The meaning of "GOP" has changed to ... Government Over People

Sad thing, the whole thing is fucked up because of what we see here:

No one will willing to work together in anything.

I concur. Let's start over and see if we can do better this time around.

I agree!!! :thup:

It's almost like this country needs a clean sweep ... and start from fresh. Can we do? Is it too late? I dunno ... but someone needs to at least try. Is McCain or Obama the one to do it? I don't know ... but at least my vote for Obama is going to express that "change is needed" from what we have now .... and IMO ... a vote for McCain is more of the same.

But as divided as even we members of USMB are ... I seriously doubt this in gonna happen.

It's almost like this country needs a clean sweep ... and start from fresh. Can we do? Is it too late? I dunno ... but someone needs to at least try. Is McCain or Obama the one to do it? I don't know ... but at least my vote for Obama is going to express that "change is needed" from what we have now .... and IMO ... a vote for McCain is more of the same.

But as divided as even we members of USMB are ... I seriously doubt this in gonna happen.

That's why I firmly believe in the quote 'our country needs an armed revolution every 20 years' and we are seriously behind schedule.

I am afraid you will be disappointed. Obama will spend more money than anyone. Money we no longer have. A a very large portion of it will go to Global economies and policies. I am not slamming him. I am just saying be very aware of the change he is promising you.

The Republicans created the loopholes to allow this to happen.....thru deregulations...

though I can not stress enough that it was the financial institutions themsleves and their greed that abused these newer loopholes and were neglegent to their stockholders with their gambling and lack of proper business practices and risk assessment.

But the dems fought tooth and toenail to resist GOP lead efforts to extend oversight of Fannie and Freddie.

Your "stressing" can't change that fact.

But the dems fought tooth and toenail to resist GOP lead efforts to extend oversight of Fannie and Freddie.

Your "stressing" can't change that fact.

:clap2:

Everybody needs to look around and take a good hard look at all of them. No one is blameless.

I am afraid you will be disappointed. Obama will spend more money than anyone. Money we no longer have. A a very large portion of it will go to Global economies and policies. I am not slamming him. I am just saying be very aware of the change he is promising you.

My point has already been made .....

..... it's as if some of you are afraid of change? Just curious.

:clap2:

Everybody needs to look around and take a good hard look at all of them. No one is blameless.

Did some members of the GOP support the laws that created this?

Yes

But the GOP lead the effort to regulate and oversee these moribund institutions.

And I'd like to the see the dems that worked with the GOP on oversight and regulation.

Did some members of the GOP support the laws that created this?

Yes

But the GOP lead the effort to regulate and oversee these moribund institutions.

And I'd like to the see the dems that worked with the GOP on oversight and regulation.

Take note, regulation would not have stopped it either.

It's frustrating to see how so many on both sides say that they don't fear change yet when the biggest change that would help the system is proposed they run from it and go back to their finger pointing.

Take note, regulation would not have stopped it either.
Stopped it?

Perhaps not; but it would be hard to argue that the damage could not have been mitigated.

Just generally speaking: As much as I hate the thought of a $100B debacle I'll take one of those over a $1T debacle any day.

Stopped it?

Perhaps not; but it would be hard to argue that the damage could not have been mitigated.

Just generally speaking: As much as I hate the thought of a $100B debacle I'll take one of those over a $1T debacle any day.

All regulation would have done is slowed it. That would have made the damage more wide spread. Even if we had paid out national debt before it would have effected more people in the country not just those who tried to live beyond their means. Of course it's all theory, we do not know for certain what would have happened until it does, like all bandages it's better to rip it off quickly and get it over with than to pull at it slowly and suffer longer.

Forum List

Back