The Michael Savage newstory

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I don't see any threads about his rant against autism. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about (wouldn't want to bias your newscoverage).

My theory is that he's a donkey and the entire time he was ranting against autism, he thought he was talking about ADD/ADHD, but by the time he'd figured it out, he had dug himself way too big a hole.

I don't see any threads about his rant against autism. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about (wouldn't want to bias your newscoverage).

My theory is that he's a donkey and the entire time he was ranting against autism, he thought he was talking about ADD/ADHD, but by the time he'd figured it out, he had dug himself way too big a hole.

i saw that yesterday and i was thinking the same thing!

the guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about and it sounded much like the typical rant against attention deficit disorder...

either way, the guy sounds like a stubborn jerk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/23/arts/23arts-SAVAGELOSESA_BRF.html?ref=arts

Last edited:
my girlfriend works with children with developmental disorders, primarily autism. when she heard what savage said (when i told her) she was PISSED. people have the right to be upset about what the idiot savage said. autism is a serious disorder, and has nothing to do with kids simply misbehaving. maybe he was thinking of adhd, but if youre gonna talk about it at least know what it is called

• Banned
i saw that yesterday and i was thinking the same thing!

the guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about and it sounded much like the typical rant against attention deficit disorder...

either way, the guy sounds like a stubborn jerk.

He could probably still do himself a favor if he issued a mea culpa and made that his story. The ADD protest crowd would be much much smaller and he'd actually have an odd supporter of his "dis" position. But that would require admitting he was wrong. I'm guessing his fragile, inflated ego's inability to allow that to happen dwarfs even that of one or two persons of well known USMB repute. :D

This the the beauty of free speech versus censorship. by restricting him we make him a martyr. By letting him say dumb shit he clips his own achilles tendon.

This the the beauty of free speech versus censorship. by restricting him we make him a martyr. By letting him say dumb shit he clips his own achilles tendon.

except for that fact that some people are dumb enough to believe everything he says. in which case he is spreading lies and deceit. could also say that what he said was slander towards the parents of autistic children.

could also say that what he said was slander towards the parents of autistic children.

You can "say" anything I suppose. I suspect he'd have to actually name them to be guilty of slander, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

it's just like the imus thing...it's not really a free speech issue...the sponsors are free to stop sponsoring him and his employer is free to fire him as well.

thats exactly it. And, as we see, Imus is back. Much ado about nothing. There are still nappy headed hoes. Does taking out mike savage remove opinionated people willing to say shocking shit in order to get paid? Of course not. don't listen. Don't buy the advert products. The constitution doesn't insist that we have to like everything we hear or say only what everyone else wants to hear. Let the parents protest. Thats their right too. By the time the next big issue rears it's head no one will give a fuck about this one until it's time to whip out enumerated talking points about Savage's career.

Some parents of autistic children have called for Savage's firing after he described autism as a racket last week. "In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out," Savage said on his radio program last Wednesday.

Savage offered no apology in a message posted Monday on his Web site.

What a TOOL!

Be informed America:

Autism Collaboration - www.autism.org

Do you really think Savage is pied-piping America into disbelieving Autism?

I thought the same thing when I first heard this. And he IS a donkey. Used to listen to him when he was on local in San Francisco.

Forum List

Back