CDZ The Medical Marijuana Hoax

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by jwoodie, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,649
    Okay- we are in agreement that we should treat pot and alcohol the same.

Do you think that pot and alcohol are the same as coke and heroin?

The real question is keeping coke and heroin illegal the best way to combat those addictions? Portugal has decriminalized all drug use- and by every measurement it is a success
    • less crime
    • less addiction
    • more addicts getting treatment
    • less government money being spent on drug enforcement/prison.
    i would love the United States to take an honest look at drug policy and come up with the strategy that is best of Americans- not just a knee jerk reaction to a campaign slogan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Yes.

Just like you say. Pot is an addictive external chemical that gets you high. No debate here.

3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Do we have any historical experiments we can reference?

I think folks can't handle being alowed to get drunk w/o going driving and killing ppl so I question the effects of a really gooood drug like heroin on em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. skylerholland

skylerholland Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    While the legalization of marijuana may scare some, the benefits are so great that it needs to be implemented everywhere.

A large concern of those opposed to the legalization of marijuana, is that it will be a “Trojan horse,” opening the door for far worse drugs. Legalizing marijuana for medical usage does not mean a free for all of recreational drug usage. The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to other, “harder” substances (Is marijuana a gateway drug?). It cannot be said that usage leads to worse things for a whole group. All users have different biological makeups and life situations that may have pushed them to this. If there is such a concern for marijuana leading to worse things, then other, more common substances need to be looked at as well. The same websites states “alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other more harmful substances.” If it is said that the use of marijuana for medical purposes should not be legalized in fear of it leading to more harmful things… then the same should be said for alcohol and nicotine as well. Ban beer and ban the cigs along with the pot. Marijuana has far better and more important uses that need to be looked at as well.

Once legalized, an actual doctor, not a dealer, will issue you a dispensary card and prescribe medical marijuana to treat seizure disorders, Crohn’s disease, nausea from chemotherapy, muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis, and poor appetite and weight loss caused by chronic illnesses like HIV or nerve pain (Medical Marijuana). The most common usage for medicinal marijuana is pain. Cannabis has shown especially effective in combating neuropathic pain from nerve damage and is less habit-forming than opiate drugs (7 uses for medical marijuana). Marijuana also carries virtually no risk of a fatal overdose as opposed to opiates. Legalization of medical marijuana could quite possibly lower the rates of addiction and death in opiate drug users.

If you have a Facebook, I guarantee you at some point you have come across a video of the miracle cannabis works on epileptic seizures. Every video begins the same, someone recording their loved one shaking uncontrollably in jerky, painful movements. They administer a drop or two of a liquid form of cannabis and the patient begins to relax, as their body stops the seizing. Cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive compound of cannabis (Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy) is what is able to help these patients. Watching how quick CBD affects an epileptic patient and helps them is truly amazing. If there is tons of visual evidence, testimonies, and clinical studies, then why are we not legalizing marijuana to help patients everywhere?

Medical marijuana has many purposes and can help varying patients all over. For some patients, whether epileptic, chemo, or CTE stricken, cannabis is their only answer, and we need to help them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,011
    Good. Maybe someday soon maryjane will be used to cure cancer, sinusitus , bad breath and crotch rot.
    :2cents:

6. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs FORGET ---- HELL Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    Well I thought about the same thing, but in as the DEA has caused my pain Doc to cut my meds by 50 percent I have been having pain very hight in the past 4 months and I found out that they have it in pill form. Going to try it at least once if it works I will be glad to give up the drug.
    BYW these meds have no thc in them so getting high does not happen. I'll post my opinion.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,430
    What ever makes the person feel better.

Are you really going to throw dying people in prison for smoking a damn leaf? Now who's the big government fascist?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,149
    Hmmm yeah, why would anyone think chemicals were good to reduce pain. There is no proof of this according to 4 people with an agenda here.

9. Picaro

Picaro BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,686
    Legalize slavery and make even more. Same with pedophilia; why not be the next Thailand? They rake in lots of dough from that.

10. Picaro

Picaro BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,686
    They can extract the active ingredients that work, no need to smoke the stuff. And yes, it has indeed proven to be just a trojan horse.