: The most important question you can ask about religion: Why wont god heal amputees?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by u2scram, Oct 29, 2010.

1. u2scram

u2scram Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

claims are frequently made that someone has had a miraculous cure from a serious illness. but we know that modern medicine can often effect a cure even in cases thought hopeless.

we also know that occasionally the bodies own system will overcome a serious illness, so we really can't be certain that any of these cures is a 'miracle.

which raises the question, 'why doesnt god heal amputees?' then there would be no doubt that a miracle had occurred. tens of thousands of little children have been maimed by landmines, losing arms and legs. why wont god heal them? many servicemen, some no doubt devout xtians return home with horrible injuries. why doesnt god heal them?

i think we all know that god will NEVER heal a single amputee.

2. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    To heal requires something there TO heal. You cant heal something that is not there.

You are asking whey god doesn't regenerate a missing limb.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Yes he is asking that and it is a valid point.
    Surely god can do that.

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,947
    No, it can't.

5. u2scram

u2scram Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    ""To heal requires something there TO heal. You cant heal something that is not there. You are asking whey god doesn't regenerate a missing limb.""

this is how xtians lie! they avoid the issue and make a pathetic excuse. according to the holy we will all be raised up on the day of judgment, even those who have rotted away?

how? after all, there is nothing to raise up!

really, we all know why god will NEVER heal and amputee, dont we?

6. JenT

JenT God lead our troops

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +253
    I think you're assuming that God would do tricks in order to convince people to believe in Him.

Do you think Jesus was surprised when the crowds who were previously fed bread and fish, left Him after He said:

John 6:53-55 (New King James Version)
    53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.​

I see God providing miracles when it's not known than to coerce people to Him in order to get free lunches, healings, and everything else people want.

All born-again amputees will be healed (so to speak) and live eternally in completely new bodies.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    God doesn't promise us a life free of suffering. He promises us the strength to cope with whatever He asks of us. Losing a limb is a horrific thing - but there are worse things to happen. There is always someone worse off than you.

You may as well ask 'why does God allow suffering at all'? Well, because if all believers never suffered any ill, everyone would see God's hand and there would be no need for faith. It is the 'faith' part that is important.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    If he is all powerful? And created man and the universe and all the animal life on the planet and he cannot grow a leg on a child? surely.....

9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    God did many tricks according to the bible.

Turning moses staff into a snake that ate the other staff snake.
    Water from the stone. Manna from heaven and on and on.

10. u2scram

u2scram Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    ""I think you're assuming that God would do tricks in order to convince people to believe in Him.""

yes. thats what religions claim every time they say a miracle has occurred.

"Think about it this way. The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." And billions of Christians believe these promises. You can find thousands of books, magazine articles and Web sites talking about the power of prayer. According to believers, God is answering millions of their prayers every day.

So what should happen if we pray to God to restore amputated limbs? Clearly, if God is real, limbs should regenerate through prayer. In reality, they do not. "