The Mathematics of Polling

Most of us with a minimal education understand this, but those whose political expectations are disappointed by the polls try to avoid the realtiy of the mathematics.

This thread is for anyone who wants to know more about the mathematics of polling. These links explain how a statistical sample of 1,000 can be a fairly accurate representation of 200 million people.
The problem's not the math, but ensuring that the sample polled is truly representative of the larger population. There is a lot of room for fusing , leading questions, and other practices that can skew the results.

There is so much wrong with polls. Anyone who thinks they are fact are just blind.
:eusa_eh:

Saing that x percent of respondents said y isn't a fact?

Are you really so stupid?

You do realize just how stupid that is, but more proof that you only copy and paste, thank you.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4]YouTube - Penn and Teller Defend Ron Paul vs. Luntz and Fox News[/ame]

more proof that you only copy and paste, thank you.
YouTube - Penn and Teller Defend Ron Paul vs. Luntz and Fox News

-then you copy--> paste a video :lol: And what's that video say? Why, it says what JB said

The problem's not the math, but ensuring that the sample polled is truly representative of the larger population. There is a lot of room for fudging, leading questions, and other practices that can skew the results.
:lol:

Also, do tell what what I copy-->pasted and where from ;)

more proof that you only copy and paste, thank you.
YouTube - Penn and Teller Defend Ron Paul vs. Luntz and Fox News

-then you copy--> paste a video :lol: And what's that video say? Why, it says what JB said

The problem's not the math, but ensuring that the sample polled is truly representative of the larger population. There is a lot of room for fudging, leading questions, and other practices that can skew the results.
:lol:

Also, do tell what what I copy-->pasted and where from ;)

1. Copy and paste doesn't mean an actual copy and paste, it's another way of saying parroting, just one difference, parroting is political, copy and paste is everything.

2. If you said what I believe, then why did you decide to disagree with me in the first place? You must be trolling again since you didn't ask me why I said that.

1. Copy and paste doesn't mean an actual copy and paste

Why is it that every time I see you online, you end up backpedaling by the night's end? If you meant to say I was 'parroting' anything, you would have said so. You did not. You said I copy..) pasted ;) Then... you copy--> pasted your 'argument' :lol: Stop challendgin me, KK. You only end up looking foolish.

2. If you said what I believe,

You didn't say it could be be skewed. You said that the results given were not facts. The results of the poll are facts. They just might not be indicative of anything other than the poll results. That's what I said and it's now what you want to say because I'm right. It is not, however, what you said.

Are you done making a fool of yourself now? Can we continue the discussion without any more of you antics?

1. Copy and paste doesn't mean an actual copy and paste

Why is it that every time I see you online, you end up backpedaling by the night's end? If you meant to say I was 'parroting' anything, you would have said so. You did not. You said I copy..) pasted ;) Then... you copy--> pasted your 'argument' :lol: Stop challendgin me, KK. You only end up looking foolish.

2. If you said what I believe,

You didn't say it could be be skewed. You said that the results given were not facts. The results of the poll are facts. They just might not be indicative of anything other than the poll results. That's what I said and it's now what you want to say because I'm right. It is not, however, what you said.

Are you done making a fool of yourself now? Can we continue the discussion without any more of you antics?

Why is it you just want to be an asshole with no real intellect instead of learning a thing or two? Reread my posts, again ... it wasn't "back peddling", that's just your own ignorance and arrogance showing.

"Anyone who thinks that polls represent facts are idiots."

This thread is for anyone who wants to know more about the mathematics of polling. These links explain how a statistical sample of 1,000 can be a fairly accurate representation of 200 million people.
The problem's not the math, but ensuring that the sample polled is truly representative of the larger population. There is a lot of room for fusing , leading questions, and other practices that can skew the results.

Absolutely. The problems can be in the design of the poll.

As well as where they are taken ... as I said, there are a lot of problems with polls.

As well as where they are taken ... as I said, there are a lot of problems with polls.

You didn't say shit. You copy--> pasted a video to agree with JB.

Forum List

Back