The Message of the Wisconsin Fracas

Are you serious? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Last time I checked collective bargaining wasn't in the constitution.

...Yet another poster who fundamentally misunderstands the point of the Constitution and believes we live in some fascist state where government grants all rights.

It's unreal how many so-called Conservatives don't understand the most basic concepts of our founding documents. The Constitution is not a comprehensive list of rights granted to citizens. it's a reading of the limited powers granted to Government.

Are you serious? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Last time I checked collective bargaining wasn't in the constitution.

...Yet another poster who fundamentally misunderstands the point of the Constitution and believes we live in some fascist state where government grants all rights.

It's unreal how many so-called Conservatives don't understand the most basic concepts of our founding documents. The Constitution is not a comprehensive list of rights granted to citizens. it's a reading of the limited powers granted to Government.

The Constitution does not include a right for government workers to claim some special status separate from THE PEOPLE and to use taxpayer money to select their bosses and sit on the same side of the negotiating table to extract even more money from taxpayers.

If you think it does, please cite what clauses support this special status.

The Constitution does not include a right for government workers to claim some special status separate from THE PEOPLE and to use taxpayer money to select their bosses and sit on the same side of the negotiating table to extract even more money from taxpayers.

If you think it does, please cite what clauses support this special status.

^More confusion on the part of conservatarians who claim to understand the constitution. You say "the Constitution doesn't include a right...".

I don't know where people learned about the Constitution, but comments like that suggest you should ask for a refund. The Constitution does not grant rights to people - people have rights unless explicitly restricted by the Constitution or laws made in pursuance thereof.

The Constitution grants certain rights, and only those rights, to government. It serves not as a list of rights granted to citizens but a list restrictions on what the citizen's government can do.

Forum List

Back