The Medicated Child

or diet or trauma..environmental toxins..personality

Indicating a reaction to physical causation which manifests itself through behavior. Still a physical illness as the body is experiencing a reaction to something.

well not with trauma or personality or poor parenting...but with reaction to toxins and diet
yes..

Yes, with trauma. I'm not sure what you mean by personality. And poor parenting can impede natural brain development. I guess delayed emotional development isn't really physical, but behavior certainly is a physical reaction.

Would hormone imbalances not be considered 'chemical'?

Have you experienced PMS or PPD?

Last edited:
Indicating a reaction to physical causation which manifests itself through behavior. Still a physical illness as the body is experiencing a reaction to something.

well not with trauma or personality or poor parenting...but with reaction to toxins and diet
yes..

Yes, with trauma. I'm not sure what you mean by personality. And poor parenting can impede natural brain development. I guess delayed emotional development isn't really physical, but behavior certainly is a physical reaction.

Eots has psychophobia--you're going to freak him out.

yes..

you have to look a the diagnostic criteria for adhd...it sounds like half the kids i went to school with and in my day ..it was considered ..boys will be boys..now its a epidemic requirng powerful mind altering drugs

yes..

you have to look a the diagnostic criteria for adhd...it sounds like half the kids i went to school with and in my day ..it was considered ..boys will be boys..now its a epidemic requirng powerful mind altering drugs

relax--we won't force you to take any.

yes..

I don't really believe in it in most cases, either.

I've known one child and one adult diagnosed with ADHD, where I would say it was legitimate, or at least could agree that something wasn't quite right - child medicated, the adult was not, until more recently. They both displayed the same type of behaviors, not necessarily what I would consider hyperactive; however, in a more structured setting, I can see how they might act out.

Anyway, the adult went on to develop severe, paranoid psychosis and I'm not sure what the little boy is up to these days. The adult thinks it has something to do with his mother being a nut case and the dis-associative coping skills he developed as a child. He's just guessing, but probably not far off. He's medicated now an no longer spending $100's placing cryptic personal ads for his imaginary girlfriend.

I've been subjected to the anti-psychiatry 'movement' most of my life, so I'm familiar with a lot of the arguments. I'm just a little rusty at countering them. :lol:

I don't really believe in it in most cases, either.

I've known one child and one adult diagnosed with ADHD, where I would say it was legitimate, or at least could agree that something wasn't quite right - child medicated, the adult was not, until more recently. They both displayed the same type of behaviors, not necessarily what I would consider hyperactive; however, in a more structured setting, I can see how they might act out.

Anyway, the adult went on to develop severe, paranoid psychosis and I'm not sure what the little boy is up to these days. The adult thinks it has something to do with his mother being a nut case and the dis-associative coping skills he developed as a child. He's just guessing, but probably not far off. He's medicated now an no longer spending $100's placing cryptic personal ads for his imaginary girlfriend.

I've been subjected to the anti-psychiatry 'movement' most of my life, so I'm familiar with a lot of the arguments. I'm just a little rusty at countering them. :lol:

Has being subjected to anti-psychiatry driven you crazy or is that just Canadian beer ?

propaganda

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjixUC_xwxg]YouTube - Mental Health Becomes Public Concern in Late 1940s - Part 1[/ame]

reality

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0aNILW6ILk]YouTube - Lobotomy - PBS documentary, on Walter Freeman[/ame][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

I think that ADHD is a real phenomenon. However, I think it is drastically being overdiagnosed by people who aren't qualified to diagnose it. And, I think that our current method of education, which is to shove too many kids into a room with too little physical activity, and expect them to be quiet all day, is simply absurd. It doesn't work for most kids, which is why so many kids require medication to fit into the system.

bullshit there is...small problem with that research...all the children tested where ....already on neuroleptic drugs..its the drugs that altered there brains physically

...I REPEAT..THERE IS NO DIAGNOSTIC TEST FOR MENTAL ILLNESS

I know people who have children with ADHD and have never been put on the drugs...there goes your uninformed opinion.

READ the book, then we'll talk.

I read the study and its peer reviews !..go ask your doctor...your point is ..ponitless..so what if you know children labeled adhd without medication that means ..nothing...the point is their brains show no physical abnormalities..there is no diagnostic test..it is all opinion and subjective these are just the facts...the statement you made is false

Tell me who wrote the book and I'll believe you read it.

I saw the Pet scans that showed the physical difference in the brains.

yes..

Have you looked at the number of kids with autism vs those in your day? Do you think that's made up too?

I think that ADHD is a real phenomenon. However, I think it is drastically being overdiagnosed by people who aren't qualified to diagnose it. And, I think that our current method of education, which is to shove too many kids into a room with too little physical activity, and expect them to be quiet all day, is simply absurd. It doesn't work for most kids, which is why so many kids require medication to fit into the system.

Okay, I'll go with it being overdiagnosed. I still don't think most parents will put their kids on drugs without good reason. But then again, most parents I know are in married, two parent families. I don't understand parent's that don't put their kids needs first and I know there are some out there like that, just look at Octomom.

I KNOW it's real. I've been to several seminars on autism and ADHD ever since my first was diagnosed with ADHD, and that's been almost 20 years now. In fact, when he was first diagnosed, neither the principal, nor the school counselor had ever heard of it. I blame that school for a lot of damage done to my son. Teacher's can make a livelong impression on kids, both for the good and for the bad. He's had a lot of bad teachers.

How many different types are they up to now, 5-6? I've seen the over focused type, but again it's not necessarily ADD - primarily in one case.

totally shocking...a outrage...

Thanks for that helpful contribution, Tom Cruise.

fuck you... tom cruise..typical media brainwashing associate a topic with a celebrity of questionable stability...so you can avoid what prominent members of the American psychiatric association have to say...what a drone ..lame ass straw man arguments

Last edited:

Have you looked at the number of kids with autism vs those in your day? Do you think that's made up too?

no its the result of poisons in the food chain...wtf do you think it is ...nature ?

Forum List

Back