The Medical Industrial Complex is so powerful, that nobody discusses the obvious:

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
The monopoly of the Medical Industrial Complex drives the fees of the Physicians and Hospitals to highway robbery levels. Why does a childbirth, that lasts from 2-5 hours, cost $20-$30,000? Given that nurses do 90% of the work for an annual salary of $80,000, then the doctor, for one hour of his time, gets paid $25,000.

If this is not robbery, I don't know what is! Everybody blames the insurance companies, but nobody names the real culprits: Physicians, and Hospitals that are owned by Physicians! There is an artificial shortage of Physicians in the US, by the Physicians Lobby. They limit the number of graduates from Medical Schools and they forbid foreign Doctors from immigrating to the US.

All this so that their numbers remain limited, and their salaries astronomical. ($250,000 on average, while a Ph.D. in other disciplines, with the same years of training is lucky if he/she gets $80,000, one fourth of what the MD's make). I doubt that this comment gets published!

The Medical Industrial Complex will censor it. This Medical Industrial Greedy Complex will transfer all money to their greedy pockets and bankrupt the US. Medicare is the largest wealth transfer from the taxpayers to the greedy Doctors in the history of the world. They already bankrupted many US auto companies, who became uncompetitive due to outrageous medical insurance costs. Remember? I think the US is doomed because of the stranglehold of this Medical Mafia on the stupid public.

read more or comments What no one is telling you about Medicare - Oct. 21, 2011

Last edited:
Ya got one thing right.

If the folks in medicine truly expect to make 5 -10-20 times what the average worker makes in this nation, we are never going to solve the HC crises.

Forum List

Back