The Most Important Issue On The Planet

No it is not. Negotiating and appeasement are not the same. They are two different words, they mean two different things. And the climate today is not - I repeat - not anything like pre-World War 2 Europe.

Hamas and Israel are a completely different animal. I don't see the point in bringing that up.

As for the last sentence, "they" are not one cohesive unit. In fact, the onus of labeling an armed group, organization or state "terrorist" should be objective, but remains very subjective. Naturally, I reject your characterization completely.

Furthermore, "their" bottom line is not "our" destruction for the reasons listed above.

I stated "THOSE GROUPS" so I dont see how you can think I believe it is a singular block.

And yea, they state it themselves, the various terrorists and their groups, our destruction is their goal.

ITs pretty obvious that the Islamists are a culture of death, and when they dont care who dies, as long as someone dies, its not possible to negotiate with them. They are irrational and caught up in satanic desires and overly emotional.

So many stupid posts in such a small period of time.

Kissinger in Paris with the Viet Cong? What was that?

James Baker to Syria over a dozen times? What was that?

Talking to people is not appeasement. Anyone who says so really needs to find a library.

Talking to people is not appeasement. Anyone who says so really needs to find a library.

It all depends on what you are saying to them when you talk to them. If you are doing nothing but giving into their demands in the hopes that they will "play nice" from now on. You are appeasing!!

The editecian school for advanced international relations

Chapter I
Bear Baiting 101

Lesson 1
Negotiation - what you do when war with Russia is still debatable and obviously unwinnable (See: M.A.D.)

Lesson 2
Appeasement - what you do when war with Russia in inevitable and obviously unwinnable ( until Star Wars defence actually works, of course).

Lesson 3
Saber Rattling - What one does when one knows perfectly well one cannot afford to go to war, but wants to appear strongly in opposition to that which one has absolutely no intention of doing anything about.

Lesson 4
Consiliatory gestures - The declaration of entene giving the aggessor permission to do whatever the hell it wants, while you pretend not to notice.

So many stupid posts in such a small period of time.

Kissinger in Paris with the Viet Cong? What was that?

James Baker to Syria over a dozen times? What was that?

Kissinger did not negotiate with the Viet Cong.

Fool. I've never called gunny a fool and we disagree constantly. Your straw man distortion of my statement only proves it to be correct. Fool.

It was a rhetorical question you idiot. I doubt you even really know what a fool is.

Putting me in the same camp as President Bush, wow! What a compliment!! DANKS !!

Bush and Obama had words in the press yesterday over the single most immediate important thing affecting everyone on the planet. It's not the economy. It's not global warming. It's the issue of Iran getting nukes.

History repeats itself if we are not careful

This is why Obama is unelectable. And it's not because of the whole Reverend Wright thing. Although I admit it's weird how he put up with that pastor's rhetoric for 20 years, I believe Obama is still probably a pretty "good guy" in the end. What I am talking about is much more serious. Obama believes in "aggressive personal diplomacy" with Iran. Like it hasn't be tried and tried before. Just ask Jimmy Carter. Or Nancy Pelosi when she went to Syria. Or the people who tried to negotiate with Hitler in the 1930s. . . Diplomacy fails every time, time and time again, with these lunatics. If we sit around at the round table negotiating with this madman (Ahmedinejad), while he secretly builds nukes the whole world is f-cked. Starting with Israel. There will be wide spread terrorism on a never before seen scale as soon as radical Islam gets the bomb. Just ask Netanyahu. And this could happen in the next 5 years. We need to act NOW.

Here is a recent Bush statement:

“Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along. We have heard this foolish delusion before. As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: ‘Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.’ We have an obligation to call this what it is — the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history,” the president said.

This is absolutely true. Just check your history books.

Hey people still talk to Bush after Iraq.

Kissinger did not negotiate with the Viet Cong.

I know this is from a month ago, but:

Kissinger was in Paris as a special attache to the secret negotiations during the LBJ administrations 1968 negotiations. Kissinger, being the traitor to this country that he is, was reporting developments back to the republican nominee for president, the murderer of no less than 20,000 Americans, Richard Nixon. Nixon promised the Vietnamese a better deal from the republican administration and urged them to resist a deal until after he took office.

Kissinger was also in Paris in '73 and negotiated directly with Le Duc Tho

Gummysargent was pointing out that Kissinger negtiated North Vietnamese.

The Viet Cong were of course working for N. Vietnam, but technically, at least, he was correct.

So you negotiate; but there comes a time when negotiations are little more than an enemy stalling for time.

Did Luvrpgrl REALLY say that islamic people are "caught up in satanic desires and overly emotional"?

:lol:

Forum List

Back