The most predictable introduction ever.

Sadie (D-MD)

Rookie
Aug 4, 2016
Bethesda
Valar morghulis.

Sooo... I'm not going to shock anyone with this introduction. My name is Sadie, I'm from Maryland, and I'm a registered Democrat (you don't say).
I work in international development consulting in the DC area. I guess I'm originally from HoCo but lived most of my life in MoCo (Montgomery County if you're not familiar with the DMV.)

I'm a millennial of the DC metro area, politically active, and a strong liberal. I somewhat volunteered for Jamie Raskin campaign. I've been known to listen to NPR while driving a Prius to a Bethesda Wholefoods to pick up fair-trade coffee and organic kale. The only MoCo thing I'm missing is a Mercedes with a Hillary sticker and a crab decal. (I voted for Bernie anyway).

That all being said, I look forward to posting here and I hope that it's a community of diverse opinions and void of trolls. I rarely get the opportunity to hear opposing views in my line of work/neck of the woods, and when I do, it's usually either trolling, verbatim repetition of slogans, or thoughts generated out of complete nihilism. I am looking for well thought-out arguments from all sides and serious discussion of actual policy (although I do see sections where we can have a bit of fun :)) so conservatives,please bring me your A-game!

I am much more receptive (though rarely swayed) by fiscal conservative, small government arguments. Social conservatism, in which the government regulates morality, is a foreign concept to me.

So there you go.

:welcome: We know who you are... We know where you live... We know how you think... BEWARE!!!

upload_2016-8-4_22-8-34.png

Valar morghulis.

Sooo... I'm not going to shock anyone with this introduction. My name is Sadie, I'm from Maryland, and I'm a registered Democrat (you don't say).
I work in international development consulting in the DC area. I guess I'm originally from HoCo but lived most of my life in MoCo (Montgomery County if you're not familiar with the DMV.)

I'm a millennial of the DC metro area, politically active, and a strong liberal. I somewhat volunteered for Jamie Raskin campaign. I've been known to listen to NPR while driving a Prius to a Bethesda Wholefoods to pick up fair-trade coffee and organic kale. The only MoCo thing I'm missing is a Mercedes with a Hillary sticker and a crab decal. (I voted for Bernie anyway).

That all being said, I look forward to posting here and I hope that it's a community of diverse opinions and void of trolls. I rarely get the opportunity to hear opposing views in my line of work/neck of the woods, and when I do, it's usually either trolling, verbatim repetition of slogans, or thoughts generated out of complete nihilism. I am looking for well thought-out arguments from all sides and serious discussion of actual policy (although I do see sections where we can have a bit of fun :)) so conservatives,please bring me your A-game!

I am much more receptive (though rarely swayed) by fiscal conservative, small government arguments. Social conservatism, in which the government regulates morality, is a foreign concept to me.

So there you go.

" I've been known to listen to NPR while driving a Prius to a Bethesda Wholefoods to pick up fair-trade coffee and organic kale."

By whom have you been known?

Valar morghulis.

So there you go.

Welcome aboard Sadie!

Remember:
  • Jake isn't really a Republican
  • Tigerred slips in and out of character
  • There's still a 50/50 chance Hillary drops out before November

Valar morghulis.

So there you go.

Glad to meet a fellow Bernie fan :)! I'm not American, so I can't vote, but if I could, I'd probably vote for Jill Stein. After everything I've heard the DNC and Hillary did to get her elected, just the thought of supporting Hillary as the best candidate makes me nautious and I've never been able to do this 'strategy voting' thing (they really should make ranked ballots a reality in North America). As to your hope of a community devoid of trolls, as Dekster said, good luck finding that, laugh :). Best you can do is to not feed them and they'll tend to leave you alone ;-).

Forum List

Back