The Mentally ill

Well, given he started out like you but evolved during his life....you should probably listen to him given he has more degrees than you have fingers.

He was only the lead for the Human Genome Project....but you have no clue what that is. He was handpicked by Bill Clinton....do you know who Bill Clinton is?

Yeah MD and PhD.....he is no authority on science, medicine and the human genetics/mind compared to you GED graduates. :badgrin:

Oh, you anti-religious nuts that think you are so smart about science need to debate one of my fellow alumni about science and God....

explorefaith.org - Dr. Francis S. Collins

No atheist "needs" to go out of their way to debate "god". If it is convenient we will continue to attempt to set you straight. It really isn't our problem.

My undergrad school was where this guy went explorefaith.org - Dr. Francis S. Collins I was planning on going to Med school where he went along with my cousin that became an astronaut, but I went into the military after my undergrad college years.

I went to 2 other grad schools.

Let's see, you went to your local community college?

You post something stupid. I call you out on it. You try to divert the subject to where I went to school. Nice try. I'm not falling for it.

If you're right, what you say stands on its own merits whether you have a PhD or you dropped out in 8th grade.

I didn't say I have a PhD, Dr Collins and my astronaut cousin are both MDs with PhDs too.....and (of the horror) they believe in God, Satan, demons, evil, etc.

But you are so much smarter than them and me. I am only planning on getting my PhD next year after I got two Masters degrees the past 5 years while working full-time.

When people with more medicine and science education than you believe in what I said, you should probably shut up. Don't worry, you can build a Back to the Future DeLorean.....it was in a movie afterall.

My undergrad school was where this guy went explorefaith.org - Dr. Francis S. Collins I was planning on going to Med school where he went along with my cousin that became an astronaut, but I went into the military after my undergrad college years.

I went to 2 other grad schools.

Let's see, you went to your local community college?

You post something stupid. I call you out on it. You try to divert the subject to where I went to school. Nice try. I'm not falling for it.

If you're right, what you say stands on its own merits whether you have a PhD or you dropped out in 8th grade.

Last edited:
Well, given he started out like you but evolved during his life....you should probably listen to him given he has more degrees than you have fingers.

He was only the lead for the Human Genome Project....but you have no clue what that is. He was handpicked by Bill Clinton....do you know who Bill Clinton is?

Yeah MD and PhD.....he is no authority on science, medicine and the human genetics/mind compared to you GED graduates. :badgrin:

His arguments for God are the same stuff I hear from the random evangelists I get accosted by weekly. He's a brilliant scientist, but that doesn't mean everything he says about anything should be above questioning.

For example, if I had a question about evolution, he'd be the one to ask, but if I had a question about gravity, I'd be more likely to ask a physicist. You can be brilliant in one are and completely ignorant in another.

And where did anyone say he wasn't an authority on science?

Would my cousin with a PhD in Physics and MD meet your GED standards? Somehow he believes in God too, even after attending that liberal university like me and Dr Collins.

You talk shit like you are some Nobel Laureate in Astroyphysics. Odds are you are some disgruntled 20-something that hates the little churches in your Bible Belt town and listening to fringe rock, surfing insane websites and taking computer science night classes at the junior college has enlightened you to be smarter than anyone about life.

His arguments for God are the same stuff I hear from the random evangelists I get accosted by weekly. He's a brilliant scientist, but that doesn't mean everything he says about anything should be above questioning.

For example, if I had a question about evolution, he'd be the one to ask, but if I had a question about gravity, I'd be more likely to ask a physicist. You can be brilliant in one are and completely ignorant in another.

And where did anyone say he wasn't an authority on science?

I didn't say I have a PhD, Dr Collins and my astronaut cousin are both MDs with PhDs too.....and (of the horror) they believe in God, Satan, demons, evil, etc.

But you are so much smarter than them and me. I am only planning on getting my PhD next year after I got two Masters degrees the past 5 years while working full-time.

When people with more medicine and science education than you believe in what I said, you should probably shut up. Don't worry, you can build a Back to the Future DeLorean.....it was in a movie afterall.

More trying to divert the subject. They agree with you on the God thing, but that has nothing to do with science or medicine. You can be well educated and hold errant beliefs. Hell, I know a geophysicist that believes in God and that a man rose from the dead 2000 years ago. Is he intelligent? Hell yes. I wish I was that smart. Does that mean he's right about everything? Not in any way.

I never claimed to be smarter than them. That's you being dishonest. Why not answer me about your misrepresentation of Evolution?

And what's your response to the people who are very well educated who agree with what I say?

Like I said before, your degrees mean precisely dick. If you are right, it stands on its own merits. If you are wrong, you're wrong regardless of your level of education.

Somebody should have prayed GoneBezerk's crazy away a long time ago.

That, and replace it with basic logical thinking. He/she thinks waving degrees around makes him/her right about everything. Apparently, he/she thinks degrees mean something on the internet where any random idiot can claim to have 12 PhD's and be a 6'6" bodybuilder and MMA fighter.

The USA has all kinds of mental problems; epidemic sexual abuse, domestic abuse, murders, homelessness, drug abuse etc etc etc. Toughing it out is no longer a real solution. Mental health is a bigger mess than physical, infrastructure, economic health. See sig pp1. The hell with Reaganism LOL.

Would my cousin with a PhD in Physics and MD meet your GED standards? Somehow he believes in God too, even after attending that liberal university like me and Dr Collins.

You talk shit like you are some Nobel Laureate in Astroyphysics. Odds are you are some disgruntled 20-something that hates the little churches in your Bible Belt town and listening to fringe rock, surfing insane websites and taking computer science night classes at the junior college has enlightened you to be smarter than anyone about life.

This doesn't even address what I said. Just personal attacks. More signs of your insecurity.

And yes, your cousin would be a good candidate if I had a question about physics. That doesn't mean he/she is right about everything. That's all I'm saying, but you apparently aren't getting that.

And since we're playing that game: Well, you know what? I'm not gonna stoop to your level of personal attacks.

EDIT: I love how you go back to my other posts to find something to use to attack me personally.

Last edited:
The USA has all kinds of mental problems; epidemic sexual abuse, domestic abuse, murders, homelessness, drug abuse etc etc etc. Toughing it out is no longer a real solution. Mental health is a bigger mess than physical, infrastructure, economic health. See sig pp1. The hell with Reaganism LOL.

Let's not forget the stigma of getting psychological help, and the fact people don't understand mental illness well. So many people think people with depression and anxiety can just "snap out of it." I've dealt with intense anxiety(sometimes to the point of avoiding leaving my house) all my laugh, and nothing pisses me off more than some idiot telling me I can just "snap out of it." It took all the courage I could muster to finally seek help.

$obama-failed-economy.jpg

Yes he is The Mentally ill

Forum List

Back