The Matthew Shepard Act...

I take it you also feel that Dan White should have been charged with a hate crime because he killed a fellow flaming faggot who he obviously hated, Right?

And, he also murdered George Moscone, who wasn't a disgusting flaming faggot btw, because he hated him also. He should have been charged with a hate crime for that one too, right?

Did he shout anti-gay epithets and was there prosecutable evidence that he was targeting random gays because of their sexuality?
Not that I heard of.

Lets put it this way. Two dudes are in a bar. One straight, one a faggot. They get into a brawl. Faggot calls him an asshole straight MF'er, and that he hates you straight MFer's. Straight dude says fuck you faggot, I can't stand you freaks, and they proceed to beat the shit out of each other. Witnesses verify all words said. Who gets charged with a hate crime?

Remember, it's in the heat of a physical battle.

The prosecution tool works both ways and is designed to protect the community from the extended harm caused by intimidation.

because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, or sexual orientation of any person.

Last edited:
More 'what if's' 'maybe's' and 'might of's'.

Wonder if WJ has a list of crimes committed by gays against straights over say...the past 40 years or so. People specifically targeted because they are straight by gay.

Wonder what the list would read like the other way around....
No, it's just an enhancement that could be easily abused by overzealous prosecutors.

My wifes a court reporter in the major crimes division in LA. My brother in law, her brother, is a superior court judge in a felony courtroom. Both have seen prosecutors abuse special allegation cases such as alleged hate crimes for no other reason then to enhance their conviction record, when the hate aspect never should have been filed in the first place. Either it goes all ways, or it doesn't go at all.

No, it's just an enhancement that could be easily abused by overzealous prosecutors.

My wifes a court reporter in the major crimes division in LA. My brother in law, her brother, is a superior court judge in a felony courtroom. Both have seen prosecutors abuse special allegation cases such as alleged hate crimes for no other reason then to enhance their conviction record, when the hate aspect never should have been filed in the first place. Either it goes all ways, or it doesn't go at all.

I'm sure it does happen.

Do you really know we are already in 2010, not 1510??? It doesn't seem so. For your information, gays are fighting to be considered just like the rest of the population. In the long meantime, they are being discriminated at work, school, etc. etc. ETC. and because of that, those laws are important, to fight against people who do not understand that and act accordingly.

You know what, why don't you fake being a gay by wearing this Matthew Shepherd pendant and while you can "benefit" from this legislation, you can make a real favor to the foundation.

They chose the life so if their being treated like second class citizens, it's their own doing.

Do you really know we are already in 2010, not 1510??? It doesn't seem so. For your information, gays are fighting to be considered just like the rest of the population. In the long meantime, they are being discriminated at work, school, etc. etc. ETC. and because of that, those laws are important, to fight against people who do not understand that and act accordingly.

eh, homosexuality is a sexual deviance. That is all. They don't need special rules, if they want to be treated equally like everybody else, they should ditch this, and continue do what they do under the curtain...

not that I'm advocating gayness, but I'm trying to be fair here.

It is a deviance, in the sense they deviate from the norm, not deviant as in being a bad thing.

If Mathew Sheppard got murdered and tied to a wheel by the offenders specifically because he was gay, then that type of law is needed.

Maybe if bigoted fucktards left them alone there wouldn't be the necessity for such laws..

You are a bigot!

I take it you also feel that Dan White should have been charged with a hate crime because he killed a fellow flaming faggot who he obviously hated, Right?

And, he also murdered George Moscone, who wasn't a disgusting flaming faggot btw, because he hated him also. He should have been charged with a hate crime for that one too, right?

Did he shout anti-gay epithets and was there prosecutable evidence that he was targeting random gays because of their sexuality?
Not that I heard of.

Lets put it this way. Two dudes are in a bar. One straight, one a faggot. They get into a brawl. Faggot calls him an asshole straight MF'er, and that he hates you straight MFer's. Straight dude says fuck you faggot, I can't stand you freaks, and they proceed to beat the shit out of each other. Witnesses verify all words said. Who gets charged with a hate crime?

Remember, it's in the heat of a physical battle.

Unless you have some unscrupulous DA, neither should nor would be charged...and no jury should or would convict....just like if one of them killed the other in the heat of a fight...not be charged with premeditated murder.

It is a deviance, in the sense they deviate from the norm, not deviant as in being a bad thing.

If Mathew Sheppard got murdered and tied to a wheel by the offenders specifically because he was gay, then that type of law is needed.

Maybe if bigoted fucktards left them alone there wouldn't be the necessity for such laws..

You are a bigot![/QUOTE]

And you're as dumb as a post.

Your point?

We have laws that if you attack a flight attendant you get three times the sentence than attacking you or I. You attack a school teacher you get more time. You attack a police officer you get more time. On and on and on and on.
But it is okay and the Bible says it is ok to discriminate and persecute gays and lesbians. How dare anyone suggest they get extra time for beating their brains out because they are gay?
However, I oppose all of these laws, especially the flight attendant one. I almost strangled one last week on the red eye from Fort Myers, Fla. to Atlanta.

You know what, why don't you fake being a gay by wearing this Matthew Shepherd pendant and while you can "benefit" from this legislation, you can make a real favor to the foundation.

They chose the life so if their being treated like second class citizens, it's their own doing.

We can say that about people of unpopular religions too, can't we? They chose their life so suck it up.

So..tell us, why are you secessionists still here? Why haven't you left the Union yet?

regarding the matthew shepard saga, i found the following to be instructive.

well, i haven't made enough entries to include links yet. google: joann wypijewski npr

the full piece was published in harper's, not exactly a religious right wing source.

Late last, year most of you probably already know that the Matthew Shepard Act had been passed.

For those that do not know this "measure expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability". It also arisen in light due to the murder of Matthew Shepard in 1998, a murder most speculate was driven because of said victims Sexual Orientation. And this is despite overwhelming evidence which actually proves it wasnt, but thats not point.

Here is what the act is all about:

- removes the prerequisite that the victim be engaging in a federally-protected activity, like voting or going to school;
- gives federal authorities greater ability to engage in hate crimes investigations that local authorities choose not to pursue;
- provides $5 million per year in funding for fiscal years 2010 through 2012 to help state and local agencies pay for investigating and prosecuting hate crimes;
- requires the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to track statistics on hate crimes against transgender people (statistics for the other groups are already tracked).

When we speak of the topic of Terrorism today, words like 'Radical Islam' and names like 'Osama Bin Laden' are casually thrown in. The fact is the biggest groups of terrorists that have caused problems in the US are actually 'equal rights' group coming from the left. The gay rights movement is no different from the Civil Rights movement and Feminist which have appeared in the mid 20th century...once radical movements to create equality for their respective collective, its as obvious as ever that the true objective was to oust the previous dominating group (heterosexuals) and give more special rights to the less perceived group (in this case homosexuals)...

When will these idiots realize that creating hate crime acts which create specifically exclusive and protected categories doesn't equalize anything but create more conflict. It is an 100% illegitamate act. If I wanted to, I can fake being gay and reap the benefits of this act.

In Conclusion, the Matthew Shepard act is another piece of turd pushed forth by the far left. An emotional response, but not a realistic one...

If Gays are just like the rest of the population, why would they need a hate crime act to single them out from the rest of the other people? I thought we moved in the same train?

Oh bummer.

Now, when me and boys go out trolling for queers to bash, we'll be violating hate crime laws.

We have laws that if you attack a flight attendant you get three times the sentence than attacking you or I. You attack a school teacher you get more time. You attack a police officer you get more time. On and on and on and on.
But it is okay and the Bible says it is ok to discriminate and persecute gays and lesbians. How dare anyone suggest they get extra time for beating their brains out because they are gay?
However, I oppose all of these laws, especially the flight attendant one. I almost strangled one last week on the red eye from Fort Myers, Fla. to Atlanta.

The Bible says no such thing. Perhaps you need to put down the Palin translation Bible.

The fudge packers are part of a protected class in America.

They have special laws that only apply to them and their perverted lifestyle.

The gay agenda is to put themselves in an untouchable legal status.

Then they can work towards their ultimate goal of making pedophilia legal. :evil:

Hell, Mr Poe, would you like more absinthe?

1253912728899-1089836859.gif

I oppose all 'hate-crime' laws, as they declare that to commit the same offense against one person is worse than to do so to another.

Forum List

Back