The Most Disgusting Song of All Time

Anyone who researches what inspired Lennon and his inspiration for Imagine beyond wikipedia will discover he claimed two sources for his inspiration. One was a poem by his wife Yoko, the other was a Christian prayer book they kept and used in their home. Lennon had professed to be an athiest in his twenties, but he had grown up as a Christian and even learned to sing as a choirboy. While he didn't profess to actually return to the religion in a formal way, he did admit that he had been reexamining the words of Jesus.

The bullshit you people come up with is just amazing.

"You don't need the package. Just as you don't need the Cristian package or the Marxist package to get the message.
People always got the image I was anti-Christ. I am not. I'm a most religious fellow. I was brought up a Christian and I only now understand some of the things Christ was saying in those parables." John Lennon Playboy interview Sept. 8-Sept. 28, 1980 Published Jan. 1981

Check it out. It's easy if you try.

Ha! I see what you did there. :lol:

The bullshit you people come up with is just amazing.

"You don't need the package. Just as you don't need the Cristian package or the Marxist package to get the message.
People always got the image I was anti-Christ. I am not. I'm a most religious fellow. I was brought up a Christian and I only now understand some of the things Christ was saying in those parables." John Lennon Playboy interview Sept. 8-Sept. 28, 1980 Published Jan. 1981

Check it out. It's easy if you try.

Ha! I see what you did there. :lol:

"Dick Gregory gave Yoko and me a little kind of prayer book. Christian idiom, but you can apply it anywhere. It is the concept of positive prayer. If you want to get a car, get the car keys. Get it? IMAGINE IS SAYING that if you can imagine a world of peace, with no denominations of religion, not without religion but without this my god is bigger than your god thing then it can be true." John Lennon All We Are Saying by David Sheff.

Cloud Piece
Imagine the clouds dripping
dig a hole in your garden
put them in.
by Yoko Ono Book of Poetry Grapefruit

Last edited:

Forum List

Back