The Memo Summers Didn’t Want Obama to See

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Noam Scheiber: The Memo That Larry Summers Didn

I remember Douglas Brinkley saying on c-span that shortly after the President entered the WH he had several historian over for dinner and in a private moment, Mr Brinkley asked him what he thought of the country's situation ...Preside*nt Obama told him " It is far worse than we thought. "

I remember Douglas Brinkley saying on c-span that shortly after the President entered the WH he had several historian over for dinner and in a private moment, Mr Brinkley asked him what he thought of the country's situation ...Preside*nt Obama told him " It is far worse than we thought. "

Sounds like a bunch of whining and crying to me.

The economic numbers do not point to failure

What dumbed-down world do you exist in where $16,000,000,000,000 debt, $1,500,000,000,000 deficits, 12% real unemployment, $5 gas, inflation and 1.5% growth point anywhere but failure?

So...basically...the "problem" is that Summers was told the "shovel ready" stimulus package needed to be way, way bigger, and he didn't go for it and pass that on to Obama.

Last edited:

So...basically...the "problem" is that Summers was told the "shovel ready" stimulus package needed to be way, way bigger, and he didn't go for it and pass that on to Obama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4-vPrcDBo]Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready - YouTube[/ame]

The economic numbers do not point to failure

Tell that one to the unemployed.

Don't worry, it'll trickle down. Why do I have to be the one to remind you that you're "off message". Isn't unemployment the fault of the person and not the government's problem? At least it is when somebody wants to help the unemployed. Any other time they're just a gamepiece to be sacrificed on the altar of partisan politics. Just reminds me why we have to re-elect Obama, if nothing else, to keep those types OUT.

The Memo Summers Didn’t Want Obama to See

Chapter 4

Manmade Global Warming

It's not manmade, it's not global and it's not warming

Forum List

Back