CDZ The Medical Marijuana Hoax

Ever since the 60s and the hippie craze, I never heard anyone claim that pot was good for pain. But since the puking liberals got pot legalized everywhere, it's suddenly the greatest pain killer since aspirin was discovered. Witness all the clueless dead heads who are heavy users.

The benefits of medical marijuana are so well known here that vets get their scrips for it free of charge. It may not be a great pain killer, but it does help vets get rest, sleep an appetite etc. All of those things help support the body and mind to heal itself, without heavy pharmaceuticals. I don't use myself, but vet friends of mine swear by it, after years of getting sicker on pharma

It can in many cases cure breast cancer, brain tumors, drug addiction and releases symptoms of epilepsy, PTSD, crones and pain

It has been as a medicine around the world for more than 5000 yrs

The left wants dope legalized and available, since it turns righties into lefties within 30 seconds of inhaling it, and the effects last as long as the righty is under the influance of it. The more people we have who are hooked on dope, the more dopes there are to vote lefty. It's the same thing as importing unregistered Democrats from other countries in order to change voting demographics.

The left wants dope legalized and available, since it turns righties into lefties within 30 seconds of inhaling it, and the effects last as long as the righty is under the influance of it. The more people we have who are hooked on dope, the more dopes there are to vote lefty. It's the same thing as importing unregistered Democrats from other countries in order to change voting demographics.
you can tell you have no clue as to what you are talking about....

Much of medical use is non addictive. Can be given to children safely.

It is not physically addictive, but people do like to feel relaxed. They use alcohol, caffeine, sugar and other substances that are more harmful to the body.

It helps with headaches. Doesn't rid it, but it can calm it down.
Same goes with a lot of ailments.

I agree and disagree on some points.

Pot is no more dangerous than alcohol. Both are terribly addictive.

Both get you high and as a function both can kill some mental and physical pain.

Far as using pot for pain relief.....we have a problem with many pain pills in this country. I'm not going to tell someone with a ruptured disc not to pop some Vicodin though and heck, now that I'm a bit older and know almost as many Vicodin gals as stoner chicks I'm not sure I wouldn't rather them smoke pot to kill pain.

I'll give you that pot is a fun, hip pain killer though......perhaps we need an unaffiliated doctor to check up on prescribing doctors? Perhaps each doctor can only give a patient soo many refills?

Both get you high and as a function both can kill some mental and physical pain.

Far as using pot for pain relief.....we have a problem with many pain pills in this country. I'm not going to tell someone with a ruptured disc not to pop some Vicodin though and heck, now that I'm a bit older and know almost as many Vicodin gals as stoner chicks I'm not sure I wouldn't rather them smoke pot to kill pain.

I'll give you that pot is a fun, hip pain killer though......perhaps we need an unaffiliated doctor to check up on prescribing doctors? Perhaps each doctor can only give a patient soo many refills?
pot is terribly addictive?....my own experience with myself and quite a few others says thats bullshit...im sure there are some out there who are mentally hooked.....but terribly addictive?......i dont think so....

It's medicinal properties are of course over-rated, and many people don't like it, it makes them nervous and paranoid; it doesn't affect everybody the same way, and some are certain to be allergic to it. It isn't any 'wonder drug' like the stoners want everybody to believe. It does help some chemo patients with appetite and nausea. The hyper strong strains grown today are certainly going to be harmful to casual users, and more highly addictive as well, than the hippie era pot was, and we know it's long use is harmful and makes people stupid. A study of posters here on this board would certainly confirm that. It causes cancer just as cigarette smoking does, two of my friends who smoked the crap since high school came down with throat cancer, both non-cigarette smokers with no family history of cancer, so take it in liquid or food form if you feel compelled to try it.

A couple of things, directly from the article:
“Right now, no one knows what they’re buying — that can be a hazard to public health,” Kennedy tells Yahoo News...
Exactly, no one knows because it's illegal, and there is, therefore, no standard. I am generally against more regulation, however, on this one, legalization and regulation would be a step in the right direction.

" We don’t eat willow bark from a tree, we buy aspirin. We have a process for doing that. It’s called the FDA. The reason we do is we want to protect the public’s health." Exactly, but we can't treat it like aspirin if it's illegal.

“Our country is susceptible to addiction,” Kennedy tells Golodryga. “I just don’t know how much sense it makes to try to allow another intoxicating, addicting substance to be sold in the marketplace.” Ummm, it already is, it's just in the "Black Market" were one has little recourse if they have a dispute with their supplier. Additionally, there is, as far as I know, little evidence that it is anywhere near as addictive as many prescribed drugs. So, what makes pot so different?

Just a few thoughts from a right leaning "Libertarian".

“Right now, no one knows what they’re buying — that can be a hazard to public health,” Kennedy tells Yahoo News...
Exactly, no one knows because it's illegal, and there is, therefore, no standard. I am generally against more regulation, however, on this one, legalization and regulation would be a step in the right direction.

" We don’t eat willow bark from a tree, we buy aspirin. We have a process for doing that. It’s called the FDA. The reason we do is we want to protect the public’s health." Exactly, but we can't treat it like aspirin if it's illegal.

“Our country is susceptible to addiction,” Kennedy tells Golodryga. “I just don’t know how much sense it makes to try to allow another intoxicating, addicting substance to be sold in the marketplace.” Ummm, it already is, it's just in the "Black Market" were one has little recourse if they have a dispute with their supplier. Additionally, there is, as far as I know, little evidence that it is anywhere near as addictive as many prescribed drugs. So, what makes pot so different?

There was a study done testing the pot bought at various 'medical marijuana' boutiques in California and while back; they found all kinds of nasty unsanitary stuff in it, from dirty hands and the like. I doubt Stoner Nation has bothered with upgrading their hygiene practices, and don't care about their employees' practices either, as long as they work cheap at sub-minimum wages. 'You'll find faux 'progressives' aren't at all 'progressive' when it comes to paying their own employees, and in fact many pay less than evil corporate types. This is especially true of 'progressive companies' like MS and Apple and other Silly Con Valley firms that sell themselves as 'progressive and all modern n stuff'.

It's medicinal properties are of course over-rated, and many people don't like it, it makes them nervous and paranoid; it doesn't affect everybody the same way, and some are certain to be allergic to it. It isn't any 'wonder drug' like the stoners want everybody to believe. It does help some chemo patients with appetite and nausea. The hyper strong strains grown today are certainly going to be harmful to casual users, and more highly addictive as well, than the hippie era pot was, and we know it's long use is harmful and makes people stupid. A study of posters here on this board would certainly confirm that. It causes cancer just as cigarette smoking does, two of my friends who smoked the crap since high school came down with throat cancer, both non-cigarette smokers with no family history of cancer, so take it in liquid or food form if you feel compelled to try it.

Allergies? try indica instead of sativa and don't injest hemp seeds

There was a study done testing the pot bought at various 'medical marijuana' boutiques in California and while back; they found all kinds of nasty unsanitary stuff in it, from dirty hands and the like. I doubt Stoner Nation has bothered with upgrading their hygiene practices, and don't care about their employees' practices either, as long as they work cheap at sub-minimum wages. 'You'll find faux 'progressives' aren't at all 'progressive' when it comes to paying their own employees, and in fact many pay less than evil corporate types. This is especially true of 'progressive companies' like MS and Apple and other Silly Con Valley firms that sell themselves as 'progressive and all modern n stuff'.
Sounds to me like a good start for a case to increase regulation.... Again, I am generally against more regulation, but it seems to fit here.

pot is terribly addictive?....my own experience with myself and quite a few others says thats bullshit...im sure there are some out there who are mentally hooked.....but terribly addictive?......i dont think so....

I'll disagree once more then I suspect we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I will try to be quick. Here are a few reasons I feel pot must be terribly addictive:

- Pro athletes with millions of dollars on the line fail drug test for pot.

- Regular people fail drug tests for pot. Heck, I have a relative who almost worked his way into prison by failing drug tests while on probation.

- Adults and young ladies I know go through an awful lot of trouble to get pot from some questionable people in locations they otherwise avoid like the plague when their hook up runs dry.

To me those are signs it messes with your brain chemistry bad enough to risk freedom and millions of dollars for a buzz.

I'll disagree once more then I suspect we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I will try to be quick. Here are a few reasons I feel pot must be terribly addictive:

- Pro athletes with millions of dollars on the line fail drug test for pot.

- Regular people fail drug tests for pot. Heck, I have a relative who almost worked his way into prison by failing drug tests while on probation.

- Adults and young ladies I know go through an awful lot of trouble to get pot from some questionable people in locations they otherwise avoid like the plague when their hook up runs dry.

To me those are signs it messes with your brain chemistry bad enough to risk freedom and millions of dollars for a buzz.
"Here are a few reasons I feel pot must be terribly addictive"
have you ever smoked pot?....

Pot is terribly addictive and harmful to children and adolescents, yet you want to make it widely available as cookies and candy?

Pot is terribly addictive and harmful to children and adolescents, yet you want to make it widely available as cookies and candy?
did i say anything about that,or was that you?...were did i say anything about legalizing pot?.....the subject was "addiction".....do you need any help in moving the goalposts?....and answer my question.....have you ever smoked pot?.....

Forum List

Back