The Mind of Franklin Roosevelt

Can you imagine if The Manhattan Project had been pitched to Republicans with their aversion to science?

Thank god we had a forward thinker like FDR

"May 16, 1940 was the very first indication that he knew what was coming.

Get it?

He was clueless as you are."

Who is the clueless one?
This is what happens when PoliticalChic gets to wrapped up in her cherry picked cut and paste. She just becomes really stupid.

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?
This is what happens when PoliticalChic gets to wrapped up in her cherry picked cut and paste. She just becomes really stupid.

He became President in 1933.

Took him 8 years to get a clue....

...you...still clueless.

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

lol ... I don't read past the first couple of lines of a PC post; I'm clearly missing out on a lot of comedy.

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

lol ... I don't read past the first couple of lines of a PC post; I'm clearly missing out on a lot of comedy.

I am unaware of anyone who reads what she posts

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

Well, no....but it does tend to explain why you are as abysmally as stupid as you are.

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

Hard to fathom the vast number of things of which you are unaware.....

...I believe the number approaches Avagadro's Number.

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

a mole?

mole11.jpg

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

a mole?

mole11.jpg

I grieve for you dopes....even you know that everything I post is true, yet you race to sell your souls for the megalomaniac, Roosevelt.

Get it?

Who is the clueless one?

a mole?

mole11.jpg

I grieve for you dopes....even you know that everything I post is true, yet you race to sell your souls for the megalomaniac, Roosevelt.
So have we been promoted to dopes and nothing more or are we still commies?

a mole?

mole11.jpg

Worse.
"....you race to sell your souls for the megalomaniac, Roosevelt."

Politichick claims to be a mom. A mom who's posted 40,000 times while kids eat twinkies and spend hours on cartoon network.

That's like five posts a day.

But, as it takes you an hour or two to compose your two-sentence post, I can see how worrisome for one of your ability.

But thanks for your concern.....unless that was a thinly veiled objection to me posting at all.....

Hmmmm....I smell fear, JasonIQFree.....

a mole?

mole11.jpg

Worse.
"....you race to sell your souls for the megalomaniac, Roosevelt."
What nonsense.

1. FDR did very little for the Army either with its size or weapons and during the 1930s, his defense budgets were cut to the bone.
  2. To quote George Marshall's words to FDR in May 1940: "If you don't do something...and do it right away, I don't know what is going to happen to this country". FDR had underestimated the Japanese and the Pearl Harbor attack devastated the American Navy and exposed the president's incompetence.
FDR put the limited funds available into developing the weapons that would be used to win the war. The bombers and fighter aircraft used in WWII were developed and aircraft factories tooled for production under the guidance of FDR so that when funds became available production began immediately. The same was done with Navel ships, including the production of the first two modern Essex class carriers. FDR correctly assessed how the coming war would have to be fought years before it began and began a doctrine that is with us to this day. Concentrate and focus on developing the highest tech most advanced weapons possible. That is what he did in the 1930's.
The Pearl Harbor attack did not devastate the American Navy. FDR had once again assessed the situation correctly. Battleships were becoming obsolete with the arrival of the aircraft carrier. The era of aircraft carriers being the dominate force of the seas had arrived. Japanese and German battleships were quickly taken out of action or forced to be hidden because of their weakness against aircraft.
Essex class carriers brought under development and production by FDR continued to serve the US Navy into the 1960's.

You'll say anything to defend him, huh?

Now explain why George Marshall would confront the most powerful man in the world, and insult him with "If you don't do something, and do it right a way....."

You're really a dunce.
Marshall was right....we had a weak military

Roosevelt built him the strongest military on earth

No....private industry built it.
And
What nonsense.

1. FDR did very little for the Army either with its size or weapons and during the 1930s, his defense budgets were cut to the bone.
  2. To quote George Marshall's words to FDR in May 1940: "If you don't do something...and do it right away, I don't know what is going to happen to this country". FDR had underestimated the Japanese and the Pearl Harbor attack devastated the American Navy and exposed the president's incompetence.
FDR put the limited funds available into developing the weapons that would be used to win the war. The bombers and fighter aircraft used in WWII were developed and aircraft factories tooled for production under the guidance of FDR so that when funds became available production began immediately. The same was done with Navel ships, including the production of the first two modern Essex class carriers. FDR correctly assessed how the coming war would have to be fought years before it began and began a doctrine that is with us to this day. Concentrate and focus on developing the highest tech most advanced weapons possible. That is what he did in the 1930's.
The Pearl Harbor attack did not devastate the American Navy. FDR had once again assessed the situation correctly. Battleships were becoming obsolete with the arrival of the aircraft carrier. The era of aircraft carriers being the dominate force of the seas had arrived. Japanese and German battleships were quickly taken out of action or forced to be hidden because of their weakness against aircraft.
Essex class carriers brought under development and production by FDR continued to serve the US Navy into the 1960's.

You'll say anything to defend him, huh?

Now explain why George Marshall would confront the most powerful man in the world, and insult him with "If you don't do something, and do it right a way....."

You're really a dunce.
Marshall was right....we had a weak military

Roosevelt built him the strongest military on earth

Consistently wrong, due to both your bias and your lack of education.

Luckily for you, I'm hear.

1. No, not Roosevelt....private industry built said military.....as I showed in post #111

2. Until mid May of 1940 Roosevelt spent his energy attacking capitalism.....then he had to grovel.

Private industry marshaled all the manufacturing resources of the Uniited States and centered it on military production?

No, Roosevelt did that
The nation was isolationist inclined and FDR had a hell of a time gearing it up for a potential war.
New factories to manufacture war materials were going up all the nation, before and after Pearl Harbor. The new factories and the old, made America the arsenal. True the new ones were owned by private companies but government money built them. Would Dodge, for example, have created a new plant in Ill. to build B29 engines unless they had a deal with the government for funds? And the first peace time draft (one year) that FDR pushed in 1940 almost expired after the year, but finally the Congress renewed it by one vote a couple of months before Pearl Harbor.

Forum List

Back