The more you know

Again, it should be an option and not forced upon you. If you feel that you can't provide for yourself later in life then opt in....and collect your tidbits on a monthly basis.

That would not work. Americans buy homeopathic drugs, magnetic shoe soles, psychic readings, ionic bracelets, and vote for the lesser of two evils over and over until we have nothing but pure evil choices come election time. If they can't tell what bunkum is, then they are walking talking rubes waiting to be plucked by criminals who wear ties to work.

So when tens of millions of Americans find themselves penniless at 65, are you going to tell them, "Tough shit. Die."?

You probably would, believing that Americans will learn to make better choices with no safety net beneath them. But we already know that is not true, because people are already supplementing their retirement with their own money with 401ks and IRAs. And they are being ripped off on an unprecedented scale, yet they are completely blind to it.

This plan ignores human nature AND the fact that crooks in ties are not only protected from the consequences of their crimes, they are incentivized to commit their crimes by the government. There are people right here on this forum who not only are blind to the crimes being committed, they don't even realize they are the victims of those crimes. They can't see the guy stealing their future right in front of them!

It's as if a thief came right into your home and stole your big screen TV while you sat just a few feet away covering your eyes, denying a crime was taking place.

Until we fix this astronomical clusterfuck in our system, it would be a gross mistake to leave the common man to continue to fend for himself.

Last edited:
Again, it should be an option and not forced upon you. If you feel that you can't provide for yourself later in life then opt in....and collect your tidbits on a monthly basis.

That would not work. Americans buy homeopathic drugs, magnetic shoe soles, psychic readings, ionic bracelets, and vote for the lesser of two evils over and over until we have nothing but pure evil choices come election time. If they can't tell what bunkum is, then they are walking talking rubes waiting to be plucked by criminals who wear ties to work.

So when tens of millions of Americans find themselves penniless at 65, are you going to tell them, "Tough shit. Die."?

You probably would, believing that Americans will learn to make better choices with no safety net beneath them. But that ignores human nature AND the fact that crooks in ties are not only protected from the consequences of their crimes, they are incentivized to commit their crimes by the government. People are already supplementing their retirement with 401k and IRAs and they are being ripped off as we speak. There are people right here on this forum who not only are blind to the crimes being committed, they don't even realize they are the victims of those crimes. They can't see the guy stealing their future right in front of them!

It's as if a thief came right into your home and stole your big screen TV while you sat just a few feet away covering your eyes, denying a crime was taking place.

Until we fix this astronomical clusterfuck in our system, it would be a gross mistake to leave the common man to continue to fend for himself.

WHY would anyone need a SAFETY NET below them IF they made the right choices but government sought instead to INTERFERE?

LIBERTY is an all or nothing proposition. Success or failure is an individual responsibility.

It is interesting that the same people who are putting retirement dollars into the economy would still be doing so if they had invested the money themselves. Only, they would likely have been putting in an additional 250 to 500 billion dollars.

Private investments have a much better Return on Investment, giving those same seniors more discretionary money to spend. Rather than just spending it on life staples.

I have to wonder why it is that people write articles that assume because these seniors are spending their Social Security money, if it wasn't for their Social Security, the economy would be worse.

Retiree's spend retirement money, regardless of from where it comes. A governmental ponzi scheme pumping some money into the economy does not mean that we must depend upon it, or that it is right.

Last edited:
It is interesting that the same people who are putting retirement dollars into the economy would still be doing so if they had invested the money themselves. Only, they would likely have been putting in an additional 250 to 500 billion dollars.

Private investments have a much better Return on Investment, giving that same seniors more discretionary money to spend. Rather than just spending it on life staples.

I have to wonder why it is that people write articles that assume because these seniors are spending their Social Security money, if it wasn't for their Social Security, the economy would be worse.

Retiree's spend retirement money, regardless of from where it comes. A governmental ponzi scheme pumping some money into the economy does not mean that we must depend upon it, or that it is right.

Agreed.

Are dollars marked with where they are supposed to go after they are spent?

Nice post.

WHY would anyone need a SAFETY NET below them IF they made the right choices but government sought instead to INTERFERE?

You ignore the reality. The reality is that the government interferes where it should not, and does not interfere where it should.

Investors are being ripped off by criminals, and the government does nothing about it. Fraud is given the green light. To suggest the common man should be cut loose and allowed to wander into this pack of wolves on his own is stupidity in the extreme.

If I had confidence that criminals would be punished, I would say go for it. But that is not the reality.

Turning trillions of dollars more loose in this kind of environment would be the greatest wealth redistribution in history. UP the income ladder.

It is already occurring, and your plan would only accelerate it. The common man would find himself penniless in short order. The level of sophistication behind the instruments of robbery are way beyond the average person's understanding.

The playing field is more unlevel than it has been for a century.

Private investments have a much better Return on Investment, giving that same seniors more discretionary money to spend. Rather than just spending it on life staples.

Agreed.

Nice post.
Thanks.

It has always puzzled Me to wonder why it that people say that money spent by government stimulates the economy, when, in fact, if that money was in the hands of the citizens, it would make government spending look like a firecracker next to an atomic bomb.

The power of any free market is in the vision of entrepreneurs and the demands of the consumer. Government actually plays a very small role.

Agreed.

Nice post.
Thanks.

It has always puzzled Me to wonder why it that people say that money spent by government stimulates the economy, when, in fact, if that money was in the hands of the citizens, it would make government spending look like a firecracker next to an atomic bomb.

The power of any free market is in the vision of entrepreneurs and the demands of the consumer. Government actually plays a very small role.

And it should remain small.

Agreed.

Nice post.
Thanks.

And it should remain small.
Aye.

If given the choice, I would opt out of Social Security and go it alone. If, however, I couldn't make it I would certainly expect the government to come in and bail me out. I figure I would have at least tried to make it with rugged individualism and hard work, unlike all the lazy boozers that that can't wait for their Social Security checks to come each month. Why should I be penalized for trying to make it on my own?

If given the choice, I would opt out of Social Security and go it alone. If, however, I couldn't make it I would certainly expect the government to come in and bail me out.

And there's the rub. People would want their cake and to eat it, too.

New Topics

Forum List

Back