The mind and reality

The major issue with this is that if the mind is nothing but reflections with varying perceptions, then every single statement one makes, which is based on what one knows, is subjective, even the statement that all statements are subjective, which is an infinite regress of contradictions.

I think that is all the higher brain is. It uses sensory input to develop itself into a "surviving" entity. After survival it needs something to entertain it so it develops a "drama".

I am assuming that by saying yes you have a third option. For you cannot ascent to both for they are mutually exclusive in and of themselves.

I think that is all the higher brain is. It uses sensory input to develop itself into a "surviving" entity. After survival it needs something to entertain it so it develops a "drama".
And your brain told you this? How can you trust it if it's claims are based on entertainment and survival, not on truth?

I am assuming that by saying yes you have a third option. For you cannot ascent to both for they are mutually exclusive in and of themselves.

They most certainly are not. Reconciling Rationalism and Empiricism is hardly a novel concept.

And your brain told you this? How can you trust it if it's claims are based on entertainment and survival, not on truth?

Nothing can be trusted. I'm merely guessing.

Truth can be trusted, but models of knowledge, i.e. epistemic theories that promote an inner and outer world of ontology, cannot be trusted.

No, they aren't. Kant took care of this for you over 200 years ago. Try to keep up.
Not at all. Kant demonstrated that Hume's views on causality, ethics, etc., ignored the possibility that they stem from categories of the mind that are static and fixed.

You need to read more than the back cover of the book. Do yourself a favor and actually study Kant seriously. You'll find it very interesting.

If you don't have time for formal education on the topic, look into Constructivism. You can probably find some material online and try to understand it as best you can.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back