The middle class is being wiped out

How does the rich paying more in taxes help the middle class? My paycheck doesn't go up because my boss pays more in taxes.

Your taxes will not rise, or they may come down if the rich are paying more.

Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Most likely the extra revenue will just go to more wasteful spending.

The government spends only what a democratically elected Congress approves. That is why very little of the government spending that can be described as wasteful. The right-wing propaganda wants you to believe that everything that the government spends is a waste, but those are lies.

Obama got most of what he wanted. Why didn't he fight to extend the payroll tax holiday? I don't even recall him making that much of an objective during the 2012 campaign.

Links?

Trolls like you don't deserve links. Everyone knows that Democrats would prefer to raise taxes on the rich, but they had to give up something so the Republicans would vote for the cliff deal.

I'll take that as further proof that you have nothing to back up your assertion.

I'm not going to jump through the hoops each time a fucking troll demands a proof that water is wet.

This clearly demands there be more taxes on the rich, more stimulus spending, and more social subsidies in these desperate times. Interventionist central planners to the rescue !

Course the brainwashed dupes now believe ANY spending is wasteful- the reason why we still haven't recovered. We're better off than anywhere else- how's the austerity in Europe working?

Last edited:

Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Most likely the extra revenue will just go to more wasteful spending.

The government spends only what a democratically elected Congress approves. That is why very little of the government spending that can be described as wasteful. The right-wing propaganda wants you to believe that everything that the government spends is a waste, but those are lies.

It's more a matter of personal opinion. But there are some things that should be easily agreed upon as wasteful. Paying elected officials $174,000 a year to bitch at each other, take half the year off, and accomplish little to nothing, is wasteful. Giving tax breaks and loopholes to promote social engineering is wasteful. Having over 600 bases on foreign soil is wasteful.

And there is also a lot of pork spending that goes unnoticed by the people who elect these representatives, since the pork is always buried inside some 2,000 page bill that no one in their right mind would take the time to read.

Oh, there's plenty of waste. To say otherwise is borderline delusional.

The ultra wealthy cant be more excited to hear this. The middle class is looked upon as nothing but a hindrance to them. Get them out of the way its clear sailing.

The ultra wealthy cant be more excited to hear this. The middle class is looked upon as nothing but a hindrance to them. Get them out of the way its clear sailing.

Oh Puh-leeze.

You moonbats need to get your stories straight. On the one hand, you all claim that the Ultra Wealthy get rich by exploiting workers. And now you are saying that the middle class (workers) are a hindrance.

Things are only getting worse under Obama....is this the "transformation" that he spoke of....?

It is not Obama, you moron. This what the trickle-down economics has been doing to this country for the past 30 years:

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

While your contention that we have been in slow decline since FDR, obama and his destructive policies have simply cranked a huge dose of nitrous into the system.

One minute the conservative mantra du jour is about Obama's alleged embrace of some kind of 'Marxist-based class warfare against the rich in favor of the middle classes who Obama is supposedly pandering to in order to stir up class resentment.

Next thing we know, Obama is supposedly trying to destroy the Middle Class.

and your problem with this is.....?

I guess I have a problem with people and organizations who exploit a cavalcade of irrational fears in others...for fun, or profit, or for other motivations which have nothing whatsoever to do with solving problems or getting America back on track.

What are some of the other latest manifestations of this tired, worn out, tendency?

There's the fear that Obama is going to try to take away everyone's guns. I guess that's been great for gun sales (for years now) and NRA fund raising.

And then there's the fear I heard recently that Obamacare was designed specifically to fail so a single payer system can be put in place.

There's so many. The numbers underscore the gullibility of people in general.

If you honestly meant this statement (see highlighted), you would be up in arms about all the government fear-mongering and how they use that fear to strong-arm the electorate into "accepting" their bullshit, self-gratifying policies.

so your beef is the middle class banks were "screwing college students"........?

what about the government screwing the taxpayers.....?

or the government screwing the free market.....?

you have a very selective biased position...

They sure were, that's a fact! Not reported on your media, of course.Then you come back with MORE pure BS LOL.

exactly how were the private bankers "screwing college students".....? most of them sold their loans to Sallie Mae (the Govt.) anyway....and in turn guaranteed more loans....and you still can't discharge a student loan in a bankruptcy....

No BS.....by taking over school loans BO has managed to take business away from the private sector and put the loans onto the backs of the Taxpayers......he's grown the size of Government and grown the size of our Deficit.....

Socialized education here we come...

Don't forget how those government guaranteed student loans have encouraged schools to astronomically increase their tuition and fees to levels that would put most traditionally financed students out of the market.

I think that Obama's, and previous presidential administrations emphasis on the "middle class Amerika" is completely misguided and absolutely detrimental to our society. During the economic recession, a whole new class of people who were formerly middle class have been forced into poverty, true poverty, and nothing is being done for the working class in this administration or any administration since the Clinton administration, and even he didn't do enough to try to resolve this problem. Our health care system isn't adequate, our housing system isn't adequate, our job training system isn't adequate. The housing market is a joke and a wonderful quote regarding this:

"This means most middle class Amerikans are now only one grave illness, one serious accident, one termination, or one lost salary away from joining the low income ranks."

If we do not face the issues of the poorest of the poor we can never solve the middle class conundrum.

I think that Obama's, and previous presidential administrations emphasis on the "middle class Amerika" is completely misguided and absolutely detrimental to our society. During the economic recession, a whole new class of people who were formerly middle class have been forced into poverty, true poverty, and nothing is being done for the working class in this administration or any administration since the Clinton administration, and even he didn't do enough to try to resolve this problem. Our health care system isn't adequate, our housing system isn't adequate, our job training system isn't adequate. The housing market is a joke and a wonderful quote regarding this:

"This means most middle class Amerikans are now only one grave illness, one serious accident, one termination, or one lost salary away from joining the low income ranks."

If we do not face the issues of the poorest of the poor we can never solve the middle class conundrum.

Would you be kind enough to detail the inadequacies you have observed in our health care, housing, and job training "systems". What are your suggestions as to how we might address those inadequacies?

It's more a matter of personal opinion. But there are some things that should be easily agreed upon as wasteful. Paying elected officials $174,000 a year to bitch at each other, take half the year off, and accomplish little to nothing, is wasteful. Giving tax breaks and loopholes to promote social engineering is wasteful. Having over 600 bases on foreign soil is wasteful.

And there is also a lot of pork spending that goes unnoticed by the people who elect these representatives, since the pork is always buried inside some 2,000 page bill that no one in their right mind would take the time to read.

Oh, there's plenty of waste. To say otherwise is borderline delusional.

OK, the as a person with a strong grip on reality, can you tell me how much of $4 trillion that the government spends is wasted? Is it 1% (or 40 billions), or 5%, or 50%? And if you pick a number, can you substantiate it with any data?

How does the rich paying more in taxes help the middle class? My paycheck doesn't go up because my boss pays more in taxes.

Yeah, really? Tell that to my paycheck.

The payroll tax cut was supposed to be temporary.

Otherwise, nothing prevents the government from cutting taxes for the poor and middle class in exchange for a tax hike for the rich.

Things are only getting worse under Obama....is this the "transformation" that he spoke of....?

It is not Obama, you moron. This what the trickle-down economics has been doing to this country for the past 30 years:

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

While your contention that we have been in slow decline since FDR, obama and his destructive policies have simply cranked a huge dose of nitrous into the system.

You such a moron -- the charts start at 79, not since 30s.

The inequality dropped after the New Deal and a strong middle class emerged as result. It was not until 80s that the things started unraveling.

Yeah, really? Tell that to my paycheck.

The payroll tax cut was supposed to be temporary.

Otherwise, nothing prevents the government from cutting taxes for the poor and middle class in exchange for a tax hike for the rich.

Yeah, right...the check's in the mail, and obama's goons won't come in your mouth, either.
Here's a truly unique idea (apparently), why don't we start looking at all those wunnerful gobmint programs? First, we see what the stated purpose/goals of each specific program is/are. Then we examine the outcome to date. If the outcome indicates the goals have been achieved, we keep it. If there is no quantifiable positive result, the program is gone.

Forum List

Back