The most racist state

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roomy, Nov 21, 2010.

1. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Is it true that Hawaii is the most racist American state, given that the Aboriginal peoples hate both Blacks and Whites equally, allegedly?

2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Hawaii has a unique history, roomy. It was a kingdom when the US acquired it as a territory, and when the US made Hawaii a state in 1959, there was a mass death among Native people in sorrow over their loss. There was a distinctive group of "real" Hawaiians, with roots in the islands, a shared culture and a language that are all but gone now.

Before I was born, my parents spent a year in Hawaii as teachers. I have photos of the grass hut they lived in, and their students are beautiful little kids who are distinctly Hawaiian looking -- but if you visited the islands today, you'd be hard-pressed to find such people. I have photos of my folks on Diamond Head beach and there are no buildings, no lights, no people except them....when you compare that to the noxious Las Vegas style development that has gone on since that time, it is soul crushing.

I have never been there, but these are changes that took place during my lifetime. Doubtless, there are Hawaiians my age who remember them with great bitterness. Some Native people seek recognition from the US as a nation such as other tribes like the Cherokee have been granted, while others seek independence for Hawaii. Whatever happens, the US virtually obliterated an entire race of people in one generation -- and that injury is doubtless deeply resented.

Hawaiians - History, European settlement in the hawaiian islands, U.s. involvement in the hawaiian islands

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,228
    I thought Hawaii was full of Chinese and Japanese people these days..

And Newcastle lost to Bolton..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    it is.

5. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    The ethnicity of most Hawaiian residents is mixed. Most marriages take place between people of different "races" and a "pure Hawaiian" person is a very rare in Hawaii these days.

All in less than 60 years.

6. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    My Uncle is 100% Hawaiian. Most of his family is Hawaiian & Hawaiian Filipino. They all love the way the USA increased their wealth & lifestyles since we took them as a State. They know of no Hawaiians that want to go back to the old days of grass huts. Many Hawaiians have become millionaires from land developments, jobs & tourism there.

My Hawaiian Uncle married my white Auntie back in the 60s. They & their children moved here to the mainland in the 80s & love it here. We used to hunt & fish every weekend on his farm here. His only problem was his daughters are beautiful & horny. Many horny American boys tried to get into their pants. Now they are all married off & life is good. Someone is just trying to agitate Hawaiian sovereignty & racism for personal gain.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I bow to your better knowledge, KissMy. Still, I think the development in Hawaii has been an environmental insult.

8. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    There are a multitude of reports of racism of vaying degree in Hawaii by Hawaiians mostly toward non Hawaiians living on the Islands but also against holidaymakers.

9. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I've lived and worked in a lot of US states - not Hawaii - but of all the places I've lived (excluding Paris and Lyon), Detroit is the most racist place.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    They lived in paradise.

Then the White men came and our diseases ravaged their population and destroyed their way of life.

Eventually, Americans imprisoned their queen and kept her under house arrest the rest of her life as we took over control and possession of the Islands.

Gee...what's not to like about that for the original Hawaiians?