The more you know

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
So my wife put a pork tenderloin in crockpot yesterday and forgot to hit start. Lol. So it was on "keep warm" for hours. Anyways I reset it when I got hone. It was fine when it got done. We had made pizza so we just put it in fridge for tonight.
I shredded it and scraped all the juices into the pan. It was dry. Bad. I started going through cabinets and fridge trying to get an idea to hydrate it and saw chicken broth. I put about cup or so of it in the pan and let it simmer for a bit. Added a little bit more seasonings as well. Not bad at all! Chicken broth saved dinner!
The more you know ;)

Chicken broth has many uses. We use it to steam vegges. Gives much more flavor rather than using water.

I discovered on my visit to the South that soul food vegetables are SUPER salty. I love cooked greens of any kind and butter beans and limas, but they were so friggin salty I could barely eat them. Someone explained it was from the sidemeat they use to flavor them. I'm one of the last people in my circle that actually still uses the salt shaker, so it's not because I'm a low sodium old lady.

The thought of boiling vegetables in chicken broth made me think of that.

Pork Tenderloin in the crock pot:disbelief:

Tenderloins cook quickly.....

Pork Tenderloin. Wash and remove silver membrane. Coat with olive oil and generously sprinkle entire tenderloin with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Rub into meat. You can let this marinate over night or cook right away. Sear tenderloin in a very hot oven proof skillet. Sear all sides. You want that char finish on the pork. Finish cooking in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove and rest meat for 10 minutes. Slice thin and pour juices from cutting board over meat..

Serve on Hawaiian Rolls with Tiger Dill Sauce.

This sauce is very tasty!

Tiger Dill Sauce

Ingredients

2//3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoon prepared horseradish
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon dill Weed
Instructions

Blend all together and serve with any beef or pork dish. This is better if left to set overnight.

Forum List

Back