The Morality Of Murder

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by wayne, Oct 13, 2008.

1. wayne

wayne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    During World War II and the German occupation of France the resistance killed, that is murdered since they where not fighting under the authority of a sovereign, German solders, civilian officials and French citizens. Were they criminals? Eric Rudolf did the same thing but he went to prison. As he saw it he was fighting fascist that were murdering babies. Now as I see it Eric was taking a simplistic view of abortion. For example I think it is not right to force a raped woman to bare the child of her rapist. She can even take revenge on the rapist by killing, aborting, his child. But, Eric was fighting Nazis in his opinion, but the is now in prison. On the other hand William Ayess and his wife did scores of bombing in support a world wide communist revolution, but they never spent a day in prison. As the Left see it their actions were morally right is there a double standard?

If the government of the US Violates the Constitution, do the people have a right to resist. If it started infringing on the rights citizens to own weapons, by concentrating power in the central government, or by banning talk radio through the Fairness Doctrine, would not resistant groups be justified in doing the same things the French resistance did.

In other words is it morally right to kill people in the defense of freedom?

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    he Germans occupied France under the authority of the Vichy government. France was divided into two parts – occuped and Vichy. The resistance fough the occupying army and the Vichy forces that supported them. Morality? There's no question of morality. They were simply fighting forces they were trying to remove from France. They fought well knowing that if they were caught they would be tortured and executed.

Rudolf didn't do the same thing as the resistance.

Eric Robert Rudolph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rudolf killed people who were doing things he didn't agree with. The resistance, among other things, killed people who were occupying their country. They were fighting for freedom.

Ayers never killed anyone.

Yes can be morally right to kill in defence of freedom.

3. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    thats not exactly true
    he was part of the group, that at a minimum makes him an accessory, and he even admitted guilt after he got off on that technicality

4. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    it wasn't a technicality.

it was an ILLEGAL search and seizure, from what i have read.... if ILLEGAL search and seizure is a technicality to you, then i apologize....

5. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    he admitted his guilt
    so, that means he got off on a technicality

how can you claim to care for all when you excuse his killing of police officers and his desire to have done more?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  6. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    As I said, Ayers didn't kill anyone.

Now I'm waiting for some points from the op.

7. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    what is it with you cons? making up shit all the time? i never excused anyone....?

including the gvt for breaking the law....they know better...and because of their illegal works, a guilty man is free....

why haven't you condemned the University for hiring the man? What did they see that you don't and that I don't?

Is he a reformed man? No crimes committed in 30-40 years and you KNOW the fbi has been watching him like a hawk? That does say something about him...don't know exactly what...but it could be that he had reformed himself?
    People are saying that he said he would do what he did again and wished he had done more...but i have never seen this substantiated with a valid or any link?

I honestly don't know much about the man ayres, never heard of him before the Repubs brought up him being on a board with obama and having some campaign gig for him....

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,866
    Off topic, but does anyone else see the irony in Rudolph's campaign?

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,866
    hmmm? What was he charged with?

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    How about the point that whether or not he killed anyone is irrelevant to the fact he committed unlawful acts of terrorism against the US? That's not an opinion, btw, it's fact.