The Money Trail: Putting on the Ritz, VIP Treatment for Big Money Democrats

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
While its elected officials say it is the party of "the working people," Democrats are quietly running an elaborate VIP program that rewards wealthy contributors with luxury perks and insider access at the Denver convention.

The favored few in the Democratic Finance Committee skybox were treated to an open bar and food in silver chafing dishes.

Delegates outside the closed curtain of the sky box stood in line for $7 hot dogs and were not permitted to bring food to their seats at the Pepsi Center.

ABC News: The Money Trail: Putting on the Ritz, VIP Treatment for Big Money Democrats

Yep ...that's what I call the "party of the working people" alright....not!

Yes, I love how they claim to be the party of the "working people" and then have an A-list red carpet at their convention. Susan Sarandon, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Steven Spielberg, J. Lo, Oprah, Charlize Theron....

I sure can relate to these people. I mean, Hollywood is TOUGH work.

• Banned
Yes, I love how they claim to be the party of the "working people" and then have an A-list red carpet at their convention. Susan Sarandon, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Steven Spielberg, J. Lo, Oprah, Charlize Theron....

I sure can relate to these people. I mean, Hollywood is TOUGH work.

Well come on... booking personal trainers for 8 hrs a day and then planning your face/butt lifts around that schedule is HARD.

Well come on... booking personal trainers for 8 hrs a day and then planning your face/butt lifts around that schedule is HARD.

Well, they don't actually do those things, they have their personal assistants do it for them. All they have to do is show up on time.

Well, they don't actually do those things, they have their personal assistants do it for them. All they have to do is show up on time.

hey, thats hard to do. i mean, yelling at your driver to go faster after you took so long putting on your expensive clothing and jewelry is tough

• Banned

True, good thing they have a limo and driver to help them out with that. Could you imagine the stress of trying to get somewhere on time AND having to drive there too....how DO they do it. :eusa_boohoo:

Really because Obama loves lobbyists. 138 million dollars worth infact.

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama often boasts he is "the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists," yet his fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show.
Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million for the Illinois senator's presidential race. Employees of their firms have given Obama's campaign $2.26 million, a USA TODAY analysis of campaign finance data shows

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-15-obama_N.htm

Joe Biden's son,Hunter, is also a Lobbyist...good thing he doesn't have to go to far to find one..

WASHINGTON - A son of Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden was paid an undisclosed amount of money as a consultant by MBNA, the largest employer in Delaware, during the years the senator supported legislation that was promoted by the credit card industry and opposed by consumer groups.

MBNA paid Biden son at critical time for bill - Yahoo! News

Really because Obama loves lobbyists. 138 million dollars worth infact.

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama often boasts he is "the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists," yet his fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show.
Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million for the Illinois senator's presidential race. Employees of their firms have given Obama's campaign $2.26 million, a USA TODAY analysis of campaign finance data shows

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-15-obama_N.htm

Joe Biden's son,Hunter, is also a Lobbyist...good thing he doesn't have to go to far to find one..

WASHINGTON - A son of Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden was paid an undisclosed amount of money as a consultant by MBNA, the largest employer in Delaware, during the years the senator supported legislation that was promoted by the credit card industry and opposed by consumer groups.

MBNA paid Biden son at critical time for bill - Yahoo! News

I am worried about your soul, you lie so much.

Obama has raised $374 million dollars through 1.5 million individual contributors. His the largest grassroots campaign in history.

Summary data for Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Forum List

Back