The mind works in mysterious ways

[ QUOTE=JBeukema;3437398]
you assert that racism is an adaptive trait, but i can't believe that you really believe that. . . . .

Even Babies Discriminate: A Nu
rtureShock Excerpt. - Newsweek

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sociobiology-New-Synthesis-Twenty-Fifth-Anniversary/dp/0674002350]Amazon.com: Sociobiology: The New Synthesis, Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Edition (9780674002357): Edward O. Wilson: Books[/ame]

It all has to do with the ingroup
racism, simply and plainly is the sum total of the measures enacted and enforced by the white community
Right... only White people can be racist :cuckoo:

We know now that you are the real racist here[/QUOTE]

Wilson describes reality. not a fantasy world where everyone and every race behaves 'equally'

you assert that racism is an adaptive trait, but i can't believe that you really believe that. . . . .

Even Babies Discriminate: A NurtureShock Excerpt. - Newsweek

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sociobiology-New-Synthesis-Twenty-Fifth-Anniversary/dp/0674002350]Amazon.com: Sociobiology: The New Synthesis, Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Edition (9780674002357): Edward O. Wilson: Books[/ame]

racism, simply and plainly is the sum total of the measures enacted and enforced by the white community

We know now that you are the real racist here

I don't agree with this but it is a sort of utopian dream that it could be tested properly in the real world. Coming from large a family and knowing people across all classes and now having grandchildren with whom we spend much time, I will only offer a few observations that contradict above.

Children are naturally uncomfortable with any stranger, whether they be white green or pink. And even a family member who has not been seen for as short as a week early in life can be greeted as an outsider. And even here children vary greatly dependent on the circumstances in which they are raised and the social atmosphere.

None of our grandchildren (so far, two to four) react in any different manner to Blacks. This even surprised me, it was as if there were no real difference that they were aware of. The men or women who greeted them, touched them slightly or just smiled got back the same response as any other person. If the Black person was doing something, they were visually followed and observed just for the act, even if it was pushing a trash can in a food court or wherever and whatever. Much behavior is learned like a breath, but we fail to see that.

One black father I knew well had his first child late, he fawned over her as dads often do and when I was over for dinner told me she'd never leave dad's side for this white guy (joke). Within a short period no need to tell you, he was a bit surprised, but like all women, kids love me too. ;)

While I have other stories - behavior is learned, it is taken in like the frowns, reactions and quirks we all learn along with our language uses and our sense of the world. Then later it is formed into reasons, and examples abound that confirm the most sensible and the equally idiotic images and ideas that form us and we form.

PS I'd love to know how they tested a six month old? See my first comment above.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

>

Last edited:
racism is defined as a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

doesn't sound much like survival of the fittest to me!

But a group that offers itself up for subjugation is going to be worse off than a group that seeks to dominate... even if they dominate on an erroneous basis!

racism, simply and plainly is the sum total of the measures enacted and enforced by the white community against their black/brown brothers and sisters in order to maintain control of the land/kingdoms/peoples that they usurped around the world.

these measures includes a certain amount of self-deludement on the part of the oppressor in order to erase from him any feelings of accountability or immorality for the evils he has wrought upon our mother earth and her children.

Oh for God's sake. This is one part overwrought left-wing rhetoric and one part kooky psychobabble. "our mother earth and her children"? You want people to take you seriously?

And has it ever occurred to you that less-intelligent races do a fair amount of self-deluding themselves? Blacks are self-deluded if they think they could create a society identical to American society on their own.

ultimately these differences are to be transcended and that we all find a commonality in the All. . . .

perhaps it should be argued that certain evolutionary traits/changes will foster in one a detachment and dissociation from his purpose in life and his role in his global environment/community.

Nah. Other way around. I don't see evolution and creation as mutually exclusive. I try to harmonize them. Whoever God is, He didn't mean for us to ignore reality or the world He created. We disrespect His creation when we think we're smarter than it is. Right now, our left-wing bureaucrats think they can make "Soviet man" here in the U.S.: all groups equal. But they can't.

"Throw nature out with a pitchfork, and yet she returns."

Last edited:
Yet there's no evidence that negative associations with blacks are necessarily wrong. If you see a group of blacks coming at you on the street late at night, your "unconscious bias" might just save your white ass.

The more we understand about evolution, the more we come to see "racism" as a fiercely adaptive trait. The racists survive, the marshmallows die off.

Typical condescending behavior from a Liberal. "Even thought you said it I know you don't believe it because I'm so smart and know everything!"

He fucking said it and you have no comeback except to say he didn't mean it. Idiot.

incredible! you took one line from my entire response, and not only did you disregard the rest of my post, you misbrand me as a "liberal" ?!

i do not subscribe to any of the illusory, arbitrary ideologies of the Western paradigm. the well know "truths and liberties" that the founders of this country proclaimed and demanded for themselves in their documents were never intended to include myself or those who resemble me.

if you would consider with an open mind the messages that i post rather than preoccupying yourself with proving me wrong, or even attempting to humiliate me with insults and accusations you would understand that imy desire is truly for us all to work with not against each other.

this will require a certain readiness on your part to understand certain truths about history, modern [western] society, and yourself. until that time comes, though any attempt on my part to open your eyes to those truths will be fruitless, so i'm done arguing with you at this point. :redface:

Even Babies Discriminate: A NurtureShock Excerpt. - Newsweek

did you READ the article you posted up here???

From the newsweek article:

It was no surprise that in a liberal city like Austin, every parent was a welcoming multiculturalist, embracing diversity. But according to Vittrup's entry surveys, hardly any of these white parents had ever talked to their children directly about race. They might have asserted vague principles—like "Everybody's equal" or "God made all of us" or "Under the skin, we're all the same"—but they'd almost never called attention to racial differences.

They wanted their children to grow up colorblind. But Vittrup's first test of the kids revealed they weren't colorblind at all. Asked how many white people are mean, these children commonly answered, "Almost none." Asked how many blacks are mean, many answered, "Some," or "A lot." Even kids who attended diverse schools answered the questions this way.

More disturbing, Vittrup also asked all the kids a very blunt question: "Do your parents like black people?" Fourteen percent said outright, "No, my parents don't like black people"; 38 percent of the kids answered, "I don't know." In this supposed race-free vacuum being created by parents, kids were left to improvise their own conclusions—many of which would be abhorrent to their parents.

some things that i found to be very interesting were that ALL of the families who participated in the study were liberals, and WHITE liberals at that! the fact that the children involved in the study all came from families that i'm ceratin would consider themselves to be non racist ("they wanted their children to grow up colorblind"), but the children themselves still exhibited what may be called discriminatory tendencies. . .

the implications here are very serious. and they confirm a point that i have raised several times here: though predjudice and racism are all no longer FASHIONABLE in america they are still alive and well. the only difference between today's discrimination and that of yesteryear is that today's predjudice is manifest in more subtle ways that need no detailing here.

the children undoubtedly gave answers based on the impressions that they formed based on their parents' conduct toward other races OUTSIDE of the lip-service that they pay to the public necessity for political correctness

these impressions are in no way natural or inherent. the historical record will show that while unrest and discord was always present on earth, the brown races of the world were always willing to trade and mingle with other cultures for the collective benefit it would provide.

your mentality and your descendants' mentality is the result of years of conditioning and misrepresentation of your history and yourself. . . . .

nor did i intend to imply that racism was a vice limited to whites only. i was referring to racism at is related to our argument here, in this thread.

the historical record will show that while unrest and discord was always present on earth, the brown races of the world were always willing to trade and mingle with other cultures for the collective benefit it would provide.

How nice of them!

Now if only we could wipe out those pesky non-brown races, we'd have utopia on Earth.

We elected a President in 2008 based on his skin color alone. Maybe this time we won't do that.

So President Obama won the election because whites, who are the overwhelming majority, voted for a candidate just because he was black? Why?

Watch some youtube videos that show interviews of who some voters were voting for and why. Many of them, mostly Whites, said they were voting for Obama because they think it is time we have a 'Black' President. Most didn't even know what Obama stood for or what any of his views were. They just simply wanted to vote for him based on the fact that he is Black.

Last edited:
We elected a President in 2008 based on his skin color alone. Maybe this time we won't do that.

So President Obama won the election because whites, who are the overwhelming majority, voted for a candidate just because he was black? Why?

Watch some youtube videos that show interviews of who some voters were voting for and why. Many of them, mostly Whites, said they were voting for Obama because they think it is time we have a 'Black' President. Most didn't even know what Obama stood for or what any of his views were. They just simply wanted to vote for him based on the fact that he is Black.

We could also easily round up youtube videos that anecdotally show tea partiers to be ignorant and horribly racist. Does that make it a reasonable generalization? :dunno:

We could also easily round up youtube videos that anecdotally show tea partiers to be ignorant and horribly racist. Does that make it a reasonable generalization? :dunno:

I know there are many ignorant and racist tea partiers, however, there are also many ignorant and racist Liberals, Conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, Right wingers, Left wingers, etc.... You can find them in all groups. Just because some in a group are ignorant and racist don't mean the group is based on ignorance and racism. ;)

Your response tells me that you didn't even get what my point was. Instead you went off into a different direction than what is being discussed.

My point is that many Blacks and Whites alike DID vote for him just because he is Black. That is not generalizing.

I think it nearly impossible for a person who was raised in the USA not to have some residual racist tendencies.

After all, if your society recognizes race as something worthy of note, you're going to have absorbed that tendency regardless of what you might think about the issue of race consciously.

When a person can walk into a room and nobody even notices that the person is Black or White, THEN racism will not be part of the background radiation of that society.

That's not going to happen in our lifetimes, but it could happen eventually.

I think it nearly impossible for a person who was raised in the USA not to have some residual racist tendencies.

After all, if your society recognizes race as something worthy of note, you're going to have absorbed that tendency regardless of what you might think about the issue of race consciously.

When a person can walk into a room and nobody even notices that the person is Black or White, THEN racism will not be part of the background radiation of that society.

That's not going to happen in our lifetimes, but it could happen eventually.

Only way that would ever happen is if the entire population was blind.

Forum List

Back