The Middle East Is Exploding. What Are The Causes And What Can We Expect?

What can we expect? To understand what is going to happen, you have to be familiar with the Quran. These "democratic" movements for freedom, understandibly want freedom from the oppression by the autocratic dictatorships that have suppressed them for so long, however, their idea of freedom isn't what a free secular western society would consider a democracy. Once rid of the dictators, the nations will become more Islamic and freedom, well, for those who are not Muslim, bend over, 'cause you're gonna get it in the rear. An example are the Palestinians. They freely voted for leadership to rid themselved of the corruption of Fatah, but "freely" voted in a known terrorist organization (Hamas). Now, women are oppressed and forced to abide by Islamic edicts.
Egypt is short of both foods and water and is primarily a desert nation, as is most of northern Africa. Getting rid of Mubarek won't change their situation. The basic problem is that there are too many humans (because of religious ideology) for the land to support. So, no matter who takes over the reins in Egypt, he will not solve their problem. Unless they adopt a strict policy of one child per family, like China (and they certainly won't because of nonsense religious dogma), their problem of expensive foods and water shortages will continue.

5000 years of history is difficult to sum up within a single post.

But sum it up as neatly as possible. Human nature and corruption are the causes.

What can we expect? I suppose that depends how far along in the process we are looking. In the immediate future: Chaos, death, higher gas prices.

Long term: Christ returns, freedom, peace

The US blew it with the invasion of Iraq plus their help turning Iraq into a right wing Islamic Theocracy. Not to mention the million or so Christians living in Iraq that have disappeared. The best thing the US can do for the Middle East is "leave".

That would be quite easy if you stop demonizing American oil and allow us to drill at home instead of constantly relying on oil from the region.

But my guess is you think that idea horrible and will do anything to stand in the way of that.

map-s.jpg

If you've been watching the news at all you know that Egypt is in chaos. Tunisia has already fallen. People want freedom in the Middle East and are going out and protesting by the thousands. This is the same freedom that we gave Iraq and Afghanistan, but as usual there is nothing to fill the void other then Islam.

So what does this all mean? Why is it happening now and how will effect us in this country?

The price of oil is going to double this year if this doesn't come under control. Thanks to Obama we can't drill here anymore so this rioting is going to effect us even more then it would have before he became President. Thanks to the drilling ban we're more dependent on foreign oil then ever before. It's also become known that Obama knew Egypt was leaning toward this as well. Why would he allow us to get into this state at this time? It just seems like this Administration is ether ill-prepared or hoping for this to happen. It seems like one disaster after another besets this White House and all they do is ignore them.

LINKS
Did US back the rebels in Egypt?
Oil prices going up
Looters smash priceless artifacts

I think WE will see unrest if Obama doesn't come to his senses...but then he won't so PREPARE YOURSELVES citizens...

The US blew it with the invasion of Iraq plus their help turning Iraq into a right wing Islamic Theocracy. Not to mention the million or so Christians living in Iraq that have disappeared. The best thing the US can do for the Middle East is "leave".

Yup, leave and nuke them from orbit.:eusa_angel:

map-s.jpg

If you've been watching the news at all you know that Egypt is in chaos. Tunisia has already fallen. People want freedom in the Middle East and are going out and protesting by the thousands. This is the same freedom that we gave Iraq and Afghanistan, but as usual there is nothing to fill the void other then Islam.

So what does this all mean? Why is it happening now and how will effect us in this country?

The price of oil is going to double this year if this doesn't come under control. Thanks to Obama we can't drill here anymore so this rioting is going to effect us even more then it would have before he became President. Thanks to the drilling ban we're more dependent on foreign oil then ever before. It's also become known that Obama knew Egypt was leaning toward this as well. Why would he allow us to get into this state at this time? It just seems like this Administration is ether ill-prepared or hoping for this to happen. It seems like one disaster after another besets this White House and all they do is ignore them.

LINKS
Did US back the rebels in Egypt?
Oil prices going up
Looters smash priceless artifacts

I think WE will see unrest if Obama doesn't come to his senses...but then he won't so PREPARE YOURSELVES citizens...

Obama is smart enough not to give us enough at one time to bitch about. However he has prepared troops to put down food riots and he has empty prisons all over the US to be filled with protesters if needed.

Yeah here's the problem.

The citizens of Egypt, thanks to the shamocracy, have never really had any outlets for the political ambitions OTHER THAN the collective power surrounding the Mosque.

It isn't like those people on the streets could meet and have political discussions, ya know.

The only place they could gather and discuss their society was in the Mosque.

So does it really surprise us that of the protestors the religious protestors are the most organized?

We helped make that Egyptian bed, so now we're going to have lie in it.

Depends totally on the angle of view.

so give us your angle....i would truly like to hear what you think will happen...many of the protests in countries are supportive of the egyptain protesters but they will begin pressing their own leaders...and leave a void to be filled..who is going to step up to that void...look at what democracy has done to iraq...are the common people better off? no. but its your turn

The Iraqi people are no better off, but you forget the simple fact that they are no longer a threat to their neighbors anymore.

But that's not what you're concerned about, are you?

I suppose you want them all to have their abortions and their free health care. Who cares that they aren't making bombs and shit anymore.

mudd i love how you insist on putting words in my posts that are not there...i was thinking more of their living standards......basic needs...food, clean water, basic survival.....but you need to go off on your right wing rant

That would be quite easy if you stop demonizing American oil and allow us to drill at home instead of constantly relying on oil from the region.

But my guess is you think that idea horrible and will do anything to stand in the way of that.

Simple geological fact. We have about 3% of the world's reserves in liquid oil. We consume 25% of the world's oil. The world wide production of oil is at or near the peak. Any more will require the mining of oil sands and oil shales. Both very energy intensive and expensive.

As for Christ coming back and saving your ass from our collecvtive insanity, just another way to avoid facing reality.

so give us your angle....i would truly like to hear what you think will happen...many of the protests in countries are supportive of the egyptain protesters but they will begin pressing their own leaders...and leave a void to be filled..who is going to step up to that void...look at what democracy has done to iraq...are the common people better off? no. but its your turn

The Iraqi people are no better off, but you forget the simple fact that they are no longer a threat to their neighbors anymore.

But that's not what you're concerned about, are you?

I suppose you want them all to have their abortions and their free health care. Who cares that they aren't making bombs and shit anymore.

mudd i love how you insist on putting words in my posts that are not there...i was thinking more of their living standards......basic needs...food, clean water, basic survival.....but you need to go off on your right wing rant

Ol' Mud cannot see anything but the view from his alternative reality.

We are reaping what we have always reaped. We have propped this regime up for years. Every time in history that we have installed and supported a dictator we have failed and we don't learn. This guy is a crook and has been stealing from his people and us for years and they are tired of it. We are not getting what we paid for, big surprise.

The internet is having the same effect that the printing press had in prior centuries. Just several orders of magnitude faster. Instead of a centuries, it is acting in decades. Going to be an interesting ride for you younger people. I am quite sure that Guttenberg and the rest of the early pioneers that created the printing presses did not foresee the effects of the dissemination of knowledge. And I am quite sure that no one today is seeing the whole picture on how the internet will eventually create new politics, not only in nations like Tunisia and Egypt, but right here at home.

One thing for sure, there will be plenty to discuss. With the changing climate, and the consequences of that for agriculture, combined with the steep rise in energy prices, we are going to see interesting times.

We are reaping what we have always reaped. We have propped this regime up for years. Every time in history that we have installed and supported a dictator we have failed and we don't learn. This guy is a crook and has been stealing from his people and us for years and they are tired of it. We are not getting what we paid for, big surprise.

While I agree, I also want to point out that we really had very little choice but to support the leadership of that nation.

It served our national interests and that of our ally Israel to support Mubarak's shamocracy.

But now that the people of Egypt are in the streets calling for his removal from power, it would probably serve our interests to stay the hell out of it until the people of Egypt arrive as their own solution.

WE might, if we have sense, forge some understanding with Mubarak's opposition if we're able to do so, just in case.

And keep the Egyptian military leaders close to us is, also, I think a damned good idea.

I think if we too clearly stand behind Mubarak we're going to end up, as we did in Iran, backing the wrong horse.

The causes are no jobs and no freedom.

The solution is democracy.

The vast majority of these countries people are under 30.

They have internet and want a more secular and free life.

They want to be more western not more radical Muslim.

Source?

]Vox Populi in Egypt—Caliphate Dreams and Strict Sharia

January 28th, 2011 by Andrew Bostom

A sobering reminder—based upon hard data—from an essay of mine published in April, 2007:American Thinker: The Muslim Mainstream and the New Caliphate

In a rigorously conducted face-to-face University of Maryland/ WorldPublicOpinion.org interview survey of 1000 Egyptian Muslims conducted between December 9, 2006 and February 15, 2007, 67% of those interviewed-more than 2/3, hardly a “fringe minority”-desired this outcome (i.e., “To unify all Islamic countries into a single Islamic state or Caliphate”).

The internal validity of these data about the present longing for a Caliphate is strongly suggested by a concordant result: 74% of this Muslim sample approved the proposition “To require a strict [emphasis added] application of Shari’a law in every Islamic country.”

You can look at the numbers yourself In Egypt 56 % agree with the states goals of " Al queda"
75% believe a strict appical of Sharia law is required in every muslim country
82 % believe democracy is good
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/apr07/START_Apr07_rpt.pdf

How do you figure they want more Western? are the people in Egypt over throwing Mubarak to have Starbucks and Popeyes Chicken? I doubt it.

How do you figure they want more Western? are the people in Egypt over throwing Mubarak to have Starbucks and Popeyes Chicken? I doubt it.

The Egyptian people will have to put in a great deal of hard work and wait for some years before they will, hopefully, begin to enjoy the fruits of the Revolution of January 2011. This revolution is not peaceful, many Egyptians are dying, being injured and having their livelihood destroyed by the destructive elements amongst this popular uprising. That is a pity, even if it is inevitable. History proves that one can beg freedom, but that freedom usually comes hard fought.

The Egyptians cannot and should not look to America to free them from the Regime of President Mubarak. The people are quite able to free themselves. The more complex and fraught issue is that of what they will replace this Regime with and how long it will take for Egypt to regain her stability and the security of the Egyptian State.

Yes, Mubarak needs to step aside if that is what the people want, but the cost of having a power vacuum might prove exceptionally costly to the Egyptian people. The current euphoria could quickly be replaced by conflict between different political factions in Egypt, with the ordinary people having to pay the price. Seems more prudent to have change under a peaceful transitional process.

Bruce Riedel has posted an essay called "Don’t fear Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood," the classic, conventional-wisdom response to the crisis in Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood is just fine, he’d have you believe, no need to worry. After all, the Brothers have even renounced violence!

One might wonder how an organization can be thought to have renounced violence when it has inspired more jihadists than any other, and when its Palestinian branch, the Islamic Resistance Movement, is probably more familiar to you by the name Hamas — a terrorist organization committed by charter to the violent destruction of Israel. Indeed, in recent years, the Brotherhood (a.k.a., the Ikhwan) has enthusiastically praised jihad and even applauded — albeit in more muted tones — Osama bin Laden. None of that, though, is an obstacle for Mr. Riedel, a former CIA officer who is now a Brookings scholar and Obama administration national-security adviser. Following the template the progressive (and bipartisan) foreign-policy establishment has been sculpting for years, his “no worries” conclusion is woven from a laughably incomplete history of the Ikhwan.

Revolutions are, by their very nature, not peaceful. The MB are really looking towards Western philosophy? Far from it.

By his account, Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna "preached a fundamentalist Islamism and advocated the creation of an Islamic Egypt, but he was also open to importing techniques of political organization and propaganda from Europe that rapidly made the Brotherhood a fixture in Egyptian politics." What this omits, as I recount in The Grand Jihad, is that terrorism and paramilitary training were core parts of Banna’s program. It is by leveraging the resulting atmosphere of intimidation that the Brotherhood’s "politics" have achieved success. The Ikhwan's activist organizations follow the same program in the United States, where they enjoy outsize political influence because of the terrorist onslaught.

Click

Interesting times indeed. I hope for the least violence in this transition. A Democratic process where all parties have their voices, but this is not even close to a given.

The Causes are western imperialism and the conservative ideal of concentrating wealth into a small number of hands.

This is what happens every single time that you do that.

Actually..they want a greater piece of the pie.

Actually..they want a greater piece of the pie.

Oh I'm sure they do, however I disagree strongly with Truth Matters statement that the Egyptians want to be more Western, America is not looked upon very highly among regular Egyptians.

so give us your angle....
My general 'angle' is, that relations between USA and Arab societies is beyond repair.
If Arab societies achieve to place representative governments into place through a real democratic system, the USA will find people in power who won't win any elections by being cooperative with the USA.

These countries haven't achieved to emancipate from the post-WW1 system which has ruled this area since then. USA is the successor of the Brits/French.

strollingbones said:
who is going to step up to that void
That's for the people to decide. Nothing else matters.

No thanks to our media and our Democrats.

Whatever happened to all the goodwill our President was gonna garner when he kissed the collective Muslim ass in Cairo a couple of years ago?

Forum List

Back