: The most important question you can ask about religion: Why wont god heal amputees?

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

claims are frequently made that someone has had a miraculous cure from a serious illness. but we know that modern medicine can often effect a cure even in cases thought hopeless.

we also know that occasionally the bodies own system will overcome a serious illness, so we really can't be certain that any of these cures is a 'miracle.

which raises the question, 'why doesnt god heal amputees?' then there would be no doubt that a miracle had occurred. tens of thousands of little children have been maimed by landmines, losing arms and legs. why wont god heal them? many servicemen, some no doubt devout xtians return home with horrible injuries. why doesnt god heal them?

i think we all know that god will NEVER heal a single amputee.

Everyone want definite proof of Gods existance before they'll believe , but God wants you to believe on faith. If you do that then you'll know the proof isn't needed.

""Why does god do or not do anything?""

the bible is quite clear about this. god WILL answer your prayers. this is stated not once by many times in the bible.

"For believers, it is obvious why so many prayers are answered. In the Bible, Jesus promises many times that he will answer our prayers. For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Ask and you will receive. What could be simpler than that?
In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Since a mustard seed is a tiny inanimate object about the size of a grain of salt, it is easy to imagine that the faith of a mustard seed is fairly small. So, paraphrasing, what Jesus is saying is that if you have the tiniest bit of faith, you can move mountains.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Jesus is actually in our midst and God answers our prayers."

b religoids are always making claims that their lord has performed miracles and saved a dying person.

All that and you completely failed to understand what I posted. It would be easier for you if you were not trolling.
Fail.

""Of course i know, its because we are human and not stone crabs.""

xtians claim that god can do anything!

they claim he cures cancer and other ills.

why doesnt he cure amputees?

If God is real and if God inspired the Bible, then we should worship God as the Bible demands. We should certainly post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and shopping centers, put "In God We Trust" on the money and pray in our schools. We should focus our society on God and his infallible Word because our everlasting souls hang in the balance.

On the other hand, if God is imaginary, then religion is a complete illusion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are pointless. Belief in God is nothing but a silly superstition, and this superstition leads a significant portion of the population to be delusional.

But how can we decide, conclusively, whether God is real or imaginary?

Since we are intelligent human beings living in the 21st century, we should take the time to look at some data. That is what we are doing when we ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?"

If you are an intelligent human being, and if you want to understand the true nature of God, you owe it to yourself to ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?" Start your exploration here:

* Why is this question so important? >>>

Last edited:
I have not read this whole theread yet, but I would like to ask one thing. Could God not 'healing amputees' be so that His fallowers can see who would not believe in Him in the first place? To see someone ask such a question shows me that the person asking would not believe in the Lord no matter what answer anyone gives them.

""Could God not 'healing amputees' be so that His fallowers can see who would not believe in Him in the first place? ""

so you are saying that all the amputees are not deserving of a miracle because they are not religious?

so some old fart with cancer is worth saving but all those kids who've lost limbs to land mines are not.

""Could God not 'healing amputees' be so that His fallowers can see who would not believe in Him in the first place? ""

so you are saying that all the amputees are not deserving of a miracle because they are not religious?

so some old fart with cancer is worth saving but all those kids who've lost limbs to land mines are not.

Nice way to twist what I was accually getting at. I never said amputees are not deserving, (though I believe no one is deserving). What I was saying is that whoever ASK this question in the way they did is not looking for an answer but rather wanting to argue about a God he does not believe even exist. Which is baffling to me. If he does not believe the Lord exist, why argue about what the nonexisting God/Lord does or doesn't do?

Nice way to twist what I was accually getting at. I never said amputees are not deserving, (though I believe no one is deserving). What I was saying is that whoever ASK this question in the way they did is not looking for an answer but rather wanting to argue about a God he does not believe even exist. Which is baffling to me. If he does not believe the Lord exist, why argue about what the nonexisting God/Lord does or doesn't do?

Because if the "Lord" could prove that he exists, there wouldn't be any unbelievers, and that would sure clear a lot of arguments and wars up.

""Nice way to twist what I was accually getting at. I never said amputees are not deserving, (though I believe no one is deserving).""

wow. thats a record even for a religoid. two sentences and they contradict each other.

""What I was saying is that whoever ASK this question in the way they did is not looking for an answer but rather wanting to argue about a God he does not believe even exist. Which is baffling to me.""

i imagine that you are very easily baffled.

u2s, once part of your brain is amputated, it won't grow back, so you might as well stop praying for god to grow it back for you.

claims are frequently made that someone has had a miraculous cure from a serious illness. but we know that modern medicine can often effect a cure even in cases thought hopeless.

we also know that occasionally the bodies own system will overcome a serious illness, so we really can't be certain that any of these cures is a 'miracle.

which raises the question, 'why doesnt god heal amputees?' then there would be no doubt that a miracle had occurred. tens of thousands of little children have been maimed by landmines, losing arms and legs. why wont god heal them? many servicemen, some no doubt devout xtians return home with horrible injuries. why doesnt god heal them?

God is interested in the heart of mankind. Some of the greatest testimonies I have ever heard about how good God is comes from people just like the ones you are talking about. It is about a real and lersonal, living and loving, walking and talking, daily relationship with God in Christ. That is what the life of the believer is all about.

Man has to face many horrible things, and it is our response to them that tells their story. No, God doesn't miraculously repace a limb, but He has made man'd minds so that replacement, while not perfect, is possible. Many people who have gone through these kinds of tragic events are able to remain the same person they were before that event. The lessons we can learn from them are awesome, and will even change the lives of those who have not had such terrible things happen to them.

So, in summary, God is interested in the heart, and in a real and personal relationship with mankind. He makes available a quality of life that goes beyond health of the physical, into the very center of the soul. When that part of life is blessed, the person and people around him are also blessed.

Everyone want definite proof of Gods existance before they'll believe , but God wants you to believe on faith. If you do that then you'll know the proof isn't needed.

If we had the kind of proof that people demand, that God exists, then there would just be the next question, and on and on. If it is a scientifically proven fact that God exists, there would be questions like "Why doesn't God heal Amputies?" Or, why is there suffering, or why Doesn't God just come here and live physically with us? So, I think God has the better plan, to have a real and personal relationship that goes beyond what is seen, into the faith in what is unseen. It is in knowing the unseen that our eyes are opened.

If we had the kind of proof that people demand, that God exists, then there would just be the next question, and on and on. If it is a scientifically proven fact that God exists, there would be questions like "Why doesn't God heal Amputies?" Or, why is there suffering, or why Doesn't God just come here and live physically with us? So, I think God has the better plan, to have a real and personal relationship that goes beyond what is seen, into the faith in what is unseen. It is in knowing the unseen that our eyes are opened.

Smartt, so after god shows himself, what would be your next question. Personally, I'd already be convinced (and I'm currently an agnostic), but you'd need more proof?:lol:

Smartt, so after god shows himself, what would be your next question. Personally, I'd already be convinced (and I'm currently an agnostic), but you'd need more proof?:lol:

No, I did not say that I would need more proof. I said that there would still be the questions. Some would still wonder why God allows suffering, etc. I personally am already convinced of God, and am living in a great relationship with Him. My questions would not be of a skeptic, but of a wanter about the awesome. How did you create such beauty? Why are you so wonderful to me, even when I don't deserve it? How can love be so powerful as it is?

Some would still deny God and keep asking the same questions.

""I personally am already convinced of God, and am living in a great relationship with Him.""

imagination is a wonderful thing.

""How did you create such beauty? Why are you so wonderful to me, even when I don't deserve it? How can love be so powerful as it is?""

all meaningless. which is there attraction.

No, I did not say that I would need more proof. I said that there would still be the questions. Some would still wonder why God allows suffering, etc. I personally am already convinced of God, and am living in a great relationship with Him. My questions would not be of a skeptic, but of a wanter about the awesome. How did you create such beauty? Why are you so wonderful to me, even when I don't deserve it? How can love be so powerful as it is?

Some would still deny God and keep asking the same questions.

You should ask god why he made you into such a douchebag. You're living in a relationship with an invisible being who lives in another dimension.

""Nice way to twist what I was accually getting at. I never said amputees are not deserving, (though I believe no one is deserving).""

wow. thats a record even for a religoid. two sentences and they contradict each other.

""What I was saying is that whoever ASK this question in the way they did is not looking for an answer but rather wanting to argue about a God he does not believe even exist. Which is baffling to me.""

i imagine that you are very easily baffled.

First off, what you bolded was not two sentences, it was ONE. And secondly, I believe no one is deserving, we all fall short. Though I never said that amputees were undeserving as you tried to say I did in the first place. I was not contradicting myself either, I was only pointing out that just because someone is an amputee don't make them any more deserving than anyone else and I don't believe anyone is deserving. You were doing what many like you do, 'twist' what others say.

And NO I am not easily baffled. I was also pointing out that for someone to not believe the Lord exist they sure seem to want to argue about what the Lord will and will not do :D. The 'which is baffling to me' part was to make the point stand out a bit more. Or are you that dense you didn't realize that either ;)

God is the ultimate NON fiction author.

When he writes your FAREWELL TO ARMS, he's not about to change the plotline to satisfy a public that demands happy endings.

If you want happy endings, stick with Disney.

Forum List

Back