6. Demonology and Heartache - Atreyu
7. Composure - august burns red

Siberian Khantru..................Yes

Cowgirl In The Sand (10 min. vers.)........ Neil Young

Brown Eyes ....................... Fleetwood Mac

Toussaint L'Overture ........... Santana

A Day In The Life ............... The Beatles

Wooden Ships ................... Jefferson Airplane

In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed................... The Allman Brothers Band (Live at Filmore East)

Great memories from great music.

Last edited:
tin ears? I listen to jet engines all evening, I don't care to listen to more obnoxious noise after that. I don't like rap, soul, blue grass or country either. None of those sound good to my ears........ I'm sure my choices will be hated by some, I don't care, they're my ears and brain.:cool:

Last edited:
tin ears? I listen to jet engines all evening, I don't care to listen to more obnoxious noise after that. I don't like rap, soul, blue grass or country either. None of those sound good to my ears........ I'm sure my choices will be hated by some, I don't care, they're my ears and brain.:cool:

Abolutely.

There is no accounting for taste, sit. Bothering to defend you tastes to those who disagree disagreeably is a waste of your time.

FWIW, I thought your list would be an excellent investment of my time.

Wooden Ships, for example, is one of those haunting pieces of music that made JA the superstars they were.

Today (on the same album, I think) is another one of those evocative tunes.

I can give you top 100, not top 7 :)

But I like almost all genres - except metal.

1. Radiohead - There There /Wolf at the door
2. Outkast - B.O.B/Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain/Run DMC - Tricky
3. India.Arie - Video/Erykah Badu - On and On/Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop
4. Cansei De Ser Sexy - Music is my hot hot sex/believe achieve /MIA - 20 Dollar/Santogold - Les Artistes
5. Lou Reed - Perfect Day/Vicious/Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Do you Love me/Loverman/Red Right Hand
6. Wood Brothers - Chocolate on my Tongue
7. Trentemoller - Take me into your skin/Royksopp - Sparks/Sigur Ros - every single song they ever wrote
8. The Streets - Fit but you know it/Lilly Allen - Not Big/ Lady Sovereign - So Human

etc and so on... there's just no way for me to name them to my satisfaction without feeling I left something extremely important out... Music for me is pure joy, can't live without it... Yeah, and I love Depeche Mode too... and Beatles, Beach Boys, Buddy Guy, Ray Charles, Ella Fitzgerald, drum'n'base, dubstep, dub, reggae....

Serious question...why do people like metal?

Because it appeals to their state of mind and emotional age at that moment?

It's mostly a young man's genre, isn't it? Mostly it's angry music and what young man isn't angry?

I listened to plenty of it (back before it was called "metal" I think) back in the early 70's.

Remember James Gang, Black Sabbath, Zep?

They used to speak to me, for me, about me, too.

If it sounds good TO you, it is good FOR you.

When it comes to our personal music tastes, we are all the world's leading expert, and nobody else's opinion about our taste is meaningful or even insightful.

It's mostly a young man's genre, isn't it? Mostly it's angry music and what young man isn't angry?

I listened to plenty of it (back before it was called "metal" I think) back in the early 70's.

When it comes to our personal music tastes, we are all the world's leading expert, and nobody else's opinion about our taste is meaningful or even insightful.

How about Iron Butterfly? Inagottadavita!!! It was huge when I was just out of High School, loved it. I couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds of it today. It was called Heavy Metal.

Last edited:

How about Iron Butterfly? Inagottadavita!!! It was huge when I was just out of High School, loved it. I couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds of it today. It was called Heavy Metal.
Iron Butterfly was "Heavy Metal" before the term was even coined.

Abolutely.

There is no accounting for taste, sit. Bothering to defend you tastes to those who disagree disagreeably is a waste of your time.

Wooden Ships, for example, is one of those haunting pieces of music that made JA the superstars they were.

Wooden Ships is one of my favorite CS&N songs also.
Marty Balin was always a great vocalist, Today was one of his best. White Rabbit is pretty obvious but I have a couple of live versions that are wild as shit, they had a lot of fun with that song.

Last edited:

Yup!

Also, Born to be Wild, Sunshine of Your Love and, believe it or not, Chicago Transit Authority's (later named Chicago) first album, were all considered heavy metal, back then.

Seems to me the metal got a LOT heavier over time, so I suppose changing it from heavy metal to just plain old metal made sense.

Wait a minute...Didn't JA also do Wooden Ships in the Surrealistic Pillow album?

Perhaps not.

Hmmmm... damned alzheimers must be acting up again.

Abolutely.

Wooden Ships is also one of my favorite CS&N songs also. Marty Balin was always a great vocalist, Today was one of his best. White Rabbit is pretty obvious but I have a couple of live versions that are wild as shit, they had a lot of fun with that song.

Marty Balin by far out shined Grace Slick in vocals. I just wish he would have done more on his own than he did. Hearts was his biggest hit, I believe.

hanson.jpg

Why did you post a pic of Cindy, Jan and Marcia Brady? :confused:

That is NOT Marcia!

Forum List

Back