The Milk Wars: Should Milk Be Taken Off the School-Lunch Menu?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The war on milk has shifted fronts. First it was sugar-laden chocolate milk, which parents and school administrators battled in recent years to remove from school-lunch menus. Now, it’s plain old moo that’s under fire.

On Thursday, a national doctors group petitioned the U.S. government to remove milk as a required food group from the National School Lunch Program, the federally assisted program that has provided lunch to millions of public school kids since 1946. The doctors’ reasoning: milk doesn’t help protect kids’ bones.

Read more: Should Milk Be Removed From School Lunches? | Healthland | TIME.com

Enough already. :mad:

Comments?

Kids can be given calcium supplements to replace milk. Take the presidebt's advice, just take a pill.

The world is upside down in the liberal mind. They advocate doping school kids with all sorts of stuff to quiet them down and alter their minds and they support secret abortions for underage girls but they decided that milk is bad.

However, there is one food that has it all: the one that keeps babies alive. "The only food that provides all the nutrients that humans need is human milk," Hattner said. "Mother's milk is a complete food. We may add some solid foods to an infant's diet in the first year of life to provide more iron and other nutrients, but there is a little bit of everything in human milk."

Technically, adults could survive on human milk, too, she said; the sticking point would be finding a woman who is willing to provide it (and enough of it). Lacking that option, the second-best choice would be mammalian milk, especially if it is fermented. "Yogurt, which is fermented milk, has a lot of bacteria that is good for the digestive tract," Hattner said.

What If I Only Ate One Type of Food? | What Would Happen If You Only Eat Your Favorite Food? | Diet & Nutrition | LiveScience

Of course liberals find milk bad. Milk comes from cows and the environmentalists intend to get rid of cows. That means finding cows bad, milk bad and meat bad.

Of course liberals find milk bad. Milk comes from cows and the environmentalists intend to get rid of cows. That means finding cows bad, milk bad and meat bad.
Not true. I eat fruits and vegetables, beef, chicken, fish and pork.

Raw milk (which won't be served to our little kiddies) is better, but I'm doing just fine without it. Here's a good article about Pasteurized Milk:
Pasteurized milk 150 times more contaminated with blood, pus and feces than fresh milk - videos the CDC won't show you

Too many people died from raw milk which is why it was pasturized in the first place.

Too many people died from raw milk which is why it was pasturized in the first place.
CDC admits not a single person has died from consuming raw milk products in 11 years
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) refuses to acknowledge that, based on all available statistics, raw milk produced on clean, small-scale farms is actually far safer than pasteurized milk from factory farms.
Pasteurization just means that it can be left unclean for long distance transport from Mega Agra-Business.

Local farms are the solution.

The US is about the only country in the world that drinks milk as a regular part of our diet. We're fat and don't exactly have the highest age for average life span world wide. I think the rest of the world is on to something.
I drink Soy Milk, which is much, much healthier.

I don't drink milk - not for any "health" purpose, simply because I don't like the taste of it, and I'm slightly lactose intolerant - but studies have shown that bovine milk isn't actually that healthy for humans.

Forum List

Back