The Most Professionally Crafted Tax Lie in History

Discussion in 'Media' started by edthecynic, Apr 8, 2010.

1. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
    Samuel Butler

April 7, 2010
    RUSH: What are they so afraid of, why do they have to wipe out Reaganism? Top marginal tax rate in 1981, Reagan takes office, 70%. Total take to the Treasury then, $500 billion. Reagan leaves office in 1989. Top marginal tax rate, 28%, dropped from 70. Total take to the Treasury, almost a trillion dollars. Cutting tax rates from 70%, that was a top marginal rate at the time, down to 28% doubled revenues. We know how to increase revenue. That's not their objective with taxation. The regime doesn't care about raising revenue with taxation. No, no, no.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2002/12/~/media/Images/Reports/B_1544_Chart_1lg_4/taxcuts2002.ashx

[​IMG]

EDTHECYNIC: As the extremist right wing Heritage Foundation chart shows, revenue declines as a result of Reagan's tax cuts leading to the Reagan Recession of 1982 1983. Reagan followed his one tax cut with 8 tax increases in 6 years and revenue grows substantially!!!

If you notice, the professional CON$ervative liars always leave out Reagan's 8 tax increases as well as the decline in revenue AFTER Reagan's tax cut and BEFORE Reagan's 8 tax increases. And what is carefully left out shows premeditation and the intent to deceive.

This is one of the most professionally crafted lies in history. It is a perfect example of the CON$ervative technique of lying to your level of ignorance.

The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way.
    Samuel Butler

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. edthecynic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    Crickets!

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    maybe there's a support group for people like you who are obsessed with fat assholes on the radio. check your yellow pages, i guess.

:eusa_shhh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    I personally don't give a flying fuck if government revenues go up or down.

I want to keep more of my own money so i can secure my and my family's financial future. The best way to do that is to surgically remove government from our lives as much as possible.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. edthecynic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    Actually, the original source of that professionally crafted lie is the extremist Heritage Foundation think tank. Stuttering LimpTard is merely parroting his GOP script. You could go to any CON$ervoFascist source and find the exact same lie repeated ad nauseam.

6. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,569
    The bigger picture is that Reagan preached this same removal of Government from our lives, and gassed up his peoples, yet he grew the Government and also raised taxes. Facts are a bitch. All politicians are scummy.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    Haven't I been saying this all along?

We are on the insanity plan:

We do the same thing over and over (electing Dimocrats and Repudlicans) and yet we expect a result other than bigger, more expensive more intrusive government.

Insane.

8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863

:lol:

9. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I was totally expecting this to be an expose on how the Bush tax cuts actually helped out the poor, as a percentage of income, the most.

Poor Ed, your smart but way to wound up about certain things and it clouds your judgement and logic.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Is Buddy Holly with them?