The Monkey Syndrome

When I read this story

• I can learn from it.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I think people never behave like monkeys.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think there should have been five bananas and no cold water from the beginning.

• I think there never should have been a banana in the first place.

• Total voters
hoseknozzle.png

Wet shorts contest?

Kinda reminds me of the time we went to the circus...

... there was a hurdy-gurdy man who had a lil' monkey...

... an' dat monkey had his own lil' hurdy-gurdy...

... an' Granny said, "Oh look, ain't dat cute...

... dat monkey is grindin' his lil' organ."
:lol:

Last edited:
Gimme my banana dammit.

What happens when no monkeys are ever replaced , entitlement monkeys .:lol:

That's when they take bananas from the monkeys in the cage on the right and pass them out to the monkeys on the left.
You think a monkey in the left cage gets a beating for climbing the steps now? What do you suppose would happen if you put all the monkeys in the same cage?

Anytime the collective is punished for the actions of the individual, there will be retribution on the individual. And social memory is long and deep.

But conditioning against basic drives will almost always be overcome without external enforcement.

That's why teen pregnancy is so difficult to squash. Maybe just firehose them when they start drawing hearts on their notebooks?

Hell no. We're already stuck with bad Senators for six and good ones who run the whole show by being "tenured" into key committees. All 535 should have 3-year terms. The House with only 2 terms means that they actually only work for one year, then spend the second year campaigning. With the president at four years, that will give all 535 two full years to work WITH the Executive Branch, then campaign for their final (third) year if they want a turnover in the entire government, not just the presidency. Mid-terms always (ALWAYS!!) fuck everything up because often important and RELEVANT bills come to a screeching halt while the noobs get their feet wet.

I would go further. Lengthen the terms a bit--maybe eight years in the Senate; four years in the House; six years in the Presidency. And then they have to be out of office for two years before they can run for re-election. Do away with all Congressional and Presidential pension funds/entitlements and remove the federal government's ability to use tax revenues as any form of charity.

And that I think would eliminate the viscious election campaign syndrome as well as restore integrity to the federal government.

With that length of time, most of them would be forced to end their strict partisanship as various events unfold. So, maybe. But before that happened, a complete overhaul of the existing "rules" of both houses would need to be simplified. Also, if some lawmaker just couldn't compromise for whatever reason and wished to simply resign, s/he would be restricted from lobbying for a private organization forever.

If they are prohibited from using the people's money to grant favors of any kind to anybody, everybody can lobby to their heart's content but it will all be for nought. Leaving all forms of favors, charity, and benevolence to the states to administer would cure a multitude of sins.

Alas, that is one of those things that gets the crap beat out of any monkey who suggests we do it differently than what we've been doing though. In the mind of the present generation, we have always had a benevolent big government.

Leaving all forms of favors, charity, and benevolence to the states to administer would cure a multitude of sins.

Oh man, I have to disagree on that. The closer the government, the heavier the corruption, in my experience. The favors dispensed to the people one grew up with seem to be the costliest.

Leaving all forms of favors, charity, and benevolence to the states to administer would cure a multitude of sins.

Oh man, I have to disagree on that. The closer the government, the heavier the corruption, in my experience. The favors dispensed to the people one grew up with seem to be the costliest.

But once the people again pay more attention to state government because that's where the lion's share of their tax dollars are going, I think history will show that they will demand that a lot of the corruption be cleaned up. You see it has not always been this way. It's just sometimes the monkeys think it has because they've never experienced anything else.

But once the people again pay more attention to state government because that's where the lion's share of their tax dollars are going, I think history will show that they will demand that a lot of the corruption be cleaned up. You see it has not always been this way. It's just sometimes the monkeys think it has because they've never experienced anything else.

Again, I have to heartily disagree. Once all services and money are directed to State or even more horrors, county and city authorities, the corruption gets much thicker and ingrained and violent. In my very state, the highway patrol has feuds with tow truck drivers that stem from family relations and folks get their windows shot out.

Haven't seen a whole lot of shots fired over federal contracting scams. Just sayin'.

I love how the Republicans try to pass off this rightwing fable as science

But then again we all know that only 6% of scientists are Republicans....so they have to make up their own science

I don't see how that story has anything to do with government. The whole thing sounds more like the development of religion. Once upon a time someone got sick eating pig, so now no one should eat pig.
(Not meant to be a knock on any particular religion, just an example.)

I don't see how that story has anything to do with government. The whole thing sounds more like the development of religion. Once upon a time someone got sick eating pig, so now no one should eat pig.

I see now why you have a problem with religion, if you don't get how the story relates to government.

I see now why you have a problem with religion, if you don't get how the story relates to government.

It relates to both, in a way, but religion more than government. If I have a problem with religion, it's because of the people involved. I'd be more concerned, if you said I had a problem with God. :eusa_pray::eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back