CDZ The Medical Marijuana Hoax

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by jwoodie, Apr 18, 2017.

1. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,049
    Ahh. OK. Yeah, I don't know how much of that is legit. Never really mattered to me. It should be legal regardless. A free society doesn't tell people what they can eat or breath.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,341
    Alcohol is terribly addictive and harmful to children and adolescents- they actually die from alcohol poisoning- yet you want alcohol as available as cookies and candy to children?

That is essentially the 'argument' you made.

Do you even know how to make an argument without dragging out a strawman?

Does Marijuana have any known medical benefits- yes. It can help in several areas:
    a) Appetite- especially for those undergoing cancer treatment and also AIDs sufferers
    b) Nausea- the lovely 'alternative' are suppositories- would you prefer to smoke a joint- or shove a suppository up your ass to get rid of extreme nausea- please tell us what your preference would be.
    c) Migraine pain- it doesn't eliminate migraine pain but dulls it. Migraine medicine has advanced amazingly in the last 2 decades- and when it works it works fantastically. But when the normal migraine medicines don't work the only true alternative for pain- are oppiod pain killers- and we know people are dying from oppiod over doses. But no one has ever died from a pot overdose.

Probably the majority of people using medical marijuana are abusing the system- because the system was set up poorly- and frankly because most people don't care if the system is abused so recreational users can scam the system. But there legitimate uses for medicinal pot- and I know people who get- or have gotten relief from medical pot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,316
    when he said that he was out of ammo....because that was not what the discussion was about....

4. EvMetro

EvMetro Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    I am all for people eating or smoking what they please, but only if they can take financial responsibility for the damage that they do to their bodies. Smoking dope or cigarettes leads to health problems and heart disease that cost America more than 300 billion each year, and SOMEBODY pays this. Dope heads are more likely to be on welfare, which means that they are less likely the ones who are paying for the vandalism that they are doing to their bodies. As long as it is MY money that pays for their vandalism to their own bodies, my vote will obstruct legalized dope. We already have legalized Big Gulp sodas at 7/11 stores, and the fat ass lefties who are sucking these things down can't take responsibility the type 2 diabetes and all the other health problems that go along with an unhealthy diet.

I have no problem with fat ass lefties sucking down giant sodas and smoking dope or cigarettes, just as long as they can assume the full financial burden for it. Not just a few bucks to help out subsidized health care that I fund, but the full burden of the vandalism. That, and don't do this shit in front of me or my family.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,204
    As an ex cop, let me tell you, would rather have a room full of marijuana users than a room full of drunks. More people die from alcohol and smoking related illnesses than dope..

6. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,204
    Hope you feel the same way about alcohol. That aside, your stats suck donkey nuts. For a start, the govt collects over $25 billion in tax from cigarettes a year. Also, cigarette users pay income and many other taxes. A lot would have health insurance. And you have NO numbers to support your assertion as to whether they are on welfare or not. I know a few dope smokers. Every one of them earns way above the average wage.

7. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,373
    Do you even know what a "strawman" is? Let me help you:

A Straw Man is an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument. (Oxford Dictionary)

Here is an example:
    Anyone of normal intelligence can see that your statement is an intentional misrepresentation of my argument, which has to do with the exposure of THC to children. I do not condone providing alcohol to children, either, but pot poses the additional dangers of of passive inhalation and being a hidden ingredient in attractive foods.

8. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,341
    And here was your strawman- which of course was not related to the post you replied to:
    Pot is terribly addictive and harmful to children and adolescents, yet you want to make it widely available as cookies and candy?

Instead of answering the posters question:
    have you ever smoked pot?....

I responded exactly the same way to your post- substituting alcohol for pot.
    Alcohol is more addictive- and more harmful to children and adolescents- it kills children and adolescents every year from alcohol poisoning. Alcohol is often- much more often than pot- concealed in sweet drinks- every bit as attractive as a pot brownie to a teenager.

No one suggested- except you- making pot as available as cookies and candy- why are you just unable to have an honest debate? Are you just trolling?

So tell me- why do you think that pot should be treated differently than alcohol?

Alcohol is both more dangerous- it actually is poisonous and causes deaths every year- and more addictive- we have all known alcoholics.

9. initforme

initforme Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,729
    Dope doesn't make people less productive. Low wages do. Pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,049
    This is the most insidious danger of socializing health care.