The misogyny narrative and American women

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I'm curious, how many American women have died in our nation's military conflicts over the past century and how many American men have died? Where are all the feminists begging to go on patrol in Afghanistan? LOL. It reminds me, there were certainly no feminists on the Titanic.

I'm curious, how many American women have died in our nation's military conflicts over the past century and how many American men have died? Where are all the feminists begging to go on patrol in Afghanistan? LOL. It reminds me, there were certainly no feminists on the Titanic.
The draft laws were written and passed by men, not women. There certainly were very few women in Congress at the time.
I'm sure that there are women serving in Afghanistan at this very moment. It also seems that whenever women might see action, there is some right-wing male jerk complaining about it. Somebody should ask them what they are bitching about and stop putting women in the middle of a fight between men. There are men who think that women should not serve in the military, and they are loud about it. And many of them are the same guys who don't think that women should have equal rights because they don't fight. I wish men would make up their minds.

Women were not allowed to serve in a combat role prior to the current century. For the record (you might want to do research before posting a thread, but I digress):

The Women Who Gave Their Lives

• Banned
Women were not allowed to serve in a combat role prior to the current century. For the record (you might want to do research before posting a thread, but I digress):

Which is precisely my point. Only men were sent to die. Nevertheless, the narrative is that American men are misogynistic against American women.

Women were not allowed to serve in a combat role prior to the current century.

Thank you for pointing this out. I am so tired of people being accusatory toward others who were legally and/or socially prevented from doing the very thing that they are being accused of doing or not doing. Our society has been very heavily segregated in all kinds of ways and for a long time. Hopefully we can get passed it.

• Banned
Women were not allowed to serve in a combat role prior to the current century.

Thank you for pointing this out. I am so tired of people being accusatory toward others who were legally and/or socially prevented from doing the very thing that they are being accused of doing or not doing. Our society has been very heavily segregated in all kinds of ways and for a long time. Hopefully we can get passed it.

Where is the movement of women clamoring to be permitted to patrol Afghanistan?

Only men were sent to die. Nevertheless, the narrative is that American men are misogynistic against American women.
Well, yes. Only men were sent to die, by other men, and many times for amazingly stupid reasons.
And yes, many American men are very misogynistic toward women.
These are two entirely separate issues.

Why would anyone want to? It's bog. A Bush bog.

Only men were sent to die. Nevertheless, the narrative is that American men are misogynistic against American women.
Well, yes. Only men were sent to die, by other men, and many times for amazingly stupid reasons.
And yes, many American men are very misogynistic toward women.
These are two entirely separate issues.

I think women have had it better than men. How many women died at Normandy? How about Iwo Jima? How about Okinawa?

Why would anyone want to? It's bog. A Bush bog.

Lol. Female privilege.

If it was bad policy, why didn't Obama pull us out?

What good would a woman do against some 265-lb, well-trained Nazi Ubermenschen in hand-to-hand combat?

Some things are common sense, dumbasses.

Combat is combat. Men do that better than women, end of story.

What good would a woman do against some 265-lb, well-trained Nazi Ubermenschen in hand-to-hand?

Some things are common sense, dumbasses.

That's not in dispute. I'm simply trying to point out that the misogyny narrative is horse shit, as evidenced by all of the American men who sacrificed their LIVES to protect, among others, American women.

Argh! I had this big uncle. He stormed Normandy beach, great guy. I wish could be like him more.

If he fell asleep watching TV, he'd fall into these nightmares and start crying and screaming.

Places like that, women do not belong.

I think women have had it better than men. How many women died at Normandy? How about Iwo Jima? How about Okinawa?
Women could not go to those places. By law. This has been explained.

Women could not go to those places. By law. This has been explained.

That's not in dispute. What IS in dispute, apparently, is that women have gotten a raw deal when, in fact, they're not the ones DYING for their own freedom. LOL.

Which is precisely my point. Only men were sent to die. Nevertheless, the narrative is that American men are misogynistic against American women.
Libs have trouble when it comes to facts.

I'm simply trying to point out that the misogyny narrative is horse shit, as evidenced by all of the American men who sacrificed their LIVES to protect, among others, American women.

That men have been killed in wars does not establish that misogyny does not exist. There is plenty of it here in the U.S. and in other countries. Snide men. Mocking men. Men who want to control our bodies. Men who push patriarchy. Sick men.

That men have been killed in wars does not establish that misogyny does not exist.

Misogyny may exist in small numbers just like female hatred of men exists in small numbers. Let me know when you ladies, who demand equal rights, start protesting to walk the front lines in Afghanistan. You obviously like being a victim.

Forum List

Back