: The most important question you can ask about religion: Why wont god heal amputees?

u2scram

Oct 26, 2010
Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

claims are frequently made that someone has had a miraculous cure from a serious illness. but we know that modern medicine can often effect a cure even in cases thought hopeless.

we also know that occasionally the bodies own system will overcome a serious illness, so we really can't be certain that any of these cures is a 'miracle.

which raises the question, 'why doesnt god heal amputees?' then there would be no doubt that a miracle had occurred. tens of thousands of little children have been maimed by landmines, losing arms and legs. why wont god heal them? many servicemen, some no doubt devout xtians return home with horrible injuries. why doesnt god heal them?

i think we all know that god will NEVER heal a single amputee.

To heal requires something there TO heal. You cant heal something that is not there.

You are asking whey god doesn't regenerate a missing limb.

""To heal requires something there TO heal. You cant heal something that is not there. You are asking whey god doesn't regenerate a missing limb.""

this is how xtians lie! they avoid the issue and make a pathetic excuse. according to the holy we will all be raised up on the day of judgment, even those who have rotted away?

how? after all, there is nothing to raise up!

really, we all know why god will NEVER heal and amputee, dont we?

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

claims are frequently made that someone has had a miraculous cure from a serious illness. but we know that modern medicine can often effect a cure even in cases thought hopeless.

we also know that occasionally the bodies own system will overcome a serious illness, so we really can't be certain that any of these cures is a 'miracle.

which raises the question, 'why doesnt god heal amputees?' then there would be no doubt that a miracle had occurred. tens of thousands of little children have been maimed by landmines, losing arms and legs. why wont god heal them? many servicemen, some no doubt devout xtians return home with horrible injuries. why doesnt god heal them?

i think we all know that god will NEVER heal a single amputee.

I think you're assuming that God would do tricks in order to convince people to believe in Him.

Do you think Jesus was surprised when the crowds who were previously fed bread and fish, left Him after He said:

John 6:53-55 (New King James Version)
53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.​

I see God providing miracles when it's not known than to coerce people to Him in order to get free lunches, healings, and everything else people want.

All born-again amputees will be healed (so to speak) and live eternally in completely new bodies.

Last edited:
God doesn't promise us a life free of suffering. He promises us the strength to cope with whatever He asks of us. Losing a limb is a horrific thing - but there are worse things to happen. There is always someone worse off than you.

You may as well ask 'why does God allow suffering at all'? Well, because if all believers never suffered any ill, everyone would see God's hand and there would be no need for faith. It is the 'faith' part that is important.

God did many tricks according to the bible.

Turning moses staff into a snake that ate the other staff snake.
Water from the stone. Manna from heaven and on and on.

""I think you're assuming that God would do tricks in order to convince people to believe in Him.""

yes. thats what religions claim every time they say a miracle has occurred.

"Think about it this way. The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." And billions of Christians believe these promises. You can find thousands of books, magazine articles and Web sites talking about the power of prayer. According to believers, God is answering millions of their prayers every day.

So what should happen if we pray to God to restore amputated limbs? Clearly, if God is real, limbs should regenerate through prayer. In reality, they do not. "

Clearly the OP seems to be talking about Christianity, not all religion, so the title of this thread is misleading.

Also, that's obviously not the 'most important question' to ask about religion, IMO. Off the top of my head I'd say the most important question to ask about any religion would be something like 'should I believe' or 'is this real'.

I agree that it's odd that a god who would effect miraculous cures would never regenerate a lost limb (or something else equally visible and undeniable). To be fair, even that would not be proof of the existence of a god, so it's really kind of a moot point.

God doesn't promise us a life free of suffering. He promises us the strength to cope with whatever He asks of us. Losing a limb is a horrific thing - but there are worse things to happen. There is always someone worse off than you.

You may as well ask 'why does God allow suffering at all'? Well, because if all believers never suffered any ill, everyone would see God's hand and there would be no need for faith. It is the 'faith' part that is important.

What about the millions who die as children? What about the millions of abortions, are they suffering so they can become better christians?

What about the millions (billions) who went/go thru life never knowing anything about JC, are they doomed to never go to heaven?

And of course, god doesn't want us to be able to see him.:cuckoo:

Dumb question and certainly a pointless thread. Why ask such a moot question? Clearly, you are not going to convert anyone with that kind of meandering. Even better is the fact that the question is framed from someone who does not believe in the first place. Further, you are asking believers a question that has no answer to begin with and you know it. Why does god do or not do anything? Answer: we do not know the mind or purpose of gad and cannot give you an answer to the decisions that it makes. Bashing on religion is a pointless endeavor.

""Why does god do or not do anything?""

the bible is quite clear about this. god WILL answer your prayers. this is stated not once by many times in the bible.

"For believers, it is obvious why so many prayers are answered. In the Bible, Jesus promises many times that he will answer our prayers. For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Ask and you will receive. What could be simpler than that?
In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Since a mustard seed is a tiny inanimate object about the size of a grain of salt, it is easy to imagine that the faith of a mustard seed is fairly small. So, paraphrasing, what Jesus is saying is that if you have the tiniest bit of faith, you can move mountains.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Jesus is actually in our midst and God answers our prayers."

b religoids are always making claims that their lord has performed miracles and saved a dying person.

so, isnt it odd that god wont heal amputees?

of course you and i know why.

there is no god.

Forum List

Back