: The most important question you can ask about religion: Why wont god heal amputees?

""I never said amputees are not deserving, (though I believe no one is deserving).""

you fail to see the contradiction in that one sentence?

"No matter how many people pray, no matter how often they pray, no matter how sincerely they pray, no matter how worthy the prayer, nothing ever happens. If we pray for anything that is impossible -- for example, regenerating an amputated limb or moving Mt. Everest to Newark, NJ -- it never happens. We all know that.

If we pray for anything that is possible, the results of the prayer will unfold in exact accord with the normal laws of probability.

In every situation where we statistically analyze the effects of prayers, looking at both the success AND the failure of prayer, we find that prayer has zero effect.

Prayers for amputees never work. Medical prayers never work. Prayers for "good people" never work. Battlefield prayers never work. That happens, always, because God is imaginary.

Every time a Christian says, "The Lord answered my prayer," what we are seeing instead is a simple coincidence or the natural effects of self-talk.

Christians never discuss failed prayers, but if we look at all the prayers that fail as well as the prayers that work, a statistical analysis proves that God does not answer prayers."

""I never said amputees are not deserving, (though I believe no one is deserving).""

you fail to see the contradiction in that one sentence?

I have already discussed this with you. You fail to see what I mean thus think there is a contradiction. Same as when people try to make it look like there are contradictions in the Bible. They fail to realize the true meaning of what they are reading. But oh well, this will just keep going back and forth so I will not go any further with you on this.

"No matter how many people pray, no matter how often they pray, no matter how sincerely they pray, no matter how worthy the prayer, nothing ever happens. If we pray for anything that is impossible -- for example, regenerating an amputated limb or moving Mt. Everest to Newark, NJ -- it never happens. We all know that.

If we pray for anything that is possible, the results of the prayer will unfold in exact accord with the normal laws of probability.

In every situation where we statistically analyze the effects of prayers, looking at both the success AND the failure of prayer, we find that prayer has zero effect.

Prayers for amputees never work. Medical prayers never work. Prayers for "good people" never work. Battlefield prayers never work. That happens, always, because God is imaginary.

Every time a Christian says, "The Lord answered my prayer," what we are seeing instead is a simple coincidence or the natural effects of self-talk.

Christians never discuss failed prayers, but if we look at all the prayers that fail as well as the prayers that work, a statistical analysis proves that God does not answer prayers."

I have discussed failed prayers before. If a prayer fails it is either because the person does not have enough faith to believe the prayer will be answered or they are praying against the Will of the Lord. Not to mention, some who pray are not truly believers, thus no faith. Prayer works when you have the faith to believe it will be answered. Everyone has the doubt that an amputee will regrow a limb. This doubt is the lack of faith that causes the prayer not to happen. Just like when Peter walked on water to Jesus, he had faith enough to not doubt that he can walk on the water to Jesus but when the winds came he doubted and started to sink. No one has walked on water since biblical times because no one has ever had the faith without the doubt. If anyone would have enough faith not to have even the slightest doubt that an amputee could regrow a limb, then and only then will the Lord answer that payer.

Mat 14:22 Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away.
Mat 14:23 And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there.
Mat 14:24 But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.
Mat 14:25 Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea.
Mat 14:26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.
Mat 14:27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”
Mat 14:28 And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
Mat 14:29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
Mat 14:30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”
Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
Mat 14:32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
Mat 14:33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

Last edited:
Prayer didn't work? You must be doing it wrong! :lol:

Is there scripture that says prayer will always work if you have enough faith?

I don't know that I've ever seen this particular argument before. That prayer works, certainly; that the only thing that prevents it's working is a lack of faith is new.

atheism has civilised religion. xtianity is a primitive superstition and it had to be dragged, kicking and screaming into the 20th century.

it is the criticism and the mockery of xtianity by a variety of non-xtians that has knocked off some of its rough edges and made it more acceptable.

does anyone seriously believe that we should not suffer a witch to live?

or that the ""the servant who does not do his masters bidding shall be beaten with many stripes".

or...

Mt27: But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Mt32: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

how about the bibles view of slavery, both new and old testament?

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)*

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)*

all this crap has been dropped by xtians only because of the criticism and mockery to which they have been subjected.

why else would they drop them. after all the bible contains the word of god doesnt it?

Prayer didn't work? You must be doing it wrong! :lol:

Is there scripture that says prayer will always work if you have enough faith?

I don't know that I've ever seen this particular argument before. That prayer works, certainly; that the only thing that prevents it's working is a lack of faith is new.

You may need to do some more studying on it then. I have had may debates with those who call themselves 'christian' and those who seem truly Christian. They are more versed in this than I am. I used to have more references on this but I had to do a down grade with my computer (from Windows 7 back to Vista :( ) and lost a lot of my study notes. I may start another thread later on this after I have done more studying and gotten my notes back.

There are plenty of verses that talk about the Lord not hearing prayers and why. You just have to do the studying and resurching on it. And not only go by what on translation says but also use something like the Strongs Concordance which shows you what some words ment when they were used. The meanings of words from the times the Bible was writen and now are different and you have to go by what they ment then rather than what they men now.

atheism has civilised religion. xtianity is a primitive superstition and it had to be dragged, kicking and screaming into the 20th century.

it is the criticism and the mockery of xtianity by a variety of non-xtians that has knocked off some of its rough edges and made it more acceptable.

does anyone seriously believe that we should not suffer a witch to live?

or that the ""the servant who does not do his masters bidding shall be beaten with many stripes".

or...

Mt27: But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Mt32: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)*

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)*

all this crap has been dropped by xtians only because of the criticism and mockery to which they have been subjected.

why else would they drop them. after all the bible contains the word of god doesnt it?

AH! The 'Times has changed' argument. This does not stand with me. People like to make excuses to justify why they refuse to believe truth.

And as far as Christians dropping a lot of what is in the Bible, many may have because of what you say, these are not true 'christians'. They hide behind the title 'Christian'. The true Christians have not 'dropped' these teachings, they just understand what they mean and why some do not stand today. I agree, many do pick and choose what they want to believe, but not all.

Jesus says: Mt27: But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

very few, if any xtians would accept any of this nonsense today.

New Topics

Forum List

Back