The men and women who signed the Declaration of Independence

When I met Santorum, I did have to bite my tongue as I shook his hand. Part of me wanted to bark at him for the whackadoodle crazy he brings to the political theater, but it's not in my personality to not be polite, so I just smiled, and exchanged a few words.

Side note: I helped bring him a sub he had ordered. I knew the owner of the establishment where they were having a Santorum rally, and I asked the owner what it was (it was wrapped in sub paper) as I delivered it to "Sweater Vest" - He told me "an Italian, loaded with everything."

The owner (who was not certain he was voting for Santorum, but appreciated the visit and the media attention) said he may now consider calling the sub "the Santorum."
I told him "nooooooooooooooo! noooo! no. whatever you do, don't call it that!"
lol
I'm pretty sure he didn't know about "the google."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You should have let him do it, that would have been great! Nobody could say anything more than that Santorum had done it to himself. And think of all the publicity that guy could have gotten out of it. Would have done wonders for business.

When I met Santorum, I did have to bite my tongue as I shook his hand. Part of me wanted to bark at him for the whackadoodle crazy he brings to the political theater, but it's not in my personality to not be polite, so I just smiled, and exchanged a few words.

Side note: I helped bring him a sub he had ordered. I knew the owner of the establishment where they were having a Santorum rally, and I asked the owner what it was (it was wrapped in sub paper) as I delivered it to "Sweater Vest" - He told me "an Italian, loaded with everything."

The owner (who was not certain he was voting for Santorum, but appreciated the visit and the media attention) said he may now consider calling the sub "the Santorum."
I told him "nooooooooooooooo! noooo! no. whatever you do, don't call it that!"
lol
I'm pretty sure he didn't know about "the google."

Good for you for being gracious and shaking his hand...not being a jerk. We have too many keyboard tough guys saying they would be publically rude to politicians, showing they have no class.

Again, good for you for keeping it classy. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Revisionist equality.

Sort of like the way democrats wanted to put a black and hispanic in the statute commemorating the firefighters who raised the flag after 911.

#1. No good without a link.

#2. If true, thank you for PROVING that Republicans want nothing to do with that idea.

#3. There are no black and hispanic firefighters?

None that raised that flag.

Is your memory faulty, or do you just like to be wrong?

FDNY cancels 9/11 statue Commish to rethink memorial after flap over race - New York Daily News

So...you think that memorial is to commemorate ONLY those few guys (who didn't even die in the WTC collapse.).

Ok, explain to use why THOSE guys and only THOSE guys need to have a memorial to themselves, when they are still alive.

#1. No good without a link.

#2. If true, thank you for PROVING that Republicans want nothing to do with that idea.

#3. There are no black and hispanic firefighters?

None that raised that flag.

Is your memory faulty, or do you just like to be wrong?

FDNY cancels 9/11 statue Commish to rethink memorial after flap over race - New York Daily News

So...you think that memorial is to commemorate ONLY those few guys (who didn't even die in the WTC collapse.).

Ok, explain to use why THOSE guys and only THOSE guys need to have a memorial to themselves, when they are still alive.

I agree that the statue is too politically correct

If it is a generic statue that honors NY Police and Firefighters then I agree all races should be represented

Given that it recreates a known historical occurrence it is deceptive to include races that were not there. Should they have replaced one of the men with a woman?

Since when do we expect politicians to know anything about history?

Or even to be intelligent for that matter

[youtube]zNZczIgVXjg[/youtube]

PLEASE tell me that was a joke. Good Lord this guy has a fucking Congressional vote

Not a joke.

As I said one has to be stupid to want to be a politician but then again the people who vote for them think that politicians are smart.

In short, we're fucking doomed.

The real problem with Representative Johnson is that he suffered an illness, and the treatments were affecting his health quite negatively. He did not have the good grace and common sense to resign from his office. The end result being him acting and speaking erratically, including the Guam incident two years ago.

He is still serving. Hopefully his health has improved.

Yes, I see your problem. Dead people definitely under represented in flag raisings. Correctly recreating the scene would be completely unPC.

If it is a generic statue that honors NY Police and Firefighters then I agree all races should be represented

Given that it recreates a known historical occurrence it is deceptive to include races that were not there. Should they have replaced one of the men with a woman?

I agree. If they are recreating a historical event it should be portrayed as it happened. I mean what's next? Shall we take the image below and paint John Adams black and Thomas Jefferson Hispanic, etc? Jeez, come on.

july4framed.jpg

And yes I know this painting is not "as it happened"...you get the point.

I agree. If they are recreating a historical event it should be portrayed as it happened. I mean what's next? Shall we take the image below and paint John Adams black and Thomas Jefferson Hispanic, etc? Jeez, come on.

july4framed.jpg

And yes I know this painting is not "as it happened"...you get the point.
It's not at all as it happened...and I'm pretty sure no black men would have been there at any part of the signing in any portrayal...'cept as slaves or servants.

New Topics

Forum List

Back