hawaii these days.

All in less than 60 years.

My Uncle is 100% Hawaiian. Most of his family is Hawaiian & Hawaiian Filipino. They all love the way the USA increased their wealth & lifestyles since we took them as a State. They know of no Hawaiians that want to go back to the old days of grass huts. Many Hawaiians have become millionaires from land developments, jobs & tourism there.

My Hawaiian Uncle married my white Auntie back in the 60s. They & their children moved here to the mainland in the 80s & love it here. We used to hunt & fish every weekend on his farm here. His only problem was his daughters are beautiful & horny. Many horny American boys tried to get into their pants. Now they are all married off & life is good. Someone is just trying to agitate Hawaiian sovereignty & racism for personal gain.

Last edited:
My Uncle is 100% Hawaiian. Most of his family is Hawaiian & Hawaiian Filipino. They all love the way the USA increased their wealth & lifestyles since we took them as a State. They know of no Hawaiians that want to go back to the old days of grass huts. Many Hawaiians have become millionaires from land developments, jobs & tourism there.

Someone is just trying to agitate Hawaiian sovereignty & racism for personal gain.

I bow to your better knowledge, KissMy. Still, I think the development in Hawaii has been an environmental insult.

There are a multitude of reports of racism of vaying degree in Hawaii by Hawaiians mostly toward non Hawaiians living on the Islands but also against holidaymakers.

I've lived and worked in a lot of US states - not Hawaii - but of all the places I've lived (excluding Paris and Lyon), Detroit is the most racist place.

They lived in paradise.

Then the White men came and our diseases ravaged their population and destroyed their way of life.

Eventually, Americans imprisoned their queen and kept her under house arrest the rest of her life as we took over control and possession of the Islands.

Gee...what's not to like about that for the original Hawaiians?

Hawaii has a unique history, roomy. It was a kingdom when the US acquired it as a territory, and when the US made Hawaii a state in 1959, there was a mass death among Native people in sorrow over their loss. There was a distinctive group of "real" Hawaiians, with roots in the islands, a shared culture and a language that are all but gone now.

Before I was born, my parents spent a year in Hawaii as teachers. I have photos of the grass hut they lived in, and their students are beautiful little kids who are distinctly Hawaiian looking -- but if you visited the islands today, you'd be hard-pressed to find such people. I have photos of my folks on Diamond Head beach and there are no buildings, no lights, no people except them....when you compare that to the noxious Las Vegas style development that has gone on since that time, it is soul crushing.

I have never been there, but these are changes that took place during my lifetime. Doubtless, there are Hawaiians my age who remember them with great bitterness. Some Native people seek recognition from the US as a nation such as other tribes like the Cherokee have been granted, while others seek independence for Hawaii. Whatever happens, the US virtually obliterated an entire race of people in one generation -- and that injury is doubtless deeply resented.

Hawaiians - History, European settlement in the hawaiian islands, U.s. involvement in the hawaiian islands

The primary reason there are so few pure Hawaiians is because they have mixed with so many other races. Samoan, Japanese, Chinese, African, Caucasian,....etc.

I lived there. Some of what you say is true but it wasn't some evil white culture that destroyed a pristine and perfect society. Hawaiians have advantages now that they didn't have before when they lived in grass huts. They no longer face possible starvation and annihilation.

I guess it's nice to think of the peace they must have experienced before we came along but if you know about King Kamayama, the butchering of thousands of Hawaiians, the forcing of entire armies off the cliffs of Pali....you wouldn't be so angry at the US.

Attachments

• $east-pali-lookout.jpg
    $east-pali-lookout.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thankies, mudwhistle. Doubtless it is much more nuanced than I realize. BTW, I cannot imagine anyone suggesting Hawaii is crawling with racists.

Seems to me that "honor" still belongs to Mississippi, and even that I think is unfair on them.

Is it true that Hawaii is the most racist American state, given that the Aboriginal peoples hate both Blacks and Whites equally, allegedly?

"Aboriginal"?

Having lived in Louisiana, Georgia, and Hawaii for extended periods of time, I would contend that Hawaii doesn't have a racism problem. There is no majority ethnic group in Hawaii.

I do think the Hawaii'ans do get away with some bigotry (i.e.: referring to white people as "haoles" which they insist is not pejorative, but I have my doubts about that), having special state schools that are only for Hawaiians and de facto claiming certain parts of the Island as "Hawaiian only". You can go there, but you'll get a beat down.

Luckily it's Waianae (on Oahu) which is a shit hole anyways.

Things are more laid back on the other islands. I never ran into any hostility on the Big Island.

Last edited:
Of the 30 states I have visited, I think Georgia is the most racist.

Parts mebbe, not the whole state. Atlanta is one of the least racist cities in the US, IMO.

Half the African-American population of California and the East Coast ether want to or already has moved to Atlanta.

Most Blacks think along racial lines 24/7. 95 percent voted for Obama.

That means they're racist in many aspects including picking their government representation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back