The military vote....

Originally posted by Gop guy
Do any of you guys think that our brave men and women in uniform will by his internationalist weakling rethoric?

Based on my daily contacts with lots of active duty Army types, my guess would be somewhere between ten and twenty percent. The rest have demonstrated that they are smart enough to be promoted to some rank higher than E1.

i doubt bush will get as much of the military vote as he did in 2000. but he will still get the majority more than likely.

and btw, i know quite a few damn good e-2's and above (mostly e-6's and above and officers) who won't be voting for bush this time around.

you shouldn't insult someone's intelligence because they plan to vote for someone you don't like. that's sad, you sound just like the michael moore cheerleaders who jeer, sneer and boo people who don't like kerry. just as juvenile and counterproductive.

There are a few soldiers I know who are not voting for Bush because of the WOT and its length, its effect on their lives, etc. But I think 75-80% of the military vote will be Bush's.

it will be interesting to say the least. i think a good number of folks who traditionally voted democrat or republican will be switching up this fall.

i didn't mean to be negative, i just hate to see people insult other's intelligence because of something stupid like voting or supporting a candidate, especially when some of the people insulted are those i work for and respect.

from an argument i saw on another website... a great point we all should take note of (argument was in reference to novak's comments about clinton and whitewater on Meet The Press)
Novak is a clown, but more and more the entire level of discourse in this country is going down the tubes, and I would suggest the effectiveness of our politics, and the quality of our security and livelihood, along with it.

posted by: Jimm at July 2, 2004 08:45 PM

i wholeheartedly agree.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
you shouldn't insult someone's intelligence because they plan to vote for someone you don't like. that's sad, you sound just like the michael moore cheerleaders who jeer, sneer and boo people who don't like kerry. just as juvenile and counterproductive.

Give it a rest with the politcally correct tripe.

I clearly identified my remarks as opinion and if I want to engage in a little semi-humorous hyperbole to make my point I should be able to get away with it without sanctimonious whining from you and I don't need your approval, much less your permission.

So if you want to be a critic, first try to find someone who gives a hoot about your opinion regarding the quality of their posts.

Good luck with that.

And just a quick post-script so you know to whom you're whining, I retired after 25 years of service in the Army.

Well, if military support for Bush is going to run 80 %, Kerry & Co. had better get busy figuring out how to exclude those votes. Perhaps Al Gore could lend a hand....

welll that's nice you're a 25 year veteran (my parents are as well) but you insulting the intelligence of people who don't like your pick who happen to be higher than e-1 is pretty pathetic.

i'm just pointing that out, i really dont' give a damn if other people like it or not. i'm tired of people ruining this country with that kind of cheap, counterproductive rhetoric.

i doubt bush will get as much of the military vote as he did in 2000. but he will still get the majority more than likely.

and btw, i know quite a few damn good e-2's and above (mostly e-6's and above and officers) who won't be voting for bush this time around.

I don't normally insult Kerry supporters, just Kerry and liberalism in general.

welll that's nice you're a 25 year veteran (my parents are as well) but you insulting the intelligence of people who don't like your pick who happen to be higher than e-1 is pretty pathetic.

i'm just pointing that out, i really dont' give a damn if other people like it or not. i'm tired of people ruining this country with that kind of cheap, counterproductive rhetoric.

It wasn't rhetoric. It was a case of intentional overstatement intended to be semi-funny and NOT intended to be taken seriously.

If you weren't such an up tight, humorless, politically-correct weenie you might have noticed that.

Now shut the hell up and don't bother me any more, junior.

Forum List

Back