The Most Hated President

Originally posted by Comrade
Excellent point about Lincoln. Probably one of the top three Greatest presidents of our country, who was only considered so well after his death.

If Bush will not be great for being unpopular with the minority, just look at the curses and hatred directed at Lincoln by the South. Had he not gathered his power and held his convictions enough to kick ass over the seperatists and win the war, his name would be mud. The same goes for Bush, and so far he's kicking ass.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD
"America's standing with the rest of the world?"

Who gives a fu*k!

President Bush's job is to serve us & make sure we stay safe, NOT to win a popularity contest held by leaders & nations who are bordering on becoming our enemies! Personally, I believe the rest of the world should worry about THEIR standing with US!

I love reading what you say Spikes. very articulate and to the point.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
THis reminds me. Dillo, i've been meaning to speak to you about strange stains on the playbook. I'll pm you later with the details of my complaint.

but but but I was just so happy ----forgive me!

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD
"America's standing with the rest of the world?"

Who gives a fu*k!

President Bush's job is to serve us & make sure we stay safe, NOT to win a popularity contest held by leaders & nations who are bordering on becoming our enemies! Personally, I believe the rest of the world should worry about THEIR standing with US!

Damn fucking straight as always SpikeS.

Billy Jeff Clinton. A morally bankrupt habitual liar.. Still can't stop portraying himself as a victim.... Worthless fellow should NEVER have been in office; 'cept for the 43% he continually hoodwinked he never would have.. It is because of his lack of understanding of foreign policy that we must now face the hard reality of worldwide terrorism...

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I guess the Irish aren't too fond of him either right now:

Do we really care what the Irish think about our President?

I can't think of a president I have ever actually hated. I thought Jimmy Carter was a horrible president, but I think he is a very decent man and have a lot of respect for him as a person. Bill Clinton has morals slightly higher than your average pimp, but I can't say I hate him. Annoyed by Clinton. That's probably a better choice of words.

Man, the things I've heard about Clinton...
ONe potentially future president I dont like is Clinton Number Two. Her anti-military stance is a killer, considering I'll most likely be in the service then. Whenever she's on TV, my dad makes the sound of a revolver cocking and firing, kind of funny. I've supported Bush since I knew his name. I still do, He's doing a hell of alot better than Billy C. He's more of a person than most robotic politicians, especially showing the days after 9/11. Thats what scares me about Kerry winning the election, if he changes positions all the time like he's been known to do, where will USA's stability go?

I don't mean Irish-Americans. I mean Irish-Irish. As in from the Emerald Isle. I am from Irish descent as well. This gives me great pride in the fact that I can out drink my friends. :D I just mean, why should we worry what other nations citizens think about our leaders.

Originally posted by armstrong80
I don't mean Irish-Americans. I mean Irish-Irish. As in from the Emerald Isle. I am from Irish descent as well. This gives me great pride in the fact that I can out drink my friends. :D I just mean, why should we worry what other nations citizens think about our leaders.

Why? Our leaders are supposed to be just that: Our Leaders. Why does it matter at all what other nations think?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Why? Our leaders are supposed to be just that: Our Leaders. Why does it matter at all what other nations think?

This is what I said. We're saying the same thing. The original post was about the Irish giving Pres. Bush the cold shoulder. My point was, that lately it seems that the leftists are worried about what the rest of the world thinks about our leaders. Sen. Kerry has even floated the theory that the rest of the world wants him to be President. We should simply feel more comfortable with a leader that the rest of the world dislikes. This means that this leader is truly protecting the sovereignty of the US. Sorry if I wasn't clear in the beginning.

Originally posted by armstrong80
This is what I said. We're saying the same thing. The original post was about the Irish giving Pres. Bush the cold shoulder. My point was, that lately it seems that the leftists are worried about what the rest of the world thinks about our leaders. Sen. Kerry has even floated the theory that the rest of the world wants him to be President. We should simply feel more comfortable with a leader that the rest of the world dislikes. This means that this leader is truly protecting the sovereignty of the US. Sorry if I wasn't clear in the beginning.

If Senator Kerry thinks the world wants him to be President then he should run for election as President of the world. until then who the frick cares what they think?

Originally posted by menewa
I think it's fair to say that GWB is the most hated US president

For stats in world opinion:
*edited by SE*

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=165

A buddy of mine claims to hate Bush too. When I ask him exactly what he's done wrong the guy just says, "he's incompetant". Well, I'll agree that he isn't perfect. I for instance want to him to clean up on illegal immigration.

But what exactly is it that liberals, and foriegnors hate him for so much? I mean, what the hell did he ever do to you?:confused:

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
A buddy of mine claims to hate Bush too. When I ask him exactly what he's done wrong the guy just says, "he's incompetant". Well, I'll agree that he isn't perfect. I for instance want to him to clean up on illegal immigration.

But what exactly is it that liberals, and foriegnors hate him for so much? I mean, what the hell did he ever do to you?:confused:

I'd say that among the foreign general population, much of it has to do with a misunderstanding of our last election. They don't understand the electoral college, hell many of our own citizens don't, perhaps even a majority.

Amongst foreign leadership, (read Chirac), it's a more complicated. They DO understand what happened and that Bush is legit. They don't like the implications of US actually using its influence in ways that it hasn't since Kennedy, with the exception of Regan in the 80's. They loved Carter, since he would give money and defense, while constantly giving mea culpas for our power transgressions. Clinton was also likeable, since for the most part he was so charasmatic, though he acted unilaterally rather often, they didn't take offense. Besides, he was always talking about how great Europe was. Bush, well he's just plain old USA is great! (Although they should have learned by now, he' much more than he appears. It's that whole 'misunderestimated' thing! LOL).

Schroeder rode the public anti-Bush fervor to office. That tiger has been nipping him for some time, took a trouncing in the last elections.

Bottom line, at this moment in time, acknowledging possible repurcussions down the road, we don't have the luxury of worrying about their perceptions of us. Bush has tried, heck Blair has been trying feverishly to bridge the chasm, but Chirac is determined to try and be the wall.

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
Isn't Chirac the only one who refused to attend Reagan's funeral, of all those invited?

I don't know if he was the 'only one', but he wasn't there. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back