The most important issues in 2012 that you will not hear about.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
As we enter another year I think it is important to list some of the most important issues/problems facing America - that you will not hear about, and nothing will be done to alter or stop them froming coming to full fruition.

1) Social Security surplus is coming to an end in about 5 years.
In and of itself this is a massive problem. The government for a number of years now has been using this surplus to pay other bills....$billions and $billions and $billions ANNUALLY. They will not have this to fall back on anymore. This is not a problem for Social security. It is a problem for the general monetary condition of America...and it is huge and will be critical in 5 years and no one is even talking about it let alone doing anything about it.

2) The Stock Market has built the fastest bubble in history. As of the writing of this thread the DOW is at 12,200. THIS IS 1,100 POINTS HIGHER THAN IN 2005...considered by most economist the greatest economic year in over 20 years. The stock market is where it is as if a full recovery has been made - ANND that the mortgage crises is completely over, there is no European crises, Americas debt is well under control, unemployment is 4-5% etc. etc. etc. But all of these things have not of course happened. There is no argument. It is not debatable. The stock market is arguably in it's highest bubble in history. And what does that mean?

3) America's public debt will be $20 trillion in less than 5 years.

4) China has the ability to declare economic war and this would create a tsunami if they did this after this market bubble burst or simply waited until the SS surplus ends. If China not only stopped loaning America money, but began dumping bonds the dollar would fall significantly and America would have a very hard time funding it's debt. A very hard time. Conventional wisdom holds that China would be crazy to do this. And on the surface they certainly would. It would create havoc on their own economy. However, China is not a conventional government and I personally subscribe to the belief that China is the greatest threat to the security of America for a variety of reasons - and I am by no means alone on this. Unlike America, China is patient and will act on its own long term self interest above anyone else, if China believes they could rise as the eminent world power - I believe they would do just about any unconventional act to achieve it.

Last edited:
Not to worry... Obama will save us!
super-obama.gif

5) The more and more rapid expansion of the Big Brother police state and utter evisceration of the 4th Amendment.

You haven't seen anything yet.
I should have also listed the Medicare A,B and D future costs.
When the SS surplus runs out at the same time the Medicare costs rise at the same time the Stock market crashes again???...we will be in the abyss. And our government will be forced to do some pretty nasty things to avoid a true calamity.
I hope you enjoyed your formally occupied wallet.

As we enter another year I think it is important to list some of the most important issues/problems facing America - that you will not hear about, and nothing will be done to alter or stop them froming coming to full fruition.

1) Social Security surplus is coming to an end in about 5 years.
In and of itself this is a massive problem. The government for a number of years now has been using this surplus to pay other bills....$billions and $billions and $billions ANNUALLY. They will not have this to fall back on anymore. This is not a problem for Social security. It is a problem for the general monetary condition of America...and it is huge and will be critical in 5 years and no one is even talking about it let alone doing anything about it.

2) The Stock Market has built the fastest bubble in history. As of the writing of this thread the DOW is at 12,200. THIS IS 1,100 POINTS HIGHER THAN IN 2005...considered by most economist the greatest economic year in over 20 years. The stock market is where it is as if a full recovery has been made - ANND that the mortgage crises is completely over, there is no European crises, Americas debt is well under control, unemployment is 4-5% etc. etc. etc. But all of these things have not of course happened. There is no argument. It is not debatable. The stock market is arguably in it's highest bubble in history. And what does that mean?

3) America's public debt will be $20 trillion in less than 5 years.

4) China has the ability to declare economic war and this would create a tsunami if they did this after this market bubble burst or simply waited until the SS surplus ends. If China not only stopped loaning America money, but began dumping bonds the dollar would fall significantly and America would have a very hard time funding it's debt. A very hard time. Conventional wisdom holds that China would be crazy to do this. And on the surface they certainly would. It would create havoc on their own economy. However, China is not a conventional government and I personally subscribe to the belief that China is the greatest threat to the security of America for a variety of reasons - and I am by no means alone on this. Unlike America, China is patient and will act on its own long term self interest above anyone else, if China believes they could rise as the eminent world power - I believe they would do just about any unconventional act to achieve it.

You said this in 2011 "The stock market is arguably in it's highest bubble in history."

That would mean it's in it's highest bubble in history NOW, right?

Forum List

Back